ADVERTISEMENT

If not for the GT debacle

Pretty much. Also could have lost to WVU, though, which is what I have to keep telling myself to avoid the frustration.

We haven't been beaten soundly in two years, and the close ones always come with what-ifs.
I will get crushed for this, but yes, I felt/feel WVU was/is better. But we made the play when needed.

I mean, if you want to win, play better. If Bub Means holds onto that ball, we are up 17-0 on Tennessee. But I also think the officiating was a contributing factor to the loss. One of many. But it seems that many feel that Tennessee has the SEC refs to thank for their ranking.

Feelings aside, Big time would be a stretch. They aren't bad either.
I get criticized on here fkr pointing out coaching has cost Pitt a possible top 10 ranking. You just keep saying Pitt sucks and is a pretender.

I get criticized on here fkr pointing out coaching has cost Pitt a possible top 10 ranking. You just keep saying Pitt sucks and is a pretender.
I'm not saying Pitt sucks. You said that.

I'm just saying that Pitt doesn't deserve to be in any playoff conversation. You can't be as talent deficient as Pitt is at key positions and still be a legit playoff contender.

Our coach has the third most wins in school history.

you trying to end up like GT or UNC???

Pitt is ranked 15th with their only loss in OT without our starting QB to the #2 team in the nation and we are feeling like we're big time.
I actually said something very similar to your point a couple of weeks ago. If Pitt had defeated Tennessee, they would not have lost to GT. They would be 6-0 and would have been ranked in a very similar position to where Tennessee was ranked this week (somewhere around #7- or #8).
Now, they would not have made the leap into the top 3 or 4 that Tennessee is about to make next week, but they would have probably been as high as #6 after this week.

I actually said something very similar to your point a couple of weeks ago. If Pitt had defeated Tennessee, they would not have lost to GT. They would be 6-0 and would have been ranked in a very similar position to where Tennessee was ranked this week (somewhere around #7- or #8).
Now, they would not have made the leap into the top 3 or 4 that Tennessee is about to make next week, but they would have probably been as high as #6 after this week.
Unfortunately we very well still likely lose to GT. Pitt long has had a debilitating illness that I believe Professor Jerome Lane called “Rinky Dink Syndrome”.

Reactions: quip
Last year was the time to go undefeated.
Yes Pitt was a better team last year, but this year is the weakest I can remember the top teams being in a long time. Alabama hasn't looked like Alabama, we saw TN here. Only teams that look like top 4 type of teams are osu and Georgia

I'm not saying Pitt sucks. You said that.

I'm just saying that Pitt doesn't deserve to be in any playoff conversation. You can't be as talent deficient as Pitt is at key positions and still be a legit playoff contender.
Its likely a moot point because I agree this team hasn't played well except for the TN game. But if they do go on a run,I do not think they will, we will look back at the gt game in horror. If they are standing at 10-2 that game will be the reason they aren't in the playoff discussion because win that and the TN loss is pretty easy to explain away. But I expect them to lose at least two more and the gt loss will just be another loss

Its likely a moot point because I agree this team hasn't played well except for the TN game. But if they do go on a run,I do not think they will, we will look back at the gt game in horror. If they are standing at 10-2 that game will be the reason they aren't in the playoff discussion because win that and the TN loss is pretty easy to explain away. But I expect them to lose at least two more and the gt loss will just be another loss
I just think it's a joke for Pitt to even be mentioned in a playoff discussion. (much the same way I thought of Cincy last year) If Pitt does go on a run & win the Coastal, I think it will probably end badly in Charlotte against Clemson.

What if's. What if PITT doesn't have all the injuries. Why all the injuries, is this team not in football shape?

It would be curious where both teams would be right now if we had won the Tennessee game like we easily could have.

I think we would be undefeated and sitting in Top 5. UT would probably have a few more losses as well and a so so season.

College football is ALL about emotion.

I just think it's a joke for Pitt to even be mentioned in a playoff discussion. (much the same way I thought of Cincy last year) If Pitt does go on a run & win the Coastal, I think it will probably end badly in Charlotte against Clemson.
The winner of the coastal will give Clemson a game in the title matchup. Clemson has looked vulnerable in games this year.

Reactions: pbrad
ADVERTISEMENT