ADVERTISEMENT

If Pitt had collapsed at the end of the season like the Steelers did ...

... Can you imagine what the regional media would be saying and writing?
I don't see the media writing nice things about the Steelers today. Do you? And PITT DESERVES to be blasted way more, Steelers have collapsed the last few years, but Pitt has been basically in total collapse since Dan Marino left.

I don't see the media writing nice things about the Steelers today. Do you? And PITT DESERVES to be blasted way more, Steelers have collapsed the last few years, but Pitt has been basically in total collapse since Dan Marino left.
The issue isn’t blasting Pitt. The issue is painting every picture rosey for Penn State and WVU even when they deserve to get blasted. Double Standard.

Let's see headlines.

The Athletic's Ed Bouchette: "Playoff loss to the Browns might be the end of the Steelers as we know them."
The Athletic's Sean Gentile: ""Ben Roethlisberger's last, best shot ended before it began."
PG's Paul Zeise: "The Browns loss should be the end of the Ben Roethlisberger era."
PG's Gene Collier: "The Steelers, the most embarrassing playoff loss since their last most embarrassing playoff loss."
PG's Ron Cook: "Ben Roethlisberger and Maurkice Pouncey looked like anything but stars on Sunday."
PG's Brian Batko "Steelers confronted with a new reality. The Browns get the last laugh."
PG's Ray Fittapaldo gave straight F's across the board on player and coaching grades.
Trib's Joe Rutter: "Turnover prone Steelers bounced by big play Browns".
Trib's Mark Madden: "Mike Tomlin was out coached by someone who was not even there."
Trib's Tim Benz: "'Airing of grievances' after Steelers suffer humiliating playoff defeat to Cleveland."

Yeah....so there ya go. Only Pitt gets negative headlines. Only Pitt. Everyone is against Pitt. And sugarcoat everything else.

Let's see headlines.

The Athletic's Ed Bouchette: "Playoff loss to the Browns might be the end of the Steelers as we know them."
The Athletic's Sean Gentile: ""Ben Roethlisberger's last, best shot ended before it began."
PG's Paul Zeise: "The Browns loss should be the end of the Ben Roethlisberger era."
PG's Gene Collier: "The Steelers, the most embarrassing playoff loss since their last most embarrassing playoff loss."
PG's Ron Cook: "Ben Roethlisberger and Maurkice Pouncey looked like anything but stars on Sunday."
PG's Brian Batko "Steelers confronted with a new reality. The Browns get the last laugh."
PG's Ray Fittapaldo gave straight F's across the board on player and coaching grades.
Trib's Mark Madden: "Mike Tomlin was out coached by someone who was not even there."
Trib's Tim Benz: "'Airing of grievances' after Steelers suffer humiliating playoff defeat to Cleveland."

Yeah....so there ya go. Only Pitt gets negative headlines. Only Pitt. Everyone is against Pitt. And sugarcoat everything else.

Too many facts. Must... look... away.

9a65d8d954f6051982e5dcf02abe6ee8.jpg

Let's see headlines.

This is a one-day sample based on a poor performance. If it involved Pitt, they would be second-guessing the coaching staff, questioning the university's commitment to football, talking about the lack of depth, mediocre recruiting.

These guys are just vultures picking over the day-old dead corpse. If it was Pitt, they would be feasting on red meat -- questioning EVERYTHING about the program, every minute decision and brining up Oval Janes and how Jock Sutherland got a raw deal from Chancellor Bowman . You know I'm right.

This is a one-day sample based on a poor performance. If it involved Pitt, they would be second-guessing the coaching staff, questioning the university's commitment to football, talking about the lack of depth, mediocre recruiting.

These guys are just vultures picking over the day-old dead corpse. If it was Pitt, they would be feasting on red meat -- questioning EVERYTHING about the program, every minute decision and brining up Oval Janes and how Jock Sutherland got a raw deal from Chancellor Bowman . You know I'm right.
Dude, your take was bogus. Take the L and go lick your wounds in private. Every aspect of the Steelers organization is getting grilled like no Pitt team in history and it won't stop for months. People are out for blood. A HoF QB and C are toast. A HC with one of the better records in NFL history is getting mauled. Its ugly. Wanny and Tino never got it this bad.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Dude, your take was bogus. Take the L and go lick your wounds in private. Every aspect of the Steelers organization is getting grilled like no Pitt team in history and it won't stop for months. People are out for blood. A HoF QB and C are toast. A HC with one of the better records in NFL history is getting mauled. Its ugly. Wanny and Tino never got it this bad.
Yes.

Let's see....coaching being questioned? Check.
Coordinators being questioned? Check.
Coaches wanting to be fired? Check.
QB questioned? Check.
QB to be cut? Check.
OL questioning? Check.
Personnel decisions questioned? Check.
Players commitment questioned? Check.
Draft decisions questioned? Check.
Attendance questioned? Check.

What more does this moron want the local media to say? Pitt, and I want this guy to read this very next comment carefully, you and all these little whiny Pitt fans, okay? PITT FOOTBALL NEVER, EVER, EVER, NEVER, NEVER, EVER HAS THE SAME AMOUNT OF SCRUTINY AS THE STEELERS. EVER.

The Fan is playing the Browns radio calls of the big plays with the Doors "The End" playing in the background. Yeah, they only criticize Pitt.

The Fan is playing the Browns radio calls of the big plays with the Doors "The End" playing in the background. Yeah, they only criticize Pitt.
Ha, that's funny. I almost never listen to the Fan but did earlier today driving around just to hear the Steelers fallout. When I was listening during that time, they did the same thing with game calls but had it set to Everybody Hurts by REM, made me chuckle.

Steelers? Don’t really see that. WVU? PG barely covers (Cook did some when Bradley there) Trib covers little more. PSU? Straight up bias there. Polluted with hired pens locally.

I have to agree with you. They'd dredge up every Pitt misstep from the first misplaced nail in the original log cabin classroom. Steelers are getting flamed for the moment. And possibly the criticism could extend if the Steelers take a casual attitude toward this offseason and the need for changes. But with all those free agents, I don't see how change cannot happen.

I have to agree with you. They'd dredge up every Pitt misstep from the first misplaced nail in the original log cabin classroom. Steelers are getting flamed for the moment. And possibly the criticism could extend if the Steelers take a casual attitude toward this offseason and the need for changes. But with all those free agents, I don't see how change cannot happen.

Half of the reason is Pitt fans eat this stuff up. We're the first to be negative about the team. Penn State is always hyped because that fanbase is delusional about their team. They could have three losses and they still believe they're up there with big time schools like Ohio State and Alabama.

The Steelers are getting grilled all over the place right now. They've made it all the way up to ARII on The Fan this afternoon.

You forgot , time to look for a new A.D./ and the fans screaming for the return of the Golden Panthers ...

Reactions: djbpitt
ADVERTISEMENT