ADVERTISEMENT

If Pitt let you make the schedule next year, what would it be?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Mine:

Home
WVU
RMU
Greenbrier cupcake (we can't control)
Good cupcake - maybe someone like Yale or Colgate?

Road
SEC
Duquesne
Drexel, LaSalle, or St. Joseph's at The Palestra (lots of Pitt fans)

Neutral
Greenbrier
Greenbrier

Home or neutral (this depends on our Greenbrier draw and the 4th team there. Cant have a chance of playing like East Carolina or George Washington in a 3rd place game)
I would schedule a winnable home or neutral site game vs a decent P6.

It doesn't work that way anymore.

I mean we just had a year when we played in Brooklyn and didn't have a 3rd and 4th cupcake game to go along with it. Do you think that the people who run the NIT (the NCAA) don't know the scheduling rules? Or that they forgot to schedule us two games? Or maybe, just maybe, have the rules for MTEs changed?

Nah, can't be that. They must have just forgotten.

It doesn't work that way anymore.

I mean we just had a year when we played in Brooklyn and didn't have a 3rd and 4th cupcake game to go along with it. Do you think that the people who run the NIT (the NCAA) don't know the scheduling rules? Or that they forgot to schedule us two games? Or maybe, just maybe, have the rules for MTEs changed?

Nah, can't be that. They must have just forgotten.

So we get 31 games no matter what? Ok, good. Schedule the best cupcakes you can fine then. No HBCU's or low majors. Teams picked near the top of their leagues. Jamie was awesome at this.

Mine:

Home
WVU
RMU
Good cupcake - maybe someone like Yale or Colgate?

Road
SEC
Duquesne
Drexel, LaSalle, or St. Joseph's at The Palestra (lots of Pitt fans)

Neutral
Greenbrier
Greenbrier

Home or neutral (this depends on our Greenbrier draw and the 4th team there. Cant have a chance of playing like East Carolina or George Washington in a 3rd place game)
I would schedule a winnable home or neutral site game vs a decent P6.
I would schedule all P6 teams - go 18-15 and get a 7 seed.

I would schedule all P6 teams - go 18-15 and get a 7 seed.

I am ok with that but there's more risk. Non-con SOS would be #1. You'd have to go 17-14 in the regular season because you will lose that 15th in the ACCT. That wont be easy.

I am ok with that but there's more risk. Non-con SOS would be #1. You'd have to go 17-14 in the regular season because you will lose that 15th in the ACCT. That wont be easy.
Im mostly joking - but it seems to be exactly what the committee wants .

Neutral:
Greenbrier
Greenbrier
Duquesne

Home:
WVU
St Bonaventure
NC A&T
North Florida
Colgate
YSU

Road:
SEC
Howard (on way to greenbrier)

Neutral
Duquesne
Cincy

Away
Michigan State
Northwestern
Sec

Home
WVU
Vermont
VCU
Richmond
Princeton
Dayton

You could do the same thing and it would be fine if two teams didn't unexpectedly epicly suck.

Might as well game it to get some dirt cheap Q2 road/neutral wins, though.

Neutral:
Greenbrier
Greenbrier
Duquesne

Home:
WVU
St Bonaventure
NC A&T
North Florida
Colgate
YSU

Road:
SEC
Howard (on way to greenbrier)

You cant play HBCU's. Their NETs are always in the 300s or high 200s so no NCAT. I don't necessarily mind a road game at Howard if they are picked to win the MEAC because that could be a Q3 game. North Florida, it would have to depend on their projection. FGCU and Jax from the same league tanked us. Colgate and YSU are probably good. Wouldn't mind a 2 for 1 at YSU, Akron, or Kent.

Reactions: wolf0717
Also, keep in mind that with the additions of Cal, Stan, and SMU, our ACC SOS will likely get weaker though Louisville should be significantly improved. We got a little lucky that our ACC SOS was about as as strong as it could be. If we played UVa's ACC schedule, we would have had no chance at the NCAAT. So Pitt needs to take that into consideration and schedule tough in the non-con

Also, keep in mind that with the additions of Cal, Stan, and SMU, our ACC SOS will likely get weaker though Louisville should be significantly improved. We got a little lucky that our ACC SOS was about as as strong as it could be. If we played UVa's ACC schedule, we would have had no chance at the NCAAT. So Pitt needs to take that into consideration and schedule tough in the non-con
Yes we can’t count on as strong conference Schedule as this year. Last year we had 11 Q3/Q4 ACC games compared to only 5 this year. Who knows what it will be next year but it won’t have NC (2), Duke (2), Wake (3), Clemson (2), NC State (2), Syracuse (2).

Yes we can’t count on as strong conference Schedule as this year. Last year we had 11 Q3/Q4 ACC games compared to only 5 this year. Who knows what it will be next year but it won’t have NC (2), Duke (2), Wake (3), Clemson (2), NC State (2), Syracuse (2).

Have to plan for the worst. Have to plan for a really weak ACC schedule like UVa got and do your work outside the ACC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT