ADVERTISEMENT

If we win the next 2, we probably win the Coastal

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Just saying.

We'd be 3-1 and in a tie with 3-1 UNC. GT would hopefully lose at FSU and be at 3-2. We'd have 1 guaranteed win left at a terrible UVa team. Probable win vs Duke and probably split Syr/Miami.

6-2 with a tiebreaker over 6-2 UNC does it. Lets say UNC loses at Wake or home vs NC State. GT and Miami will probably have at least 3 losses. They play each other. Miami has to play FSU and Clemson

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
Even if Pitt beats Carolina, the Heels might not lose again. The toughest game they have left is Wake and they can win that. NCstate is toast.

Nice of the ACC to give UNC a bye before we play them, while having Pitt play back to back road games.

Too much football left to worry about scenarios. Just win your games.

Nice of the ACC to give UNC a bye before we play them, while having Pitt play back to back road games.

Too much football left to worry about scenarios. Just win your games.
Since I dont play for the team, I can do the what if thing. If we win the next 2, we become the statistical favorite to win the Coastal and I think we do. Tall order though. Underdogs in next 2, team not playing well. I think we split them

Even if Pitt beats Carolina, the Heels might not lose again. The toughest game they have left is Wake and they can win that. NCstate is toast.

Yeah, that NC State game is a killer.

I do think Wake is better than UNC, though, plus it's at Wake. So, in my opinion, we can afford only one more loss, and that loss cannot be against UNC.

We't got a much tougher remaining schedule, though.

UNC:

Pitt, at Virginia, at Wake, Georgia Tech, NC State

Pitt:

Louisville, at UNC, Syracuse, at Virginia, Duke, at Miami

Not looking too hot, if we're being honest.

Since I dont play for the team, I can do the what if thing. If we win the next 2, we become the statistical favorite to win the Coastal and I think we do. Tall order though. Underdogs in next 2, team not playing well. I think we split them
i agree. i'd love to win both (who wouldnt) and IF we did, we are in driver's seat for coastal and most likely in top 25 again..

just right now, how we are playing with our QB play (and wrs), i'd almost sign up for a split as we will be underdogs in both..

You can what if all you want, but they won't have "probably won the coastal" if they win the next 2, at the halfway point of the ACC schedule. We have different definitions of probably.

If we split them, a win over one of the two is much more significant than the other. No matter what, you "probably" can't lose the UNC game. There's a lot of football left.

You can what if all you want, but they won't have "probably won the coastal" if they win the next 2, at the halfway point of the ACC schedule. We have different definitions of probably.

SMF simply cannot conceive of the idea that a team that lost a home game to Georgia Tech could possibly lose on the road to Miami, or even at home to Syracuse.

i saw from our ACC analytics expert david hale that the Tarheels right now, as of today, have an 80% chance of winning the coastal. im sure it goes up dramatically if they beat pitt..

If we split them, a win over one of the two is much more significant than the other. No matter what, you "probably" can't lose the UNC game. There's a lot of football left.
if we win the next two, we are sitting in the driver's seat for the coastal. not a lock of course but what is but we'd be the odds-on favorite by a wide margin to be coastal winners IF this happens..

Of course us winning the next two is a long shot in itself..

Never worry about what you can't control.

While it's a cliche that the most important game is the one you're playing, it's also a fact.

Play them one at a time. If we win them, we'll be in a better place than if we lose them. Personally, I like Pitt's chances with a 10-2 record.

Pitt's game against Louisville is presently the biggest game on the schedule.

SMF simply cannot conceive of the idea that a team that lost a home game to Georgia Tech could possibly lose on the road to Miami, or even at home to Syracuse.
I have us losing to Miami but winning the rest. Sure, we can lose to Syr or Duke or even UVa but at 3-1, I think we win it at 6-2 with the annual Miami loss since they'll lose 2 more

ADVERTISEMENT