ADVERTISEMENT

If you had to make a 14 team league of just Pac 12/Big 12 schools, who do you pick?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
And in what order?

Mine:

1. Oregon
2. Washington
3. Stanford
4. Colorado
5. Cal
6. Arizona
7. Oklahoma State
8. Texas Tech
9. Kansas
10. Utah
11. Arizona State
12. Houston
13. Baylor
14. TCU

From the Pac-12,
1. Arizona
2. Arizona State
3. Cal
4. Colorado
5. Oregon
6. Stanford
7. UCLA
8. USC
9. Utah
10. Washington

From the Big 12,
11. Baylor
12. Kansas
13. Oklahoma State
14. West Virginia

I also considered BYU, Iowa State, TCU, and Texas Tech.

Washington
Washington State
Oregon
Cal
Stanford
Arizona
Arizona State
Utah
Colorado
Oklahoma State
Kansas
Houston
Iowa State
TCU

Boy there are a couple really poor attempts at trolling in this thread already. Do better guys. Step your games up.
They likely are seeing the possibilities down the line. If literally one event occurs (B1G takes top PAC remaining schools), then it’s inevitable that the ACC will be the final carcass to be picked. That’s NOT a good position to be in if you are a lesser ACC program.

I totally understand why they would troll WVU at this time. SMF has been doing this for the last month. He’s a VERY emotional poster (as you all very well know). Again, I don’t blame him. I obviously cut on Pitt’s attendance, etc. but that doesn’t mean Pitt or BC should simply be left for dead either.

Those who are able to look 2-3 steps ahead understand this. SMF understands this for certain. His repeated post creations trolling WVU reflect his fear of the future. I still think Pitt would have a shot at landing in a conference that would be relevant but it’s going to be difficult. The lesser programs in the ACC MIGHT be better served by allowing the GoR go bye-bye now but Wake Forest would vehemently be against it because they are a DMW program. I say this because the train might be full by the time the ACC top brands leave in a few years.

Last edited:
They likely are seeing the possibilities down the line. If literally one event occurs (B1G takes top PAC remaining schools), then it’s inevitable that the ACC will be the final carcass to be picked. That’s NOT a good position to be in if you are a lesser ACC program.

I totally understand why they would troll WVU at this time. SMF has been doing this for the last month. He’s a VERY emotional poster (as you all very well know). Again, I don’t blame him. I obviously cut on Pitt’s attendance, etc. but that doesn’t mean Pitt or BC should simply be left for dead either.

Those who are able to look 2-3 steps ahead understand this. SMF understands this for certain. His repeated post creations trolling WVU reflect his fear of the future. I still think Pitt would have a shot at landing in a conference that would be relevant but it’s going to be difficult. The lesser programs in the ACC MIGHT be better served by allowing the GoR go bye-bye now but Wake Forest would vehemently be against it because they are a DMW program. I say this because the train might be full by the time the ACC top brands leave in a few years.
The point of this exercise is basically to rank the 14 most attractive programs. I don't think you would argue the Pac 12 programs dwarfs the new Big East's programs in terms of brand/market value. I dare you to rank the teams based on brand/market value.

North
Washington
Washington St.
Oregon
Oregon St.
Utah
BYU
Colorado

South
Stanford
California
Arizona
Arizona St.
Texas Tech
Baylor
TCU

Boy there are a couple really poor attempts at trolling in this thread already. Do better guys. Step your games up.
LOL.....I think they need to take some lessons from...well me. Please, anyone with any desire for advice on trolling the Hoopies you are welcome to DM me. Only $7.99 per DM answer. I do have PayPal.

• Haha
Reactions: Dan1911 and Fk_Pitt
The point of this exercise is basically to rank the 14 most attractive programs. I don't think you would argue the Pac 12 programs dwarfs the new Big East's programs in terms of brand/market value. I dare you to rank the teams based on brand/market value.
I think if you were to combine the Big 12 and Pac 12 into a 14-team conference, WVU would get in solely based on the fact that they’re in the eastern time zone. Having schools across all time zones would be good for TV scheduling purposes.

I think if you were to combine the Big 12 and Pac 12 into a 14-team conference, WVU would get in solely based on the fact that they’re in the eastern time zone. Having schools across all time zones would be good for TV scheduling purposes.
If its only 14 teams, I don't think their market value offsets the travel. Who would you kick out to take WVU? Kansas? Their basketball team has serious value and they are closer and in the KC market. Houston? Baylor?

Teams in the central time zone play games that start at 11:00 local time every week.

I know that boggles some people's minds on here, but it is none the less true.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Teams in the central time zone play games that start at 11:00 local time every week.

I know that boggles some people's minds on here, but it is none the less true.
Yup. It’s why, among other reasons, why Oklahoma left for the SEC. They were fed up with that time slot.

The greatest thing about this specific thread is that it is known that SMF is simply trying to troll WVU…..and it’s been stated by multiple rational Pitt fans 😆 and yet the poor feller doubles and triples down on his post.

Yup. It’s why, among other reasons, why Oklahoma left for the SEC. They were fed up with that time slot.

And yet when they get there they are still going to play 11:00 home games. Every central time zone SEC team plays at least one or two 11:00 home games every year.

I mean if Alabama plays 11:00 home games how does Oklahoma think they aren't going to have to?

And yet when they get there they are still going to play 11:00 home games. Every central time zone SEC team plays at least one or two 11:00 home games every year.

I mean if Alabama plays 11:00 home games how does Oklahoma think they aren't going to have to?
Not sure, I’m just relaying what I was told when I was given a heads up on their departure. They felt like they “deserved more after what they had done for the Big 12.” Their words, not mine.

Not sure, I’m just relaying what I was told when I was given a heads up on their departure. They felt like they “deserved more after what they had done for the Big 12.” Their words, not mine.

The first Saturday of the season Texas A&M has an 11:00 home game. The second weekend of the season Texas (against Alabama), Arkansas and Vanderbilt have them. The third weekend Missouri has one.

Other teams with 11:00 home games the first three weeks include Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern (twice), Virginia Tech, Nebraska and Baylor.

If they think they are somehow going to avoid 11:00 kickoffs in the SEC they are going to be in for a surprise.

The first Saturday of the season Texas A&M has an 11:00 home game. The second weekend of the season Texas (against Alabama), Arkansas and Vanderbilt have them. The third weekend Missouri has one.

Other teams with 11:00 home games the first three weeks include Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern (twice), Virginia Tech, Nebraska and Baylor.

If they think they are somehow going to avoid 11:00 kickoffs in the SEC they are going to be in for a surprise.
Maybe they’ll get the time slots they want their first couple years, but once they become “just another SEC team,” I think they’ll have a little less sway. People think them and Texas (to a lesser extent) are going to walk in and start running the conference, but that just hasn’t been the case when it comes to realignment.

Maybe they’ll get the time slots they want their first couple years, but once they become “just another SEC team,” I think they’ll have a little less sway. People think them and Texas (to a lesser extent) are going to walk in and start running the conference, but that just hasn’t been the case when it comes to realignment.

I think some people, especially the ones at Texas, are in for a rude awakening. Texas was able to bully the other schools in their conference, because other than Oklahoma none of those other schools matter at all. When they go to the SEC it isn't going to take a couple years for them to be "just another school". They are going to be just another school right from day one.

The greatest thing about this specific thread is that it is known that SMF is simply trying to troll WVU…..and it’s been stated by multiple rational Pitt fans 😆 and yet the poor feller doubles and triples down on his post.
Very similar to you.

I spent a couple of summers in Alaska and was there for the first two weekends of college football. Hard to get use to getting early for the 8 A.M. kickoff.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
I am still waiting for your 14 team conference. If someone named you commissioner of some new league and you could take any 14 teams from the Big 12 and Pac 12 in an effort to secure the best TV deal, who do you take? For the purposes of this thread, its assumed no one would leave this league in the foreseeable future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT