ADVERTISEMENT

I'm a Pitt fan and it's sad to see....

If we are misreading it, how do you think other people (i.e. potential recruits, HS coaches, etc) are reading it?

Potential recruits will have long since forgot as soon as their next season starts whether it’s football or another sport.

Reactions: Usuallyunusual
I know a couple of kids that were D1 recruited and they went to the school it felt right for them. It had nothing to do with the opinion of their head coach or anyone else. They went with their heart and choose the school for themselves. They thanked their coaches but made their own decision. I like Narduzz's passion for Pitt and it rubs off on the players. They needed a good OC and hopefully they hired the right one.

If we are misreading it, how do you think other people (i.e. potential recruits, HS coaches, etc) are reading it?
How are they? The answer is, not at all. Because nobody's paying attention to what he's saying. Hes a pretty irrelevant figure, frankly. Nobody cares except a few of us nutjob Pitt fans (and I wouldn't have known of his words myself if not for this thread). That is both the good and the bad thing here.

The words were perfectly innocuous and only getting criticism here because some fans can see only the head coach as the cause of all woes, and the tide is turning against him. We still stink, and although it's the Pitt administration that is behind that, refusing to allow winning tactics, nobody understands or is willing to accept that. No, it's time to fire the coach. Again. So let's start demonizing him.

3 years ago, after a couple 8 win seasons, this thread would never be seen.

Reactions: BigBird80
This is all bullshit really. Will Gipson wanted to be here and the Duzz got him a scholarship. Have we forgotten, we have a kid from Aliquippa. Duzz will take them if they want to be here. I don't understand why everyone is agonizing over losing a kid from Aliquippa that didn't want to come here. The fact that he played around and tryed to find a scholly from just about any big school close to us, and finally found one in Kentucky is laughable. Good for him, a marginal recruit, who wasn't going to move the needle. If local kids want to stay home and play for Pitt, this non-event will have zero effect on their decision.

Did any of them ask WTF the 'quips are doing burning their bridges with Pitt, or are they so self-centered that they think this is just a one way street?
Narduzzi has to be above this line of crap. He needs to take the high road. He can bitch about it in private but he will need to go back into that coaches office some day again for a future recruit.

Recruiting is all about building relationships and sustaining them. Repeat business.

Narduzzi has to be above this line of crap. He needs to take the high road.

Recruiting is all about building relationships and sustaining them. Repeat business.

So you do think it's a one way street.

Pitt offered and recruited hard a borderline 'quip. He want to go the OSU and they didn't offer. He wanted to go to PSU and they didn't offer. He wanted to go to WVU and they didn't offer. He did everything in his power to show Pitt that he didn't want to have anything to do with them. What incentive is there for Pitt to recruit the next borderline 'quip, other than the fact that 'quips think their crap doesn't stink?

It was a joke.

But since you asked, business owner and semi-retired since my late 30s. Actually, most of my clients are engineers- I like the way they think.

Pitt chemical engineering grad. How about you pal?

Reactions: CCHS82
I work in Beaver County. I was off sick from work Wednesday and Thursday. Went back yesterday. I had at least a half of a dozen people ask me WTF is Narduzzi doing burning bridges with the 'quips. Some of these people are Pitt fans while others are what I call casual fans, They are all fans of the local high schools and WPa football. There is pride there whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. No different than us getting butt hurt when some local WPIAL coach calls us out.

Yes, it does matter. Especially, when you need every little edge that you can get with recruiting. Narduzzi gets a rep with people, whether it is right or wrong. Perception is reality and next thing you know, BOOM, he is an a$$ and that becomes the word on the street. It keeps growing then.
Fair enough but answer me this. How many college stars have come out of the BV since Reavis? Ty law was a century ago, Shell was/is a never was/has been. Fosters Dad made the call. Henry aint leaving college esrly.Burning bridges? WTF. One good, not great, player a year in an entire county doesn't qualify as a hotbed. Pugh stunk and is gone. Is it Nards fault that the Beaver Valley guys turn out to be duds?
You want to be critical of PN recruiting, do it. But missing on a few guys in a place that lives off its reputation in producing D1 P5 talent isn't the reason. We took a stretch on one kid from Quippa, but I doubt that comes up. And to wrap it up, have any of the guys from the BV other than Foster earned a college degree? I don't know the answer to that question, but I have my suspicions.

Fair enough but answer me this. How many college stars have come out of the BV since Reavis? Ty law was a century ago, Shell was/is a never was/has been. Fosters Dad made the call. Henry aint leaving college esrly.Burning bridges? WTF. One good, not great, player a year in an entire county doesn't qualify as a hotbed. Pugh stunk and is gone. Is it Nards fault that the Beaver Valley guys turn out to be duds?
You want to be critical of PN recruiting, do it. But missing on a few guys in a place that lives off its reputation in producing D1 P5 talent isn't the reason. We took a stretch on one kid from Quippa, but I doubt that comes up. And to wrap it up, have any of the guys from the BV other than Foster earned a college degree? I don't know the answer to that question, but I have my suspicions.
Remarkable that I even have to answer this but every recruit counts. Even if it Is ONE kid. He may be the next great player. You just never know. It is an inexact “science”.

To build on that, I could care less whether it is the Beaver Valley area or the Sinnemahoning Valley, you just shouldn’t burn bridges. I just happen to work in the Beaver Valley area and with BV people. That is where this particular recruit happens to be from.

Remarkable that I even have to answer this but every recruit counts. Even if it Is ONE kid. He may be the next great player. You just never know. It is an inexact “science”.

To build on that, I could care less whether it is the Beaver Valley area or the Sinnemahoning Valley, you just shouldn’t burn bridges. I just happen to work in the Beaver Valley area and with BV people. That is where this particular recruit happens to be from.

You watch, when Pat leaves one day , these same people will say this was one reason he did not succeed here. Turn on a dime

Reactions: CCHS82

Dude you are so full of yourself. Remarkable indeed. I'll hit ignore and spare you the trouble of having to explain your mastery of an inexact science.

Again how did he burn a bridge

He said we will recruit the area hard. But we want kids who want to play for Pitt If they don’t want to be here they would not have made a difference anyway because their hearts are not in it That is a factual statement that goes beyond football

He recruited the kid hard. He’s recruited the quips hard. He got one quip this year and the other kid clearly never wanted to play for Pitt. Life goes on

Pitt can be very good without the wpial kids (see Wvu). But it will never be good if it relies only on the wpial

If Duzz can win this year and next and build the program. More kids will come. What’s hurting Pitt is the clown show that occurred under smiley and 30 years of indifference towards the program by the admin. Add that on top of the fact that Pitt is not your ideal college setting and it’s fan base is not as supportive as other schools.

It’s going to take time and patience to rebuild the program. There is no magic coach who can be hired who will suddenly get all the top local recruits and four stars. But hey let’s repeat history and fire the coach

Again how did he burn a bridge

He said we will recruit the area hard. But we want kids who want to play for Pitt If they don’t want to be here they would not have made a difference anyway because their hearts are not in it That is a factual statement that goes beyond football

He recruited the kid hard. He’s recruited the quips hard. He got one quip this year and the other kid clearly never wanted to play for Pitt. Life goes on

Pitt can be very good without the wpial kids (see Wvu). But it will never be good if it relies only on the wpial

If Duzz can win this year and next and build the program. More kids will come. What’s hurting Pitt is the clown show that occurred under smiley and 30 years of indifference towards the program by the admin. Add that on top of the fact that Pitt is not your ideal college setting and it’s fan base is not as supportive as other schools.

It’s going to take time and patience to rebuild the program. There is no magic coach who can be hired who will suddenly get all the top local recruits and four stars. But hey let’s repeat history and fire the coach
Because some underemployed bar patron in Beaver Falls said so.
Don't argue with fools. Just let them go.

Exactly

And if people want to intentionally misinterpret that it’s on them.... not Narduzzi
Here is the last part of his presser

If you don’t want to stay home and go to Pitt, don’t stay home and go to Pitt. Go where you want to go.
“wouldn’t win with you anyway”…
Get a clue Narduzzi and EJ. I don't disagree that everyone loves PN's fire, however you just don't say that kind of s... at a presser. Take the damn high-road, as often as he says and then he goes "low," Let's win some games and get to a bigger bowls before everyone who agrees with Narduzzi on this aspect should rally about his comment. Just for the record, I don't dislike Narduzzi, I just don't think it's a great look for a program that is trying to get to the next level. For crying out loud, we are ranked 50th (tied with Vanderbilt, Rutgers and Northwestern) with this recruiting class. This is after getting to the ACC Championship game. WPIAL recruits or not!

If you don’t want to stay home and go to Pitt, don’t stay home and go to Pitt. Go where you want to go.
Get a clue Narduzzi and EJ. I don't disagree that everyone loves PN's fire, however you just don't say that kind of s... at a presser. Take the damn high-road, as often as he says and then he goes "low," Let's win some games and get to a bigger bowls before everyone who agrees with Narduzzi on this aspect should rally about his comment. Just for the record, I don't dislike Narduzzi, I just don't think it's a great look for a program that is trying to get to the next level. For crying out loud, we are ranked 50th (tied with Vanderbilt, Rutgers and Northwestern) with this recruiting class. This is after getting to the ACC Championship game. WPIAL recruits or not!
So you're saying taking the 'High Road' up to that point (specifically, that awful, dreadful point in the presser, that the whole nation is buzzing in disgust about...not) ... got us into 50th place.

That isn't much of an endorsement for the 'High Road', do you think?

You are correct. Love his fire alot, and I have it deep inside of me on my job, but I know when to keep it to myself as to not hurt my future sales. Duzz is a goof at times and hurts the bottom line.

This Devonshire kid will be playing his last 3 or 4 years of football at UK, and then he'll need to begin a career outside of football. He better get a good education and be able to make some money when he graduates, or he'll be another casualty of the college football recruiting cesspool.

Reactions: CoastalChamps
This Devonshire kid will be playing his last 3 or 4 years of football at UK, and then he'll need to begin a career outside of football. He better get a good education and be able to make some money when he graduates, or he'll be another casualty of the college football recruiting cesspool.
If he doesn't cut it within a year or two, Kentucky, like most programs, will strongarm him to transfer. These are the big leagues, especially SEC teams.

Pitt does not seem nearly as aggressive in that front. Guys who transfer definitely seem that it's mostly their own idea (DiNucci, Pugh etc).

Another seeming contradiction with locals. That kind of ruthlessness seems ok if it is the practice of outside schools. Pitt would be crucified.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT