ADVERTISEMENT

Im just iching for the ACC odds this year

steel_curtain

All Conference
Nov 9, 2014
-Everyone thinks Pitt sucks, Pitt is junk, Pitt is a toilet 0-18 because Luther and 3 rejects left / graduated and Stallings was the worst Coach in D1 that didnt try

-Just itching what Pitt odds are because I want heavy action in my favor to open the season.

I like Capel

I like the freshmen

I like the transfers

I like everyone that thinks we are 0-18 garbage material that cant come within 20 of anyone..

Heavy bet coming on this

Trey Mcgowens is for real. That is all

-You will find out.....

I only ask because no book in the world takes college basketball season win totals, and to my knowledge none take bets on to win the conference in the regular season.

Any ACC bets you want to make on Pitt will have to wait until the conference tournament in March.

Reactions: Jpripper88
-Everyone thinks Pitt sucks, Pitt is junk, Pitt is a toilet 0-18 because Luther and 3 rejects left / graduated and Stallings was the worst Coach in D1 that didnt try

-Just itching what Pitt odds are because I want heavy action in my favor to open the season.

I like Capel

I like the freshmen

I like the transfers

I like everyone that thinks we are 0-18 garbage material that cant come within 20 of anyone..

Heavy bet coming on this

Agreed. I'm expecting a big year from Kithcart in particular.

I only ask because no book in the world takes college basketball season win totals, and to my knowledge none take bets on to win the conference in the regular season.

Any ACC bets you want to make on Pitt will have to wait until the conference tournament in March.

You're thinking too small. He's got Pitt as the favorite to win the national championship.

Reactions: TheKellyTaylor

I like Capel

I like the freshmen

I like the transfers

Heavy bet coming on this

As I said before, I really appreciate your attitude and enthusiasm,

Please also let me add that I like Capel, the freshmen and the transfers, too.

But for your sake, please don't bet very much.

Thanks Steel. You’ve just given this Pitt team the kiss of death. Remember when you said they’d finish top 3 Stallings’ first season?

Please shut up.

I like Capel

I like the freshmen

I like the transfers

Heavy bet coming on this

I thought they could have won 3-5 more games last season. Looking at the team now, I see anywhere between 7-9 conference wins! Some of those wins will come from players and some will come from coaching! Jeff Capel: we have to be a very good rebounding team, because we're small and we're gonna win being small!

I thought they could have won 3-5 more games last season. Looking at the team now, I see anywhere between 7-9 conference wins! Some of those wins will come from players and some will come from coaching! Jeff Capel: we have to be a very good rebounding team, because we're small and we're gonna win being small!
Are you saying that going into the season you thought we could have won 3-5 more games, or looking back on the season, we should have won 3-5 more games?

I suppose you can maybe point to five games that could have been winnable -- Montana, OK State, NC State, maybe Cuse at home, and then ND in the ACC tournament. Of those five, I say that only the NC game was one that we should have won -- before we had a total meltdown to lose it. In the other four games, we battled back from deficits to get within a shot or two.

But if one is to count any if those five as "could have wons," then just as easily the games with UC Santa Barbara, High Point, Towson and Delaware St could be counted as could have lost -- keeping in mind that Delaware St was the second worst team in all of Div I Hoops.

Nostalgia is often kind to our memories, but unfortunately, there's no mistaking how bad our team was last year.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer to my fellow Pitt Hoops fans. It's just that unreasonable expectations almost always leads to severe disappointment it's fan base. Sometimes it's worse than disappointment -- such as anger, and then finally apathy to the point of no longer being fans -- which is somewhat where we are now.

There aren't many of us Pitt Hoop fans left. I would certainly know because I went to all but one of the games last year. I was even one of the 800 or so at the final home game with Wake Forest.

This year should be a little better. But there's is absolutely no way at all that it will be 7-9 ACC conference wins better unless 6 or 7 ACC teams decide to cancel basketball in the next two months and forfiet their games.

It was tough watching last year because it wasn't just that we were historically bad, it was that I didn't see guys like Carr or Parker (or even Terrell or Shamiel) as guys who would ever turn a program around. Knowing that next to nothing was coming in with the recruiting class Stalling had coming for 2018 made it worse.

What Capel did getting guys like McGowens and Toney was pretty incredible and it's possible that one or both could end of being higher end ACC players.

But I'm most hopeful that HCJC can secure one or two higher end recruits for the 2019 class that will make watching a season with 2-3 ACC wins max a little more bearable.

I like Capel

I like the freshmen

I like the transfers

Heavy bet coming on this

If Capel goes 4-14, they should erect a statue for him.

This is an 0-19 team that lost its 3 best players. I would be happy if we won 2 ACC games.

Are you saying that going into the season you thought we could have won 3-5 more games, or looking back on the season, we should have won 3-5 more games?

I suppose you can maybe point to five games that could have been winnable -- Montana, OK State, NC State, maybe Cuse at home, and then ND in the ACC tournament. Of those five, I say that only the NC game was one that we should have won -- before we had a total meltdown to lose it. In the other four games, we battled back from deficits to get within a shot or two.

But if one is to count any if those five as "could have wons," then just as easily the games with UC Santa Barbara, High Point, Towson and Delaware St could be counted as could have lost -- keeping in mind that Delaware St was the second worst team in all of Div I Hoops.

Nostalgia is often kind to our memories, but unfortunately, there's no mistaking how bad that team was last year.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer to my fellow Pitt Hoops fans. It's just that unreasonable expectations almost always lead to disappointment, if not worse among it fan base. Sometimes it's worse than disappointment -- such as anger and then finally apathy to the point of no longer being fans -- which is where we are now.

There aren't many of us Pitt Hoop fans left. I would certainly know because I went to all but one of the games last year. I was even one of the 800 or so at the final home game with Wake Forest.

This year should be a little better. But there's is absolutely no way at all that it will be 7-9 ACC conference wins better unless 6 or 7 ACC teams decide to cancel basketball in the next two months and forfiet their games.

It was tough watching last year because it wasn't just that we were historically bad, it was that I didn't see guys like Carr or Parker (or even Terrell or Shamiel) as guys who would ever turn a program around. Knowing that next to nothing was coming in with the recruiting class Stalling had coming for 2018 made it worse.

What Capel did getting guys like McGowens and Toney was pretty incredible and it's possible that one or both could end of being higher end ACC players.

But I'm most hopeful that HCJC can secure one or two higher end recruits for the 2019 class that will make watching a season with 2-3 ACC wins max a little more bearable.

Opinion on this?

"Shamiel Stevenson could be a matchup nightmare in 2019"

https://accsports.com/acc-news/better-know-player-shamiel-stevenson-pitt/

I'm not sure what one would think article would prove. But I sure hope we see a great leap forward for Shamiel.

IMO all he has to do is play under control. I gotta believe that Capel will work with
Shamiel and cut down on his forced drives to the hoop. I feel he has to learn the
difference between an aggressive move to the hoop when it's there, as opposed to trying to bull his way when it's not there. At 6'6" you can't get away with this
against ACC Bigs.
Contrast the above with how Blair (at roughly the same height) used his body to
his advantage compared to Shamiel's "bull in a china shop" approach. Blair was an
absolute terror inside, but not out of control. Shamiel has to learn this...better yet
Capel has to teach him the difference.

Yeah, but he doesn't know any of that.

Pitt's conference schedule is something of an impediment this year. The really weaker opponents (GT & Wake) will be away games, and Pitt only plays each once.. The home & away contests are brutal. The rest of the home schedule isn't all that friendly, either. Notre Dame is probably the best shot at a home win. Pitt could be an improved team without a better conference record.

Pitt's conference schedule is something of an impediment this year. The really weaker opponents (GT & Wake) will be away games, and Pitt only plays each once.. The home & away contests are brutal. The rest of the home schedule isn't all that friendly, either. Notre Dame is probably the best shot at a home win. Pitt could be an improved team without a better conference record.

-There are going to be a lot of weaker teams in the ACC. A lot of teams lost 3 or 4 starters. Over 10 players from the ACC are headed to the NBA. And the recruiting overall in the ACC for 2018 was lousy from a historic standpoint

-Pitt will be, not could be, but will be improved at all 5 positions on the floor. Its the only Acc team I can say that about. I dont know why people keep bringing up Ryan Luther, who didnt play 1 second in the ACC last year.

-The likelihood Pitt goes winless in conference again is around 1%. We will be a lot more competitive this year then last year

It's going to take more than one recruiting class to return Pitt to a competitive ACC team , but I expect hugh improvements from last yrs disastrous season. The new additions plus Ellison will help , but the improvement of the returning players will also play a large roll in Pitts success . If Brown ,Peace , Stevenson and Davis play improves greatly under JC Pitt just might surprise a few people . They weren't ready to see the amount of court time they got last yr , but they got invaluable experience that most freshman don't . Let's be optimistic , but realistic this yr .

Reactions: Chescat
ADVERTISEMENT