ADVERTISEMENT

Imagine if Parker Stewart had an off night last night...

pantherx

Scholarship
Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
We would have scored in the 20's! That is truly pathetic. Syracuse isnt even close to a good team. Stallings is supposed to be this offensive mind? Did a heck of a job last night let me tell you.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
We would have scored in the 20's! That is truly pathetic. Syracuse isnt even close to a good team. Stallings is supposed to be this offensive mind? Did a heck of a job last night let me tell you.

Well- whether it’s Parker or JWF or Carr or whomever- our offense is entirely reliant on shooting long jump shots . Just not going to win many games that way. Basically if we catch lightning and hit 15 + 3s we have a chance. This was kind of the case vs Va Tech — and even that wasn’t enough in a game Va Tech was ice cold. As is my take in every post — we have such limited impact from our post players right now it’s just really hard to overcome.

The most frustrating aspect of the entire season, to me, has been the turnovers. This basketball team, as currently constructed, has absolutely no room for error during ACC play. I can accept all growing pains with freshmen and first year Division 1 players, but unforced turnovers drive me insane. I don't expect them to go out a never turn the ball over, that's not feasible. I just wish their weren't so many empty possessions.

Well- whether it’s Parker or JWF or Carr or whomever- our offense is entirely reliant on shooting long jump shots . Just not going to win many games that way. Basically if we catch lightning and hit 15 + 3s we have a chance. This was kind of the case vs Va Tech — and even that wasn’t enough in a game Va Tech was ice cold. As is my take in every post — we have such limited impact from our post players right now it’s just really hard to overcome.
Very True - The problem is every team we play has returning players Battle and Howard - Lammers, Okogie and Jackson, etc. Not only do they have returning players most have players that saw spot duty last season and now are more ready. Not only all of that, but most ACC teams have better freshmen than our freshman. Almost impossible to win in this situation.

Bite the bullet, gain experience, maturity and strength, add talent and develop. What other choice is available?

Last edited:
Very True - The problem is every team we play has returning players Battle and Howard - Lammers, Okogie and Jackson, etc. Not only do they have returning players most have players that saw spot duty last season and now are more ready. Not on all of that, but most ACC teams have better freshmen than our freshman. Almost impossible to win in this situation.

Bite the bullet, gain experience, maturity and strength, add talent and develop. What other choice is available?
It's the adding talent part that most concerns me. I have no doubt some the guys today will develop and hopefully be ACC starter quality. Some of them. I thought the 2018 recruiting class would be make or break for the KS era. He needs still needs a big piece to make that class good.

Reactions: FireballZ

This is what I had said in an earlier post. If we hope to win any game this year at all, we'll have to have more than just Stewart shooting a lot of 3's and making most of them. We can't play defense, we can't rebound, we turn the ball over more than anyone and we have no post presence. And our opponent will have to have one of their worst games this year or any year.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
I suspect we would have lost.

To win games, Stewart must be on & also JWF. Stevenson must contribute as well & the offense can't turn over the ball as much I saw it happen @ the Cuse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT