ADVERTISEMENT

Immediacy Bias Again Raises its Ugly Head

DC_Area_Panther

Head Coach
Jul 7, 2001
Once again a segment of our fan base determines all that needs to be known about our season's fate based on a early season sample. Usually this is done based on a single full game. This time it is done on a single half only! Wow!!

Reactions: ThePanthers
We have a giant talent issue , doesn't take many games to see it this year

Talent level where we would want it? No one disagrees. But, you are way over the top with this continual rant, IMO.

We currently have enough raw talent to be competitive with most opponents but not to win the National Championship. The first part of this season will be a particular challenge mainly due to so many game-inexperienced players needing to gain experience and the team will be taking extra lumps in the process.

Last edited:
When we repeatedly sign 2 and 3 stars , I don't sit here and act like our staff is the only ones who found these diamonds, it's alarming to me when we sign so many., sorry!

You have no idea what you're talking about. Take a step back and look at the roster. Please point out which players are two star players? O'Neil? Yes he is. Weah? Yes he is. Who else? Do some research before you answer... You are looking foolish..

Pitt is 6-8 win program, and is going to land 3 stars the large majority of the time. It is what it is.

The star thing is an issue and always will be if we continue to play a P5 schedule and prioritize football where it is today and hire the people we hire to run the athletic program.

A large problem over the years regardless of the HC is the "suspension"bug especially this year.

If the football culture at PITT wasn't such a "joke" the players might take their roles as football players more seriously! And don't use MSU as an example that was a one off event for them.

PITT decided to suspend the " druggies/bad actors " for three games?
If we get blown out by the Nitters and OSU's I would reconsider the suspension and make them season long suspensions to set an example for present players and recruits.

These guys let down themselves, their families, their teammates, coaching staff, PITT, PITT Football, PITT fans, PITT donors/boosters, etc.
This action might cost Whitehead an NFL career or atleast some money which should send a message to others.

In my eyes they're a pack of losers!

Last edited:
Once again a segment of our fan base determines all that needs to be known about our season's fate based on a early season sample. Usually this is done based on a single full game. This time it is done on a single half only! Wow!!

Wanny lost for 3 years before we started winning 9 games and nearly reaching BCS Bowls. Remember Clemson?

If PITT wanted to be a player in big boy football, it could be, if you believe other wise and allow those cop out excuses for the Pitt brass, you are part of the problem.

Pitt really could be much more than it is now!

If PITT wanted to be a player in big boy football, it could be, if you believe other wise and allow those cop out excuses for the Pitt brass, you are part of the problem.

Pitt really could be much more than it is now!
Resist !!! Break out the bandanas and take to the streets or take a knee for the anthem. Do something! Whining on message boards does little to change things.

The star thing is an issue and always will be if we continue to play a P5 schedule and prioritize football where it is today and hire the people we hire to run the athletic program.

A large problem over the years regardless of the HC is the "suspension"bug especially this year.

If the football culture at PITT wasn't such a "joke" the players might take their roles as football players more seriously! And don't use MSU as an example that was a one off event for them.

PITT decided to suspend the " druggies/bad actors " for three games?
If we get blown out by the Nitters and OSU's I would reconsider the suspension and make them season long suspensions to set an example for present players and recruits.

These guys let down themselves, their families, their teammates, coaching staff, PITT, PITT Football, PITT fans, PITT donors/boosters, etc.
This action might cost Whitehead an NFL career or atleast some money which should send a message to others.

In my eyes they're a pack of losers!
3 games fits well with Pitt's half-tailed approach that never, ever works. Great, suspend em just long enough to basically ruin the season by mostly ensuring a horrendous first month ... but these selfish guys end up still getting to play anyway. So, terrible outcome for the team, yet no lesson learned for the offending players .... brilliant as always.

And this doesn't impact Whitehead one iota as far as attraction to the NFL. They'd actually prefer he have less wear and tear, they know what his capabilities are. So they won't mind a bit that he was suspended.

Resist !!! Break out the bandanas and take to the streets or take a knee for the anthem. Do something! Whining on message boards does little to change things.

I wasn't raised in mom's basement as a little punk. I was raised to work hard, paper outs at 13, respectful towards authority and thought for myself.

ADVERTISEMENT