ADVERTISEMENT

In the history of Pitting this may be the worst

pittbb80

Chancellor
Oct 9, 2004
Slovis is hot garbage as well as Cignetti

The Ol isn’t much better

and while the D played good enough to win. They wilted when they needed to step up. But hey let’s dance and celebrate while a garbage Georgia tech bitch slaps you

this team was reading their press clippings and that’s in duzz

It’s bad. Never got a sense Pitt’s players were in this game. They literally played like they thought just showing up was all they needed to do to win.
Nailed it. Too much show boating on D while the worst team in the ACC is bitch slapping you.

I’d like to think this will be a wake up call but I’m afraid Slovis is not very good combined with Cigs being awful. How do you not throw to Bart more or throw downfield more than they did until the end ?

and despite all the hype the Dl and OL have been mediocre at best

Your giving the ol to much credit by saying they've been mediocre the dl I agree and the linebackers other than Dennis are bad

Reactions: 303vND
This isn't the worst loss, but it definitely is a horrible and embarrassing loss. They needed it though. This Pitt team is cocky asf which is a reflection of their leadership. Everything they have accomplished was last year. Team 2021 was great. Team 2022 is a bunch of cocky, arrogant, over hyped ball players...as a whole.

Now, on the surface, they have been humbled. By a trash opponent in an even more trash conference. Where getting to the title game is a freaking lay-up...like a wide open lay up.

They better get their sh#t together. Like ASAP

This is what you get when you don't respect your opponent. And this team isn't nearly good enough to get away with that.

Cigs must have listened to his critics on this site, because it was utterly ridiculous to open the game trying to be cute and doing anything other than trying to run the ball down their throat.

Tech continued to gain confidence and momentum. In the second half, they were more physical, and just flat out wanted it more.

It will be interesting to see how they respond next week.

Very discouraging. Could be years before there is a little number next to Pitt’s name on the scroll. Pitt could be returning to the “chase for bowl eligibility” going forward.

But I wanted to set myself on fire after the WMU game last year. I have to remember that.

As naïve as it may be, with Kenny, Addison, and Whip gone…there is a lot of football left.

Beat VT

Five million dollars for a buffoon who was outcoached by a gibrone who had the job for 48 hours. We know this guy will never ever win another game, and GT ain’t going to win another game this season…and probably only one next season (guess over whom … the team with the five million dollar veteran coach and his 2 million dollar 1950s OC).

Those facts definitely qualify for why this could be legitimately one of the worse losses ever, but this sad program has had such horrible leadership that there are literally dozens and dozens of terrible losses that could qualify. There’s at least one every season, after all.

Lack of discipline and preparation are attributes of a Narduzzi team. The best thing Narduzzi has going for him is the ACC which is a very weak conference. He's a high school gym coach masquerading as a college coach.

• Haha
Reactions: TD_6082
Where are the three other wins? Seriously.
The entire state of Virginia is awful this year in UVA and V-Tech. Their offenses are bottom tier garbage at 18 ppg. Tony Elliott wrecked the Clemson offense last year but got promoted for being in the right demographic, unfortunately for them. We should be favored in both of those games by at least 6.5.

Duke, UNC, and Cuse to a lesser extent will probably outpace us. That leaves Louisville and Miami and I think it's a coin flip with either of those. Malik Cunningham could go off but I think we can win at least one.

This is all assuming Pitt actually shows up for these games and doesn't collectively pop an ambien before the game like they did last night.

Reactions: ThePanthers
And the defense chips in by quitting at the end.

Total team effort from the coaches to the players.
So glad I took the wife to see Bros instead of watching the game...Much more manly effort displayed in the film than what seems to have occurred at Acrisure by the Panthers..

Very discouraging. Could be years before there is a little number next to Pitt’s name on the scroll. Pitt could be returning to the “chase for bowl eligibility” going forward.

But I wanted to set myself on fire after the WMU game last year. I have to remember that.

As naïve as it may be, with Kenny, Addison, and Whip gone…there is a lot of football left.

Beat VT
Not football related, but I literally spit coffee reading your name @ProvoSpain . LOL, hey, where is Peter Lemonjello?

The entire state of Virginia is awful this year in UVA and V-Tech. Their offenses are bottom tier garbage at 18 ppg. Tony Elliott wrecked the Clemson offense last year but got promoted for being in the right demographic, unfortunately for them. We should be favored in both of those games by at least 6.5.

Duke, UNC, and Cuse to a lesser extent will probably outpace us. That leaves Louisville and Miami and I think it's a coin flip with either of those. Malik Cunningham could go off but I think we can win at least one.

This is all assuming Pitt actually shows up for these games and doesn't collectively pop an ambien before the game like they did last night.
The last sentence is the reason to doubt it

This isn't the worst loss, but it definitely is a horrible and embarrassing loss.

It might not be the worst loss, but it's on the short list.

I've been a season ticket holder as a student and as a "regular" season ticket holder since 1982. Here's the list (home games only):

2022 Georgia Tech
2021 Western Michigan
2012 Youngstown State
2008 Bowling Green
2001 USF

Now to be fair, there were a lot of losses in the 90s that really sucked, but we as a team sucked then. I mean there is no one that should have been surprised that, for instance, Ohio State bitch slapped us in 1995. In that game we were the ones playing the role that Georgia Tech played last night.

It might not be the worst loss, but it's on the short list.

I've been a season ticket holder as a student and as a "regular" season ticket holder since 1982. Here's the list (home games only):

2022 Georgia Tech
2021 Western Michigan
2012 Youngstown State
2008 Bowling Green
2001 USF

Now to be fair, there were a lot of losses in the 90s that really sucked, but we as a team sucked then. I mean there is no one that should have been surprised that, for instance, Ohio State bitch slapped us in 1995. In that game we were the ones playing the role that Georgia Tech played last night.
Somebody forgot to tell Georgia Tech their role.

Somebody forgot to tell Georgia Tech their role.

They are what they are. They stink. The fact that we played down to their level, and even below that level, was the problem last night.

That game was far more about us than it was about them.

This isn't the worst loss, but it definitely is a horrible and embarrassing loss. They needed it though. This Pitt team is cocky asf which is a reflection of their leadership. Everything they have accomplished was last year. Team 2021 was great. Team 2022 is a bunch of cocky, arrogant, over hyped ball players...as a whole.

Now, on the surface, they have been humbled. By a trash opponent in an even more trash conference. Where getting to the title game is a freaking lay-up...like a wide open lay up.

They better get their sh#t together. Like ASAP
Spot on.Last time we had a team lkie last years was Jackie"s 1980 team.It had leadership poise and toughness. Pickett had that last year and willed this team to its best record in 40 years. The pretty boy from So Calis3 not the answer

ADVERTISEMENT