ADVERTISEMENT

Including bowl games, what Pitt road trips have you made?

cbpitt2

Freshman
Sep 12, 2011
For me, Notre Dame, Penn State and West Virginia multiple times at each. I need to expand on that.

For me, Notre Dame, Penn State and West Virginia multiple times at each. I need to expand on that.
Notre Dame, Penn State, Navy, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Texas AM, Miami, Navy, Army, West Virginia, Ohio U, Ohio State, Akron, Temple. Bowl games Insight, Fiesta, Gator, Liberty, Sugar

Last edited:
Reactions: wendel1
In no order:

ACC
Syracuse, UVA, NC State, Clemson, GT, Louisville, ND (I know not ACC, but stuck it here)

BIG
PSU, Iowa, Michigan State

Big XII
WVU

G5
USF, Ohio U, Akron, Navy, Temple

Bowl
Insight Bowl (X2), Tangerine Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Tire Bowl

Notre Dame, Penn State, Navy, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Texas AM, Miami, Navy, Army, West Virginia, Ohio U, Ohio State, Akron

VTech, BC, PSU, Syracuse, all multiple times. Was at the 97 and 00 bowl games and the Pinstripe Bowl as well.

I go back a long ways--Syracuse, Navy (many times), Army (many times), Army at old Giants Stadium, Rutgers, Rutgers at old Giants Stadium, WVU (once only), Temple (many times), Maryland, UNC (several times), Duke, Tennessee, South Carolina, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Florida State, Tulane, USF, Miami, Texas, BYU
Bowls--Bluebonnet, Insight, Insight.com, Fiesta, Sun (twice)

Reactions: NCBlueWonderz
I go back a long ways--Syracuse, Navy (many times), Army (many times), Rutgers, WVU (once only), Temple (many times), Maryland, UNC (several times) South Carolina, Duke, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Florida State, Tulane, USF, Miami, Texas, BYU--maybe I'm forgetting some?
Bowls--Insight, Insight.com, Fiesta, Sun (twice)

The easiest way not to forget any is to just go to them all...which is what I have done for 30+ years now and counting. Pitt football road trips are the best. Hope to see some of you on the road this season. Hail to Pitt!

Wish I had the road record of some of yinz... Bluebonnet Bowl (Houston) in 87 was fun, even though we lost. I did not care for the fans of NC State in my two trips to Raleigh. Navy was probably the most impressive venue I've seen. Saw Pitt beat Rutgers twice at old Giants Stadium; in '87 they let us in early enough to catch the end of NY Giants practice. Got to see Bill Parcells and Lawrence Taylor, et al.

Reactions: NCBlueWonderz
Bluebonnet Bowl, Sun Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Military Bowl, NC State, Notre Dame, Buffalo, Bowling Green, Akron, Temple, Navy, WVU, PSU, and the Emerald Isle Classic against Rutgers in Dublin Ireland back in December of 1989.

Two Georgia Tech Games
Clemson last year
Purdue in the 80's
WVU in 1975. Old Stadium LOL

Away Games: ND x3, WVU x2, Louisville, Uconn, Buffalo, Rutgers, Cinci, Syracuse, NC State, Clemson, Vtech

Bowl Games: Sun Bowl, Car Care Bowl, Birmingham x3, Pizza Bowl (Detroit), Military Bowl

Clemson last year was by far the best overall away trip, and even though the sun bowl was a terrible game it was probably the best trip for a bowl I took. Cinci in 2008 was the worst trip, and the worst fans I've ever encountered, and the second Birmingham bowl was awful all around.

Only the Military Bowl and Pinstripe Bowl. Hope to expand that list eventually. Very impressed with some of the road trips in this thread.

Too many to list but...anyone else on here attend the game at Oklahoma in 1990?

I was there to witness that slaughter. 55-10 or something....iirc.

Too many to list but...anyone else on here attend the game at Oklahoma in 1990?

I was there to witness that slaughter. 55-10 or something....iirc.

I was at the OK game. Besides being stomped, it was also one of the hottest games I have attended as well. You could actually see the dust coming off the field as their backfield ran over, through and around the Panthers. Hail to Pitt!

I was at the OK game. Besides being stomped, it was also one of the hottest games I have attended as well.
The hottest game I ever attended had to be the game vs Texas in Austin, but a UNC game in the late 70s might have rivaled that. The coldest was a game at Army with the wind whipping off the river through the stadium. I remember some VERY weak hot chocolate I had there that tasted like hot water poured through a Hershey bar wrapper.

Fun fact: I haven't been to a Panthers road game until I moved out to Kansas City.

Since then, I've been to Iowa (2015) and Oklahoma State (2016). Planning on going to Notre Dame and UCF in 2018 and Marshall in 2020.

I'm impressed by the responses. We need more fans like this. People find reasons/excuses not to go to home games instead of looking for reasons to go and it's even easier to find reasons not to make a road trip but you found a reason or reasons to go. I applaud your passion.

Last edited:
Reactions: HailToPitt725
I was at the OK game. Besides being stomped, it was also one of the hottest games I have attended as well. You could actually see the dust coming off the field as their backfield ran over, through and around the Panthers. Hail to Pitt!
Yes - Dewell Brewer ran all over us.
The heat in that game?

Were you at the UNC game this past year in Chapel Hill?

No comparison.

Yes - Dewell Brewer ran all over us.
The heat in that game?

Were you at the UNC game this past year in Chapel Hill?

No comparison.

Yes, I was there. Was certainly hot on our side of the field. My memory was/is that OK was hotter. The game in Austin versus Texas was hot, but I think the hottest game was a few years back when the Panthers visited Texas A&M. There have been a couple hot ones in the state of Florida as well over the years. Hail to Pitt!

Bowl games: Pinstripe, Military and Fiesta (2005)

Ohio State, Notre Dame, Penn State, and WVU (multiple, each)
Temple
Boston College
North Carolina
Virginia Tech
Virginia
Nebraska
Michigan State
Bowling Green
Akron
Ohio U
Toledo
Navy

Ville- 4 times
Duke
Cuse
USF
Wvu
Psu- 3 times
Akron
UVA- 2 times
Temple
Navy
ND
Clemson
BC
UConn
Cincy
Fiesta Bowl

PSU, WVU, ND all multiple times. Syracuse, BC, UNC, VaTech, Tennessee, Akron, Iowa, Buffalo, Navy.

Bowl games: Pinstripe, Military and Fiesta (2005)

Ohio State, Notre Dame, Penn State, and WVU (multiple, each)
Temple
Boston College
North Carolina
Virginia Tech
Virginia
Nebraska
Michigan State
Bowling Green
Akron
Ohio U
Toledo
Navy

Hey Joe Scaz, I saw you yesterday. You were making a left turn to a cigar store in Blawnox. I was the guy behind you thinking "who is this idiot trying to make a left turn at lunch time?"

Bowl Games: Insight (2), Fiesta, Tire/Care Care (2) & all the Birmingham Bowls

Multiple times: PSU, WVU, ND, Miami, USF, Louisville, VA Tech, GA Tech

Utah, Texas A&M (best fans ever), Illinois, Nebraska, Cinci, BC, Duke, NC St, NC, Clemson, South Carolina

ChooChoo

WVU...in 1980s...Final score was 6-3 PITT

Temple at the Linc in BillyWest era

PSU...5 times, Pitt won 3 of them

Cincinnati...early in Wanny's career

Toledo...Let's not talk about that one

Pinstripe Bowl last year vs. Northwestern

South Florida...The game Darrell Strong flipped off the crowd after scoring a late meaningless TD

ADVERTISEMENT