ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting comment from HCPN....

cpc247

Redshirt
Jun 26, 2013
Paraphrasing - ACC HCPN interview

HCPN - "I talked to a kid who went into the portal, he wanted to come to Pitt and Pitt didn't want him, he went right back out of the portal".

Gotta think this had a lot to do with a defensive back from PSU? anyone know more?

H2P! I love to see this year that no one is leaving and 3 are joining. I agree culture must be good. That linebacker room has to be tough, Ford sitting tough, O line waiting their turn. Not saying it's all bad, but its not easy and they kids are staying. Credit to Narduzzi.

Would love it if was Wade and we said no thanks, after all of his disrespect :):):)

Pitt has to have one of the best cultured programs in the nation right? HCPN has been there for 5 years now, we're never the subject to any violations or scandals, we won the coastal last year, none of our players transferred. Want me to keep going?

Robinson's still the portal so that leaves one of your two guesses.

HCPN - "I talked to a kid who went into the portal, he wanted to come to Pitt and Pitt didn't want him, he went right back out of the portal".

Gotta think this had a lot to do with a defensive back from PSU? anyone know more?

H2P! I love to see this year that no one is leaving and 3 are joining. I agree culture must be good. That linebacker room has to be tough, Ford sitting tough, O line waiting their turn. Not saying it's all bad, but its not easy and they kids are staying. Credit to Narduzzi.

There has to be more context. Otherwise, it's kind of a weird thing to talk about.

I know he likes to do that. I'm interested in how it came up.
The question posed to him was in regards to the Transfer Portal.

HCPN thinks that less than 50% of the players who went into the portal came out the other side with a scholarship from another school. He then referenced a case where one player entered the portal and was interested in Pitt, but Pitt didn't want him. So the player quickly removed his name from the portal to preserve his existing scholarship. No names were mentioned by HCPN.

That's the long and the "short" of it...

Regarding Wade, I find it a little hard to believe that Narduzzi wouldn’t take full advantage of any potential opportunity to take Wade and paint it as Pitt taking a local former five star kid from under Penn State’s nose who just wasn’t developing the right way under Franklin. It seems a little off-brand for him to do anything else.

Regarding Wade, I find it a little hard to believe that Narduzzi wouldn’t take full advantage of any potential opportunity to take Wade and paint it as Pitt taking a local former five star kid from under Penn State’s nose who just wasn’t developing the right way under Franklin. It seems a little off-brand for him to do anything else.
It shows a commitment to the local guys who did commit to Pitt. In particular Paris Ford who had an ongoing rivalry with him in HS.

Good point. Must of felt he couldn't develop better than what we have....

Assuming he's talking about Wade, I'm not surprised at all... It's called burning bridges...

lamont_zps1oanibpz.png~original

HCPN said it for a reason.. dwarf from Clairton.

Would love it if was Wade and we said no thanks, after all of his disrespect :):):)

Pitt has to have one of the best cultured programs in the nation right? HCPN has been there for 5 years now, we're never the subject to any violations or scandals, we won the coastal last year, none of our players transferred. Want me to keep going?

Agree on all, just win baby.. opening against Virginia is HUGE !

HCPN said it for a reason.. dwarf from Clairton.

No doubt. Who else could it be? I'll bet you couldn't slap the smile off of Narduzzi's face when he was contacted in regards to Wade wanting to transfer to Pitt...

20170815mfpittsports05-4-1532181124.jpg

"Wade wants to come to Pitt?!?!?!?! HA HA!"

Who do you predict will win on opening night, Pitt or Virginia?

I really think Pitt can win this game. Defense will be able to keep UVA in check. UVA QB is good but a better runner than thrower and UVA doesn't have a lot of weapons. #1 wr Zacheous is gone.
the uva defense is better suited against the pass and I think we run the ball pretty well this year (I think aj is going to surprise similar to hall).
Pitt wins this game unless we throw multiple picks. Or special teams is horrible.

H2P vs a good opponent

Agree on all, just win baby.. opening against Virginia is HUGE !

Unless he thinks that Wade is just not that good. Maybe he thinks Wade is a guy without a position — too small to play safety and not fluid enough to play corner? That basically only leaves running back and we are already pretty stacked running back.

Where did you hear or read that interview? Do you have a link to it?

Thanks.

Good point. Must of felt he couldn't develop better than what we have....
You are correct, what we have in house in the defensive backfield doesn't lend itself up to taking almost anyone from the portal.

I really think Pitt can win this game. Defense will be able to keep UVA in check. UVA QB is good but a better runner than thrower and UVA doesn't have a lot of weapons. #1 wr Zacheous is gone.
the uva defense is better suited against the pass and I think we run the ball pretty well this year (I think aj is going to surprise similar to hall).
Pitt wins this game unless we throw multiple picks. Or special teams is horrible.

H2P vs a good opponent
I for one hope we come out feeling disrespected. We're the reigning Coastal Champs and we're picked to finish fourth and them 1st? Rodney Dangerfield gets more respect than us! I don't want us to win, I want us to stomp a mud hole into Virginia and put everybody on notice. The Panthers ain't playin this year.

Wade wouldn’t have started at Pitt (not better than Hamlin or Ford). So he would’ve been sitting 2nd team just like at PSU if he would’ve come here. Which I thought was his issue - not starting there. And if he switched to CB, I’m not sure he’d even make our 2-deep.

The guy was just severely overrated as a recruit.

Wade wouldn’t have started at Pitt (not better than Hamlin or Ford). So he would’ve been sitting 2nd team just like at PSU if he would’ve come here. Which I thought was his issue - not starting there. And if he switched to CB, I’m not sure he’d even make our 2-deep.

The guy was just severely overrated as a recruit.
Lamont+Wade+Michigan+v+Penn+State+Pg91_Hl0Jlel.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT