ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting evaluations on NIL deals

Duneaux Harm

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2020
Interesting website ranking the current NIL value for athletes In essence their stock market value. Based on performance plus social media impact. It was surprising to see quite a few females on the list but their deals definitely seemed to be focused on lines that tend to focus towards women.

Addison’s value has dropped but he does have a deal with United Airlines as a spokesperson for direct flights to games.

I did not notice any Pitt players on the list and only Joey Porter jr from across the state, which I am guessing comes from influence from his dad as well,

NIL Valuations

Yes, here is strictly college football NIL rankings.

This estimates a player's worth, mostly from social media follows.

As for Addison, his United Airlines deal cant be paying him much. Less than 1% of United Airlines customers ever heard of him. He just did a photoshoot in LA and its just a localized deal. You arent going to see Jordan Addison commercials. I cant imagine he got more than 20K for that.

What I do like about that site is they show you the reported NIL deals. And like 0 of them are from national companies. Its like John's Muffler Service, 2nd Avenue Grill, etc. Local deals that arent worth much. The money is made from the booster pay for play salaries. These little side deals are just pocket change for these guys.

As for Addison, his United Airlines deal cant be paying him much. Less than 1% of United Airlines customers ever heard of him. He just did a photoshoot in LA and its just a localized deal. You arent going to see Jordan Addison commercials. I cant imagine he got more than 20K for that.

What I do like about that site is they show you the reported NIL deals. And like 0 of them are from national companies. Its like John's Muffler Service, 2nd Avenue Grill, etc. Local deals that arent worth much. The money is made from the booster pay for play salaries. These little side deals are just pocket change for these guys.
This! These guys aren't getting "NIL deals". They are being paid to play.

This! These guys aren't getting "NIL deals". They are being paid to play.
Besides the pay for play, the other big money is for companies to plug their brand on their Instagram. That goes for anyone. If you have a ton of followers, companies pay you for the plug. That's why LSU gymnast Olivia Dunne is one of the highest paid college athletes. These guys are making next to nothing from Jim's Restaurant.

That Addison deal looked hilariously random… sitting in a plane with a USC jersey looking frankly unhappy….

EF7CE007-32D8-4A51-A638-7E0B9DD6AA8E-815x1024.jpeg

Interesting website ranking the current NIL value for athletes In essence their stock market value. Based on performance plus social media impact. It was surprising to see quite a few females on the list but their deals definitely seemed to be focused on lines that tend to focus towards women.

Addison’s value has dropped but he does have a deal with United Airlines as a spokesperson for direct flights to games.

I did not notice any Pitt players on the list and only Joey Porter jr from across the state, which I am guessing comes from influence from his dad as well,

NIL Valuations
Kancey was # 64

I didn't see Izzy on this list...

I'm actually surprised the ranking doesn't follow social media following. I'd speculate far more people would recognize Sunisa Lee over Jordan Addison.

I didn't see Izzy on this list...

I'm actually surprised the ranking doesn't follow social media following. I'd speculate far more people would recognize Sunisa Lee over Jordan Addison.
You do know that social media isn’t the only way people know people.

Again. Most of the football and basketball players are simply getting paid under the guise of an "NIL" There is no marketing formula involved.

Reactions: vietvet1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT