ADVERTISEMENT

IOWA could make this day a little better

Credit to McSorely. He finds a way. And Barkley probably got 25 yards on that last drive that no other player in the country could have.

Reactions: therod
Credit to McSorely. He finds a way. And Barkley probably got 25 yards on that last drive that no other player in the country could have.

Most dynamite player in the country. Seems like he's gonna score every time he touches it.

Too much time left.

I said the same thing. As a fan, I was hoping he would get tackled because I thought Iowa's best chance to win would have been on a walk-off FG there. I mean you cant ask a player in advance to fall down but when he scored, I felt Iowa lost.

According to ESPN, before the ball was snapped on that Iowa TD, they had an 89.6% chance to win (because they were approaching walk-off FG range). After the TD, it only went up to 93.1. I mean sure those are great odds but falling down at the 15 probably gives you a 98% chance to win.

PSU is winning the national title who are we kidding.

They are going to make the CFP but they won't beat Alabama or Clemson or Oklahoma.

Give Penn State credit. Iowa plays hard and is well coached but they dont have a ton of talent. PSU cant stack up to truly elite teams but the fact that there is a PROBABILITY of them going to the CFP is pretty sickening.

Reactions: panther.fan
I know you Dave. You know me.

We are good people, as are our wives. We are good parents to our kids.

What did we do to deserve this?

I blame my Father, and I'm just now realizing the consequences of indoctrinating my kids into Pitt fandom. Basically child abuse.

But hey, I've got 11 new basketball players to look forward to in a month..

Reactions: sherepower
Ohio State will beat them in Columbus, but PSU will win the rest.
Trying to put objectivity aside, PSU may win the Big10 because the conference is so bad (and in turn make the playoff), but they are not going to stand a chance against Alabama or Clemson (even an Oklahoma and a few others could knock them off). I dont think they have looked like a playoff team all season. They gutted it out today, and barely snuck by.

Barkley was freaking incredible tonight.
Unlike Capeletti, Ki-Jana, Blair Thomas and many other Penn State NFL running back flops, he is pretty fail proof. He does things that I have never seen a running back do before.

In other news, Michigan State's run appears over for certain. Getting its doors blown off at home to ND.

They are going to make the CFP but they won't beat Alabama or Clemson or Oklahoma.

Give Penn State credit. Iowa plays hard and is well coached but they dont have a ton of talent. PSU cant stack up to truly elite teams but the fact that there is a PROBABILITY of them going to the CFP is pretty sickening.

We'll see. If they get in the playoff, they'll avoid Bama till the finals. (If they run the table they won't be 4th). I think they could beat anyone else, and then who knows.

Their best shot at losing might be Paul Chryst in the finals. I think they'll win in Columbus.

I blame my Father, and I'm just now realizing the consequences of indoctrinating my kids into Pitt fandom. Basically child abuse.

But hey, I've got 11 new basketball players to look forward to in a month..

Point taken ... I can blame my Mom accordingly.

Cmon man, the only way they make the playoff is if they are clearly superior to OSU and Michigan. Those 2 are always going to get chosen over a similar Penn St team.

There's a reason why the odds to win the title are much shorter on Ohio st with a loss than an undefeated Penn St.

BillO used walk on to fill the OL when the recruits were limited to 15

So yeah they sucked.

Now the recruiting STATE is doing is kicking in -all over the damn team as well.
They have talent everywhere and it's largely- you know....

Young.

Limegrover has done a great job with them in a short time.

Reactions: paulbl99

We'll see. If they get in the playoff, they'll avoid Bama till the finals. (If they run the table they won't be 4th). I think they could beat anyone else, and then who knows.

Their best shot at losing might be Paul Chryst in the finals. I think they'll win in Columbus.

They'll be a slight favorite at OSU but OSU could definitely win that game. It may end up being meaningless though because if they lose and go 8-1, they still win East if OSU loses in Ann Arbor and another.

They'll be a slight favorite at OSU but OSU could definitely win that game. It may end up being meaningless though because if they lose and go 8-1, they still win East if OSU loses in Ann Arbor and another.
Penn st will not be a slight favorite at OSU. The line would be OSU minus 2 or 3

Reactions: daminals76
Unlike Capeletti, Ki-Jana, Blair Thomas and many other Penn State NFL running back flops, he is pretty fail proof. He does things that I have never seen a running back do before.

I hate PSU as much as anyone, and find their alums/fans to put football above the welfare of children. But Ki-Jana Carter tore his ACL on the third carry of his first preseason game. He was never anything close to the same after that. No player is "fail proof," especially when it comes to trying to come back from a torn ACL. I say that as someone who has torn an ACL and has had reconstructive knee surgery in my life.

I am not sure I've ever seen a better all-around college RB.

I am going to expose myself as an old guy here, but Barry Sanders at Oklahoma St. was like nothing I have ever seen in a college player. In 1988, he had 2,850 yards and 44 touchdowns.while playing in a major conference. He had over 300 yards rushing four times that year. He had at least four touchdowns in a game seven times that year, and never scored less than two touchdowns in a game.

His worst game of the year in 1988 was 154 yards rushing and two touchdowns.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-record-setting-1988-season-never-duplicated

http://sportsratings.typepad.com/college_football/2007/12/barry-sanders-1.html

Last edited:
PSU made the plays. Barkley getting those eight extra yards was huge and #27 can't make a play on the ball.
State College did last night things championship teams do during the season.

Still , think they'll get beat but they have a shot at the playoff 4
Bet that

"Pathetic", says the guy posting on a team who you all don't care about's message board at 5:21am EST
Not to even mention it was a nationally televised game everyone was watching. Narduzzi's first game some poster was here already yapping about something. So I looked him up on bwi, this poster was posting live updates on the pitt-ysu game on ratings giant espn3.

And well, I really don't know what to tell people if they still don't understand why so many people want psu to fail.

Not to even mention it was a nationally televised game everyone was watching. Narduzzi's first game some poster was here already yapping about something. So I looked him up on bwi, this poster was posting live updates on the pitt-ysu game on ratings giant espn3.

And well, I really don't know what to tell people if they still don't understand why so many people want psu to fail.
I browsed the Iowa Rivals board a bit before/during the game and let me just say I take some comfort in the fact we aren't the only ones that hate that program.

Reactions: Pittx9
I am going to expose myself as an old guy here, but Barry Sanders at Oklahoma St. was like nothing I have ever seen in a college player. In 1988, he had 2,850 yards and 44 touchdowns.while playing in a major conference. He had over 300 yards rushing four times that year. He had at least four touchdowns in a game seven times that year, and never scored less than two touchdowns in a game.

His worst game of the year in 1988 was 154 yards rushing and two touchdowns.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-record-setting-1988-season-never-duplicated

http://sportsratings.typepad.com/college_football/2007/12/barry-sanders-1.html
That's correct. Most talented back I've ever seen, with Bo Jackson right there too. Bo was more raw power and speed, but was just an incredible combo of both. Sanders had the best feet and was the most elusive offensive player I've ever seen, and that carried over to the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT