ADVERTISEMENT

IOWA could make this day a little better

You think he's better than Fournette? Haven't seen that from him yet.
Definitely. Barkley's feet and elusiveness, combined with speed and strength. he changes direction and accelerates incredibly for a big strong dude. He can catch downfield. Fournette is a beast but more of a one-dimensional straight ahead guy. Talent-wise it's Barkley all day, IMO.

Reactions: paulbl99
That game last night reminded me of the UNC game last year. They didn't show replays but it looked like PSU got away with some holds on the final drive. Good game, tough one for Iowa.

Reactions: freddietee511
You think he's better than Fournette? Haven't seen that from him yet.
Definitely. Barkley's feet and elusiveness, combined with speed and strength. he changes direction and accelerates incredibly for a big strong dude. He can catch downfield. Fournette is a beast but more of a one-dimensional straight ahead guy. Talent-wise it's Barkley all day, IMO.

Probably Sanders #1. But I believe Barkley has a case as the best RB since him. His combination of speed, shiftiness, strength, and balance is incredible.

Iowa played great D all game until 1:41 in the 4th qtr.
It seems teams in the situation Iowa was in seem to change up and go into the "prevent" lets keep them out of the end zone mode instead of just sticking with what got them there!
A loss would have effectively ended the Nitter season.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD_istheman
Iowa played great D all game until 1:41 in the 4th qtr.
It seems teams in the situation Iowa was in seem to change up and go into the "prevent" lets keep them out of the end zone mode instead of just sticking with what got them there!
A loss would have effectively ended the Nitter season.

Not sure how you can state this, given that PSU had nearly 600 yards total offense. Plus PSU had a huge advantage in TOP. Iowa was unfortunate to leave as much time on the clock as they did at the end.

I browsed the Iowa Rivals board a bit before/during the game and let me just say I take some comfort in the fact we aren't the only ones that hate that program.
Don't let the delusional nit wits convince you that. Only the blinded penn State faithful believe pitt fans are the only ones that hate them. They just can't accept being so badly hated after years of pretending to be the all American beloved program.

Don't let the delusional nit wits convince you that. Only the blinded penn State faithful believe pitt fans are the only ones that hate them. They just can't accept being so badly hated after years of pretending to be the all American beloved program.
Beyond the scandal, a lot of it is Franklin too. He definitely has that villainous persona as we all know, apparently the handshake after the game with Ferentz (one of the more classy coaches) was very brief and one he didn't look like he wanted any part of.

While at it on the topic of coaches, they don't seem to be real fond of PJ Fleck either.

Beyond the scandal, a lot of it is Franklin too. He definitely has that villainous persona as we all know, apparently the handshake after the game with Ferentz (one of the more classy coaches) was very brief and one he didn't look like he wanted any part of.

While at it on the topic of coaches, they don't seem to be real fond of PJ Fleck either.
I've actually been hearing a lot recently that people don't like fleck at all. Espn ran a special on him I think it was? Everyone who watched it told me they were really turned off by the guy.

Penn State though, nothing will top what happened there. That's the kind of thing that really makes you hate a program. Don't get me wrong, Franklin is a complete tool. He alone would've brought his fare share of haters. I really doubt anyone was ok with penn state though, and then Franklin really made them hate them. They just opted to embrace the hated role and hire someone to keep them on that path.

Three most hate coaches in the Big 10 are Fanklin,Myers and Harbaugh. I see a pattern here they all win and no one loves a winner.Give me any of those 3 down here at WVU because I want to win and win now.College football like professional wrestling needs heels to make the sport interesting and these guys are the hated heels.We have nots Pitt and WVU hate them but we'd take them at our schools in a heart beat.

I've actually been hearing a lot recently that people don't like fleck at all. Espn ran a special on him I think it was? Everyone who watched it told me they were really turned off by the guy.

Big ten Network. I saw one brief clip where he enters the meeting room and has the players snap to attention and they clap their hands feverishly for about 30 seconds then stop instantly when he does. he seemed to have a real influence on them. it's hard to explain

Reactions: Pittx9
ADVERTISEMENT