ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa is Good

How about a win Drew? No moral victories!!!
I'd be ecstatic with a win. I think we could realistically beat any of the teams in the ooc schedule.
West Virginia looks more doable than Iowa to me though.

I'd be ecstatic with a win. I think we could realistically beat any of the teams in the ooc schedule.
West Virginia looks more doable than Iowa to me though.
I've basically switched my outlook with regard to WVU and Iowa. Going into the season, I thought we'd have a chance at Iowa, but would get smoked by WVU. I'm kind of feeling the reverse now. As for the 2 A10 games, St. Louis hasn't looked quite as strong as I expected, so that's definitely a game that can be won, though it's not a lock by any means. I don't know how good Duquesne is. I don't want to base my opinion off of how terrible they usually are as they have definitely gotten better since they hired a real coach. They have the Williams kid, who is a real stud, and a freshman point guard who looks good too. They play at ND Tuesday. ND isn't great, so that game will give us a good idea as to whether or not the Dukes are worth worrying about. All of the other games should be wins. We might win as many as 12 games before ACC play, which would give us a real chance at a winning season, and put the NIT within reach.

Reactions: Drew1208
Yeah, they're pretty good. Iowa 91 - UCONN 72.
I watched some of it. Iowa's bigs will give us a lot of trouble. One of them,
the 6'11" guy hit a three. Their PG is the coach's kid, he's very good.
Coach McAfferey is a Philly guy.
Haven't changed my opinion:
1. Iowa
2. WVU
3. St. Louis

One more thing. Hurley got his ass tossed late in the game.... constantly
harassing the officials.
Iowa is very good. Hurley's kids played out of control throughout much of the game (much like he coaches). For Pitt to be competitive against Iowa they'll have to shoot well and play with discipline. Iowa plays a very good style with their talent. They eat up undisciplined teams.

That might have been the worst goaltending call I've ever seen.

It really was, wasn't it? I don't think any part of the ball was at rim level when the dude blocked it. It looked like a bad call live, and then they had almost a perfect replay of it that showed that it was no where close to being goaltending.

ADVERTISEMENT