ADVERTISEMENT

Is Pitt 4th best

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
In this years ACC?

Clemson, FSU, UNC - Pitt

I think UNC could easily have been the best. A couple really big late drops away.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Honestly I think we are better than Clemson by a lot.

It is fantastic to think we are one of those programs that can lose tremendous players and still be at the top of the conference. Re-loading. Sign of a stable program
You for real or is this more fan boy trolling to oppose all the negative stuff?

You for real or is this more fan boy trolling to oppose all the negative stuff?

huh? Im not a troll, I love our team. The younger players played outstanding last night, the players filling in for injuries looked promising, and us finding transfer portal guys like Slovis, Mumpfield, Simon, Wiltz, and plugging them in and having them play good football is refreshing. I have not seen too much negative, seems like most are really happy with Pitt. The ACC post game was a Pitt love fest in the studio. This post calls us in the top eschelon of the ACC, that is positive right? I took it as such

huh? Im not a troll, I love our team. The younger players played outstanding last night, the players filling in for injuries looked promising, and us finding transfer portal guys like Slovis, Mumpfield, Simon, Wiltz, and plugging them in and having them play good football is refreshing. I have not seen too much negative, seems like most are really happy with Pitt. The ACC post game was a Pitt love fest in the studio. This post calls us in the top eschelon of the ACC, that is positive right? I took it as such
Let’s see how next year goes. We lose a good bit, and this year should have been significantly better. 5-3 is really nothing to brag about at all.

If we went 10-2 this year like we should have then you could have this discussion

I don't think unc beats us right now neither they haven't played that great in November fsu I feel beats us ,Clemson and nc state are toss ups

I think we are better than NC St.
Toss up with Clemson
UNC best of the group.
Just a prediction for next year, Drake Maye has been figured
up how to defend. Will not be the same qb next year. Will have
a sophomore jinx.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Do you really think Clemson would beat us this year with their QB? We would totally shut down their run offense.

I doubt Clemson would even be favored and if they see it wouldn’t be much

The one who threw for more yards, over twice as many touchdowns, less interceptions, a significantly higher completion percentage, and had a significantly higher QBR than Slovis?

Do you really think Clemson would beat us this year with their QB? We would totally shut down their run offense.

Clemson would definitely be favored. That would be another game where Slovis would have to operate under pressure and nothing in the run game would come easy.

I'm proud Pitt kept fighting to the finish line to finish 8-4, but don't read too much in to yesterday's performance. Pitt was basically dancing on a corpse last night.

Reactions: ShipofFools
Clemson would definitely be favored. That would be another game where Slovis would have to operate under pressure and nothing in the run game would come easy.

I'm proud Pitt kept fighting to the finish line to finish 8-4, but don't read too much in to yesterday's performance. Pitt was basically dancing on a corpse last night.
Cignetti seems to have loosened the reins on Slovis.

Is it possible Slovis suffered a shoulder injury the same time as the concussion?

We wont be elite until we starting beating the teams we are s u p p o s e d to each and every week. Nards need to find the spark needed to inspire this team against lesser opponents.

Reactions: Jeffburgh

Clemson isn't Miami. Their QB play was good enough to hammer GT and Louisville. Two teams Pitt couldn't beat. They also beat Florida State, N.C. State, Syracuse and Wake Forest.

To answer your question, yes. DJU still managed to throw 22 TDs and 2500 yds, Ran for over 700 yds and 7 TDs. He threw for more than twice as many TDs as Slovis. More passing yardage and Slovis was in the minus rushing yds. As shaky as DJU could be sometimes, he outplayed our QB by a mile.

Shipley was a 1,000 yd rusher this year as well.

Is it possible Slovis suffered a shoulder injury the same time as the concussion?
I guess its possible. I have no idea if he did or didn't.

I think Slovis and his receivers are a lot more familiar with the offense and are on the same page more often than not now. Slovis and Wayne seem to have some pretty good mojo going down the stretch. It was good to see Slovis get a TD in the passing game where his receiver made some big yards after the catch. (great effort by JW combined with half-assed effort on the tackle) Pitt still desperately needs some elite talent at WR. The passing game still has to get a lot better.

I’m pretty sure you think we’d give Georgia a game.

I don't think it has anything to do with reins. I think it's simply better execution by Slovis and the WRs.

I think FSU is easily playing like the best team in the conference right now.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
How many elite programs do you think exist?

This is literally the difference between Pitt and psu. Hell, Nards punches above his weight better than Franklin, but they never lose to a team they should beat and beat the teams they are slight favorites over the great majority of the time.

We wont be elite until we starting beating the teams we are s u p p o s e d to each and every week. Nards need to find the spark needed to inspire this team against lesser opponents.

Cant Like this enough.

ADVERTISEMENT