ADVERTISEMENT

Is PSU the worst Rose Bowl team of all time?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
No wins over ranked teams
4 wins over teams with winning records (1 of those being Ohio U)

Those guys live a charmed life. Whether its getting just a wrist slap for institutional child rape or getting great bowl games for beating Rutgers and Indiana, not sure anyone has it better than a PSU player or fan. They can lie down twice a year and then get 10 wins for getting off the bus and find themselves in Pasadena. They are like the college football version of white privilege

100,000 loyal fans that annually dress up in white bed sheets for a national TV audience goes a long way for bowl officials.

8-6 is terrible but I wonder what PSU would have done vs their schedule? I dont remember that Wisky team but the B10 may have been good that year. It was God awful this year besides the 2.
It wasn't a strong schedule. They lost to 3 unranked teams. Lost to the two ranked teams they played in the regular season and did beat a ranked Nebraska team in the Big Ten Championship game. You love to talk down wins against unranked teams yet Pitt fails to do that year after year.

2007 9-4 Illinois
1999 8-4 Stanford
2012 8-6 Wisconsin

You sound jealous. Can you have a conversation without insults or is this a forum only to spew hate?

You sound jealous. Can you have a conversation without insults or is this a forum only to spew hate?
And you sound new...but they will let you talk here as opposed to the Nit site where every single one of us has been banned...btw, can you point out the "hate" you speak of? I know you youngsters love to throw that word around but never really state what the hell it actually is.

I don't want to get lynched for saying this, but the two teams they lost to are in the CFP and have a combined record of 24-1. On top of that, one of them will probably be in the championship game. Literally nobody else beat those guys, either.

I can't rag on them when all they did was beat everybody else. Now, we'll see how they do against Utah, which is a pretty darned good team.

Reactions: pittdan77

Those guys live a charmed life. Whether its getting just a wrist slap for institutional child rape or getting great bowl games for beating Rutgers and Indiana, not sure anyone has it better than a PSU player or fan. They can lie down twice a year and then get 10 wins for getting off the bus and find themselves in Pasadena. They are like the college football version of white privilege
That's an insanely stupid post and you're just trying to bait people for comments. Just stop.

The hate is calling every PSU fan a Nazi, KKK, or molester enabler. There are people at every school who are idiots, racists, and stupid. Don't lump us all into one category. I went to school the same time as Dorsett and actually rooted for Pitt over PSU. I met Sherrill the year Marino was a freshman and have never been a fan since. Some of best friends are Pitt grads. Lets keep the name calling off this discussion.

Reactions: Jgarmd33
The hate is calling every PSU fan a Nazi, KKK, or molester enabler. There are people at every school who are idiots, racists, and stupid. Don't lump us all into one category. I went to school the same time as Dorsett and actually rooted for Pitt over PSU. I met Sherrill the year Marino was a freshman and have never been a fan since. Some of best friends are Pitt grads. Lets keep the name calling off this discussion.
There is only 1 Enabler U due to your dead coach and administration covering up child rape! Mediocracy with pedophilia!

Now ….. don’t let the door hit you in the arse!

Reactions: Hail2PittPanthers
You sound jealous. Can you have a conversation without insults or is this a forum only to spew hate?... is what you just said...Please be so "kind" as to point it out in this thread as I must have missed the whole Nazi, KKK angle being applied to every PSU fan...btw, silly generalizations on fan message boards do not constitute hate..Sorry, the EnablerU moniker was earned. Deal with it. ..

funny, our friends from WVU are called much much worse in these parts and never soil their panties over it...

"100,000 loyal fans that annually dress up in white bed sheets for a national TV audience goes a long way for bowl officials."
"They are like the college football version of white privilege".

Thanks for proving my point that you can't have a normal football conversation here. I'll just go back to lurking and laughing at the board meltdown every time you lose to Georgia Tech or Youngstown.

Reactions: NJ Lion
PSU schedule was a joke. Their coach is a complete asshole who knows how to act when the camera is on him ( he did pushups on the sideline during a game to show his players he made a mistake and was punishing himself )

that being said, I think their defense is the difference in the game and they win by single digits.

"100,000 loyal fans that annually dress up in white bed sheets for a national TV audience goes a long way for bowl officials."
"They are like the college football version of white privilege".

Thanks for proving my point that you can't have a normal football conversation here. I'll just go back to lurking and laughing at the board meltdown every time you lose to Georgia Tech or Youngstown.
ya got some issues kid when you struggle with sarcasm from another fanbase....reminds me of the time I lurked on the Atheist message board and whined like a little girl when they were not being nice to my Roman Catholic brethren and having a normal religious conversation....

relax and try to go by the tried and true saying from the past..."Sticks and Stones may break your bones, but Paterno knew Sandusky was screwing little boys"...

I mean let’s be honest who did we best who was worth a shit either. Could we be the worse Sun Bowl rep of all time. Our claim to fame this year is playing Tennessee tough and beating the worse Miami team of all time

Reactions: comp_panther

I see the king of absurd suppositions is ready to take on a new year...

what bad teams did they lose to? Usually a "worst" requirement.... they are in a conference so they have to play that schedule..they scheduled Auburn not knowing they would suck..You cannot base "worst" on that criteria since their power or lack thereof is unknown...

I don't want to get lynched for saying this, but the two teams they lost to are in the CFP and have a combined record of 24-1. On top of that, one of them will probably be in the championship game. Literally nobody else beat those guys, either.

I can't rag on them when all they did was beat everybody else. Now, we'll see how they do against Utah, which is a pretty darned good team.

There would probably be 20 other teams who would have gone 10-2 vs their schedule including us. They play girls teams.

I mean let’s be honest who did we best who was worth a shit either. Could we be the worse Sun Bowl rep of all time. Our claim to fame this year is playing Tennessee tough and beating the worse Miami team of all time
UCLA beat ranked Utah and Washington this year. Next...

There would probably be 20 other teams who would have gone 10-2 vs their schedule including us. They play girls teams.
Come on, Pitt couldn't even go 10-2 playing an even weaker schedule then Penn State played this year. Pitt will have played a schedule that featured a total of 1 ranked team in the final polls.

Come on, Pitt couldn't even go 10-2 playing an even weaker schedule then Penn State played this year. Pitt will have played a schedule that featured a total of 1 ranked team in the final polls.
Penn State's schedule is inflated by Ohio State and Michigan. They should be going 10-2 with all those four and five star prospects on the team.

UCLA beat Utah by 10.

Reactions: bayardstreet
Utah is strong and physical. The Peds are soft. Today's game doesn't set up well for the peds. I expect them to lose on the scoreboard, but even if they don't, Utah is going to put a good physical beating on them.

Penn State has the most alumni living in California in the category of non PAC 12 schools. The Rise Bowl knows that getting Penn State guarantees ticket sales due to the ease of travel and travel costs.

IMHO, you are letting your ingrained hatred of PSU effect your judgment.

Sagarin's computer (based on overall season performance) has them ranked as the #7 Team nationally. I will concede that they didn't perform well vs ranked teams (0-2 vs top ten/1-2 vs top 30). Losses to Ohio State (#3) and Michigan (#5), win vs #25 Minnesota.

For comparison Pitt is Sagarin #32 (#30 recent rating) and had a similar top 10/top 30 outcome as PSU (0-1 vs top ten/1-2 vs top 30). Losses to Tennesseee (#4) and Louisville (#24); win over UCLA (# 27)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT