ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the end for Narduzzi?

Not impressed on either side of the ball, especially the defensive side. On offense in the second half the ineptitude continues. They may not win more than 4 games this season. Unacceptable.

I think 4 wins is their absolute ceiling this year. I think they've already won as many games as they're going to win this year.

This program is so bad that no coach on the planet can fix it. We will not see 30K for the rest of the season. Even Majors II for as bad is it was had a larger base to build from. I just don't think anyone cares anymore. I know I'm done after this year. Screw this. Wanny, Walt, Duz....they're all the same.

Quite the talent discrepancy don't you think. When you convince your fan base you can compete with 2-3 star athletes...

I miss Wanny for 2 things:

1) The comedic value of him on gameday. He was that bad.

2) His attitude and general enthusiasm for the university.

Guy couldn’t head coach his way out of a paper bag, but would be a solid coordinator. Too bad that ship has sailed.

Like him or not, Pitt has not been consistent or even relavent since his 9,10, and 8 win seasons. All Pitt has been good at since then is loosing large amounts of money firing coaches they should have never hired.

Reactions: odshowtime
This program is so bad that no coach on the planet can fix it. We will not see 30K for the rest of the season. Even Majors II for as bad is it was had a larger base to build from. I just don't think anyone cares anymore. I know I'm done after this year. Screw this. Wanny, Walt, Duz....they're all the same.
No they are not. Walt did a good job of resurrecting the program. Wanny was okay. Duzz has us going backwards or in neutral at best.

No they are not. Walt did a good job of resurrecting the program. Wanny was okay. Duzz has us going backwards or in neutral at best.
Program isn't anywhere close to where it was before walt took over. Thing I worry about is if PN gets more time it could fall to that point. My guess is they find a way to win 2 or 3 more games which saves PN job. Then he brings in a bad recruiting class. They will end up going 7-5 next year which saves his job and he will have a average class, then back to 6-6 or losing season in 2020. PN will then be let go but we will lose a whole recruiting class and have 2 of 3 being bad classes. Repeat with the New HC coming into a place where he struggles for a few years(see PC). PN should have never been extended. This was the year that a AD needs to see to know which way things are heading and they could have made a decision after this season. Now there is going to be a strong desire to keep him and hope things turn around because of the money invested.

they can probably get away with paying a one time or two time payment that ends up at about %70 of the total. Its going to hurt but if things fall apart(to me 4-8 or worse) then it might need to be done. Chances are they bring him back in 2019 no matter what but then recruits know he is a dead man walking. Like I said in another post is the worst thing that can happen is he goes 3-9 and they bring him back.and he goes 7-5 and gets another year after that all while not bringing in many players. That is how you get back the JM2 and Hacket levels. Hopefully he pulls a rabbit out of the hat and wins 6 or 7 and brings in a decent class. I don't want to see more change.

Yes I do. He was recruiting better each year and Pederson was and is a fool

titleman, you are off your rocker with this new handle. Better each year but misses strong Pitt connection Diffenbach & Ricketts? Not even getting to the plate with Pryor? Those kids from Gateway (although they didn't amount to much).

Wanny was a better recruiter (except for the qb position). That is the only thing I miss about Wanny. Wanny was a horrible game day coach
Which is a billion times better than what we’re seeing right now. How people are actually debating that is insanity. Narduzzi is a supposed “defensive guru” and his defenses are historically awful. And they’ve gotten worse since his players have got here.

Reactions: pittman71
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT