ADVERTISEMENT

It is the Stupid Things....

upj87

Head Coach
Nov 5, 2003
that eventually catch up with you in the long run.. WMU has a 4th and long deep in their own territory with about 1:30 left in the half...Pitt has one timeout left and lets them eat up the entire play clock before kicking...Anybody got anything in the way of logical reasoning here in regards to game management?

Reactions: CCHS82
Missed a chippie field goal and just wanted to get to the locker room and regroup is my guess.

that eventually catch up with you in the long run.. WMU has a 4th and long deep in their own territory with about 1:30 left in the half...Pitt has one timeout left and lets them eat up the entire play clock before kicking...Anybody got anything in the way of logical reasoning here in regards to game management?
We had a 3rd string which in his first game and it was not worth slinging the ball in the event of an INT.

Reactions: ThePanthers
They were not going to try and score regardless unless they got a long return. Agree I was yelling to call time out but pretty clear that even with the extra 30 seconds they were not doing anything but running the ball

Yes. The play at the end of the first half vs TN with Slovis getting hurt and the turnover made Duzz even more conservative.

that’s not how I would have played it but he is the coach.

We had a 3rd string which in his first game and it was not worth slinging the ball in the event of an INT.
I said "logical"....Who said anything about slinging? Getting the ball with about 1:20 left in the half at around midfield is what you do there ...

these responses are hilarious as you you guys go all Brave Sir Robin while playing a MAC school...

Pretty safe to assume they weren't comfortable with Yarnell's processing a hurry-up offense at this point.

*Of course they could have run the ball 3 times to hope they break something.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT