--it stirring CNN

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by mike 301, Mar 30, 2020.

1. gary2

gary2 Assistant Coach
    Expand Collapse

By anyone's definition a real question seeks information.

If you are not seeking information you do not currently possess, what you are asking is not a question.

2. pitt-girl

pitt-girl Chancellor
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Nope - us. And that's why reporters who ask these kind of questions should be removed.

Parkview57, gary2 and ONGB like this.
  3. bobfree

bobfree Assistant Coach
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You guys and gals are walking a dangerous line here.....

4. pitt-girl

pitt-girl Chancellor
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Normally I would agree. Bur we are in unprecedented territory here. I have zero patience for anything political right now. It's a waste of time.

These news conferences should not be a vehicle for political grandstanding.

gary2 likes this.
  5. bobfree

bobfree Assistant Coach
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

that cuts both ways. Democratic news stations need cut their shit, for sure. But these are supposed to be briefings. They don’t sound like that, do they?

TheSpecialSauce likes this.
  6. pitt-girl

pitt-girl Chancellor
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Not sure what you mean by that. Do you have an issue with the presenters? Or is it the fact that they are taking questions? Where would you make it more "brief"?

7. bobfree

bobfree Assistant Coach
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

it’s supposed to be a briefing for the American people on new information.

it isn’t for cnn to play “gotcha” I agree. But we don’t need to hear what a Great job “we are doing” and Mr Pillow doesn’t need to tell us Trump is the 2nd coming. The whole thing is ridiculous.

8. gary2

gary2 Assistant Coach
    Expand Collapse

He is talking about Trump making it about him, criticizing others ( governors, Obama, etc) and patting himself on the back.

A little is warranted to respond to partisan attacks, but more than a little is taking place.

Have to agree with this criticism.

9. pitt-girl

pitt-girl Chancellor
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

In the spirit of full disclosure I haven't seen more than a couple of these. I tend to read the summary so you may be right.

But I also feel like this is a no win kind of situation. You keep it brief then there is criticism that you're hiding. You share too much and it's excessive. Hard to find any nuance here.

And I have no idea about Mr. Pillow?

10. bobfree

bobfree Assistant Coach
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

One- briefing isn’t necessarily brief. Take all the time you need to convey pertinent information.

two-literally, Mr Pillow, was given time the other day to address how lucky we are to have Trump in charge.

11. pitt-girl

pitt-girl Chancellor
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yikes. Not sure what you're referencing but sounds odd.

Again I think there is a fine line with these briefings. I think you would agree there would be criticism either way. It's all in the eyes of the beholder.

I just haven't had much time to follow all these televised briefings. And admittedly I shy away from most news these days so I just tend to read summaries.

12. NCPitt

NCPitt Lair Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Come on Bob. It was more than that. Mr Pillow was there to talk about his company converting some operations to making masks, I think. Other corporate people were there to talk about their efforts to help with PPE and other stuff.

I didn't see most of it but it seems that Mr Pillow went off script. They weren't going to pull him off with a hook. Mr Pillow is a big Trump fan. He took a lot of heat a few months ago for it.

ONGB likes this.
  13. SoufOaklin4Life

SoufOaklin4Life Lair Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

If you are asking a question using the presidents pen words -you are seeking accountability .
    Some people actually think that’s the purpose of a free press - government accountability .
    And not just when a D is president .

14. SoufOaklin4Life

Expand Collapse

That’s stupid
    Why no consistency on this matter ?
    The partisan reflexive defense is mind numbing

15. SoufOaklin4Life

Expand Collapse

They should likewise hold them without trump
    -
    As he likewise adds no value to the relevant information .
    Just let the experts talk

16. gary2

gary2 Assistant Coach
    Expand Collapse

Investigative reporting provides accountability, not questions (basically done to promote the questioners persona) at a press conference.

Twisting or framing ones words to fit a political agenda is far from providing government accountability.

Exaggerating to the nth degree to label things a lie is not providing government accountability. Keeping track of those manufactured lies does not provide government accountability.

ONGB likes this.
  17. SoufOaklin4Life

Expand Collapse

Questioning if states will be treated based on needs - not praise - which is literally what trump said -
    Is fair game to follow up on it.

when trump says the economy will open in 2 weeks and 3 day later walks it back - it’s fair to question .

When the cdc offers a Warning on January 8th and it took until March 14th for trump to take it seriously (holding 8 rallies during that time )- it’s fair to question his credibility and reason for his inaction

when his primary concern is the stock market , and his re-election - rather than public heath - it’s fair to question

ricflair4LIFE likes this.
  18. Parkview57

Parkview57 Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Who is forcing you or anyone to watch it. If you don't like it don't watch it, pretty simple.

19. bobfree

bobfree Assistant Coach
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

What’s your point with this?

Usually it’s the liberations who have This opinion which is terribly ironic.

Other people talk about rights and keeping them when it comes to assault rifles but think the American public doesn’t deserve an informational only meeting from the government when a pandemic is going on?

20. NCPitt

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Except little, if a any, of that actually happened as you portray it.

BPKY, ONGB and gary2 like this.
  21. gary2

gary2 Assistant Coach
    Expand Collapse

Very true, in particular his last sentence is a frame and a characterization. That is what the press is constantly doing.

22. NCPitt

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Some of them have been tiresome when Trump takes the podium. He's just not as informative as the experts. A lot of it starts with the press pushing his buttons but not all. Pence should be the one leading the briefings but we know that Trump won't stay away.

Yesterday's was over 2 hours and I thought it was the best one yet. They have been pretty transparent all along but yesterday's use of chart to show how they reached their decisions was excellent. There questions from the press were reasonable and Trump seemed to make an effort to avoid contentious answers for the most part.

23. 9nationalchampionships

Expand Collapse

I find these briefings informative. The fact that the president is positive and touts his administration while the media ask questions to make him look bad shows that the situation is not so dire that politics take a back seat.....at least not yet.

24. gary2

gary2 Assistant Coach
    Expand Collapse

So dire or not, politics should have no place here. Both sides need to be much better.

25. 9nationalchampionships

Expand Collapse

I agree

gary2 likes this.
  26. HailToPitt1985

HailToPitt1985 Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

I'm assuming this is in response to someone who I have on Ignore and who lied in his or her post. I don't see the post you're responding to, which is fine because it sounds like it was full of lies. That's happening a lot lately with the misinformation in many posts of those I'm ignoring. LOL!

There is just so much misinformation out there and so many gullible sheep are believing it. Most is coming from the MSM. Since I no longer listen to any of that garbage or read any of it, my stress levels have been reduced significantly. I don't care about the politics and I don't care what any of the MSM say about any of this, because they're usually wrong. I get my news from reputable sources and I'm using my common sense. It's making this crisis somewhat survivable.

Everyone be safe, stay calm, and don't take anything from politicians or the MSM seriously.

27. pitt-girl

pitt-girl Chancellor
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I totally agree. Luckily I've been swamped, but we rarely turn on any national news. Every once in a while I'll watch the local news at 11. And frankly we've been this way for a few years now. I do try to read some things including transcripts of the recent briefings.

I know I'm not as well informed as I should, but there is absolutely nothing I can do about this situation and all it does is make me more stressed out.

28. SoufOaklin4Life

Expand Collapse

It’s again
    Using his own words - so yes - it’s exactly as portrayed.

but we know trump is allergic to accountability for his words - as are conservatives in general

29. SoufOaklin4Life

Expand Collapse

Fact checking obvious - let’s call them - exaggerations-
    Isn’t politics

30. recruitsreadtheseboards

recruitsreadtheseboards Lair Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

These folks had a registry also.

[​IMG]

31. BPKY

BPKY Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

You can click on the "show ignored content" link at the bottom right of each thread page. You don't need to assume anything. After you go to another page that poster's posts would still remain non-visible to you until you change your settings.

32. recruitsreadtheseboards

recruitsreadtheseboards Lair Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I stopped watching these because it became campaign rallies and almost devotion pledges to the Dear Leader.

So I understand. I think Trump and especially guys like Fauci need to talk....pandering to Trump's ego does not need to happen.

pitt-girl likes this.
  33. BPKY

BPKY Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

You gotta wonder if these posters actually watched the presser with Mr. Pillow or just heard a story on it from girlfriend or Fredo.

People want a briefing with only the experts and no T-Rump??? Duh, they are called news interviews. Anyone can watch 20 experts a day on CNN, MSDNC, FAUX News or any other misinformation source one chooses.

My head is about to explode from reading this stuff.

NCPitt, ONGB and Parkview57 like this.
  34. NCanton Panther

Expand Collapse

The complaint is ridiculous because you know darn well if TRump wasn’t at the briefings all the same village idiots would be up in arms because of POTUS being absent.

BPKY, gary2, HailToPitt1985 and 2 others like this.
  35. Parkview57

Parkview57 Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Agreed, Trump is the President, he is not really a politician, he never pretended to be, he is from NYC and brash, some of the folks on here must not have any friends who are brash, say whatever comes to mind, etc. Add to it the reporters ,acting like 13 year-olds who can't pass a test but are quick to tell the teacher they misspelled a word on the blackboard, trying to make him look bad ad nauseam and the briefings are what they are. He is not backing down, so don't watch it if you can't handle it. There are many places to read statistics and come to your own conclusion.

BPKY likes this.
  36. ONGB

ONGB All American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

If Trump wasn't there the same people would be criticizing him for lack of leadership and he was MIA.
    Stop the horseshit.
    It's transparent af.
    Turn it off if you don't like the format.

Maybe after watching the media the past few years you've forgotten what it's like for people to actually respect the OFFICE of the Presidency.

76 ONGB, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  37. pittbb80

pittbb80 Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

Im in agreement for the most part........

It gets nauseating watching trump pat himself on the back and repeat the same tired lines over an over.

Its also disgusting that some (not all) in the medias only goal is to play gotcha.

Id like to say Im shocked but it was amusing how dumb these people are as basic technical and math concepts went way over their heads

Stay safe. Hope your family is well

bobfree, TheSpecialSauce and ONGB like this.
  38. pittbb80

pittbb80 Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

I like the positive tone trump is providing but could do without a lot of his constant patting himself on the back. It gets old and nauseating

TheSpecialSauce likes this.
  39. ONGB

ONGB All American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Not as old and nauseating as the continued beatdown he takes from the media,some of it unwarranted imo.
    Maybe if people weren't such assholes he wouldn't feel the need to give himself credit.

God only knows the media and the left won't give him credit for ANYTHING,no matter what the case for 3 plus years.

I think we'd all be beating our own drum at some point also if everyday was an uphill battle.

And you know I've said numerous times I dont like alot of his behavior.
    But look at the clowns just on this board that took his *hoax* comment out of context among others like Easter returning to normal was set in stone.
    He clearly said it was an aspiration.

THEN the same morons whine about Trumps lies.

79 ONGB, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    NCanton Panther and mike 301 like this.
  40. HailToPitt1985

HailToPitt1985 Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

As someone else said, Trump isn't a politician. He's a NYC businessman and they like themselves and want to make sure everyone knows how great they are. That's who he is and it's not going to change. At least he's being transparent. You never have to doubt what he's thinking or where he stands on an issue. That can't be said for politicians.

Parkview57 and ONGB like this.