ADVERTISEMENT

Ithiel Horton

Horton is a sit out a year regular transfer. Believe he would have three years to play beginning 2020-2021 season. Being recruited as insurance against Johnson leaving early should that happen, I expect.

So, it would seem clear that he is not being recruited for immediate help--we are done with recruiting for next season's active roster, IMHO.

I once thought that Curtis Aiken, Jr, currently listed as a Redshirt Freshman, could be insurance at guard this coming season and going forward because, even though he is a walk-on, he was once rated a Rivals 3-star. However, I notice that the new roster on the official site indicates Aiken is still rehabbing from the (knee?) injury he suffered senior year in HS because it states that he is still restricted from contact in practice. Must have been a pretty devastating injury to be taking over a year for rehab.

Last edited:
Horton is a sit out a year regular transfer. Believe he would have three years to play beginning 2020-2021 season. Being recruited as insurance against Johnson leaving early should that happen, I expect.

So, it would seem clear that he is not being recruited for immediate help--we are done with recruiting for next season's active roster, IMHO.

I once thought that Curtis Aiken, Jr, currently listed as a Redshirt Freshman, could be insurance at guard this coming season and going forward because, even though he is a walk-on, he was once rated a Rivals 3-star. However, I notice that the new roster on the official site indicates Aiken is still rehabbing from the (knee?) injury he suffered senior year in HS because it states that he is still restricted from contact in practice. Must have been a pretty devastating injury to be taking over a year for rehab.
Just as an aside, I don’t think they’ve updated any of the biographies for the upcoming season - they’ve just added the new players. I don’t think the biographies for the returning players will be updated until the fall. So whatever it says now on Aiken’s page is just what it said last year.

Just as an aside, I don’t think they’ve updated any of the biographies for the upcoming season - they’ve just added the new players. I don’t think the biographies for the returning players will be updated until the fall. So whatever it says now on Aiken’s page is just what it said last year.

Yes--that seems correct. Went back and compared bio for last season with the one for this season. They appear identical as regards the knee injury rehab (see below).

Wonder if Italy trip will show us something about how recovered he may be and whether he can be quality (better than walk-on) depth at guard

2019-2020

The Storyline
  • Solid guard prospect who missed a majority of his senior season with a knee injury ... currently rehabbing the injury and working his way back into playing shape
  • Local product who grew up a Pitt fan ... son of former Panther standout and current radio analyst Curtis Aiken
  • Skilled guard with the athleticism, IQ and ability to add depth to Pitt’s perimeter rotation
  • Has worked hard to rehab the knee injury and in the weight room ... enters the preseason limited to non-contact drills on the court
  • Enrolled in Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
2018-2019

The Storyline
  • Solid guard prospect who missed a majority of his senior season with a knee injury ... currently rehabbing the injury and working his way back into playing shape
  • Local product who grew up a Pitt fan ... son of former Panther standout and current radio analyst Curtis Aiken
  • Skilled guard with the athleticism, IQ and ability to add depth to Pitt’s perimeter rotation
  • Has worked hard to rehab the knee injury and in the weight room ... enters the preseason limited to non-contact drills on the court
  • Enrolled in Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences

Last edited:
Reactions: artp5
I'm wondering the same thing. Can Capel beat VT and Arkansas? We don't have a great track record of beating the SEC for recruits...
No visit scheduled to Vir.Tech. I would not be shocked if there was no Arkansas visit either.

Gotta think this bodes well for our chances with Horton. Arkansas has one scholarship to give.

Horton posted a picture on Instagram last night in a Pitt jersey, with the captain “not official”. If he is, in fact, going through with his trip to Fayetteville, his plane would be landing right about now.

Gotta think this bodes well for our chances with Horton. Arkansas has one scholarship to give.

Horton posted a picture on Instagram last night in a Pitt jersey, with the captain “not official”. If he is, in fact, going through with his trip to Fayetteville, his plane would be landing right about now.
Link?

Us and Arkansas? Gotta thing we're going to get him. Although our track record against the SEC sends a different bibe

Reactions: VincePITT

Us and Arkansas? Gotta thing we're going to get him. Although our track record against the SEC sends a different bibe
Yeah, you gotta feel good about the way things have played out here. Not a done deal, of course, but the Cleveland State kid going to play for his home state program and Horton landing here with all of the staff’s connections to the North Jersey high schools is the scenario that seems to make the most sense.

Does anybody know how his visit to Arkansas went? Hopefully we get a decision within a few days

Does anybody know how his visit to Arkansas went? Hopefully we get a decision within a few days

No information has really come out. A transfer from Cleveland State was supposed to visit there today, but it looks like it will be rescheduled. Hopefully they prioritize him, more than Horton. Figured something would come out very soon too.

No information has really come out. A transfer from Cleveland State was supposed to visit there today, but it looks like it will be rescheduled. Hopefully they prioritize him, more than Horton. Figured something would come out very soon too.
It would have been awkward for them both to be there at the same time.
Horton on his second day and the Cleveland State kid his first.

I think Pitt gets Horton.

I might rather have the Cleve State kid. Look at his assists. I would take his teammate as well.

It would have been awkward for them both to be there at the same time.
Horton on his second day and the Cleveland State kid his first.

I think Pitt gets Horton.

I might rather have the Cleve State kid. Look at his assists. I would take his teammate as well.

Horton is a very good shooter and scorer. He set a few freshman records last season. He would have played considerable minutes for Pitt last season.

Horton is a very good shooter and scorer. He set a few freshman records last season. He would have played considerable minutes for Pitt last season.
The Cleve St kid had more points and many more assists, is a sophomore and played in a better league.

That said, I will be happy with Horton.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
If Horton didn't post an IG photo of him in an Arkansas jersey, he's gotta be coming to Pitt.

Let's hope for some good news soon-ish!

If Horton didn't post an IG photo of him in an Arkansas jersey, he's gotta be coming to Pitt.

Let's hope for some good news soon-ish!
He did post a picture in an Arkansas jersey on his instagram last night, but I haven’t seen any other information or quotes from his visit from what sources I can find that cover Arkansas. At least we got the standard “Pitt visit was great, loved Coach Capel” reaction.

Reactions: Elsalvador
Last edited:
Reactions: Drew1208
Maybe they canceled the Cleveland state visit because
Here’s something. Horton describes his Arkansas visit as “a wonderful and interesting experience” and plans to decide in the next week and a half. Can’t say I’ve heard that description too often.

https://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=686064.0
Interesting is not a good word.
I think we get this kid. Not based off of that quote but the totality of the circumstance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT