ADVERTISEMENT

Its back...Pacino to play Paterno in HBO movie

Apr 26, 2012
The movie was in pre-production, but was pulled due to funding concerns a few years ago. The timing seems right now, though, with C/S/S legal issues just concluded, with all pleading or found guilty. Barry Levinson to direct.

The movie will apparently just be about the fall of Paterno. Its not a life story, only the Shakespearean fall from grace.

I can imagine that they will attempt to portray him somewhat sympathetically, showing an old man coming to terms with his life's great failing. The Cult will hate anything less that a saintly portrayal; any sense that he was a flawed human being like the rest of us will be unacceptable, so they will hate it, even if he is portrayed somewhat sympathetically.

And I read that the delay has allowed them to rewrite and improve the script. And with C/S/S all going to jail, they should feel on safer ground telling it like it is.

The movie was in pre-production, but was pulled due to funding concerns a few years ago. The timing seems right now, though, with C/S/S legal issues just concluded, with all pleading or found guilty. Barry Levinson to direct.

The movie will apparently just be about the fall of Paterno. Its not a life story, only the Shakespearean fall from grace.

I can imagine that they will attempt to portray him somewhat sympathetically, showing an old man coming to terms with his life's great failing. The Cult will hate anything less that a saintly portrayal; any sense that he was a flawed human being like the rest of us will be unacceptable, so they will hate it, even if he is portrayed somewhat sympathetically.

And I read that the delay has allowed them to rewrite and improve the script. And with C/S/S all going to jail, they should feel on safer ground telling it like it is.
Kudos to HBO.

Why I brought up Allen & Company, financing is always the key!

It took years to get "SPOTLIGHT" on the Big Screen!

We need to cast.
Thoughts? Damien Lewis would be dead nuts perfect as Mike McQueary
Damian-Lewis1.jpg

OMG, who do you cast as Sandusky? Schultz, Curley, and Spanier? LOL!

Add in Sara Ganim! doing her Own Book and Screenplay being told by some Long Ears and it will be financed?

Love your postings Owtie!
Originally, John Carroll Lynch was cast to play him. He, along with others cast a few years ago, may or may not be able this time around. Lynch would be great; he can really do creppy.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...MMNUri3s0JCQJfp84CDO5xQQ&ust=1496779260226997

Whoo-ah

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
This is what Penn State avoided by not having any Civil Lawsuits and why they settled them.:oops: Just look at the Opening Statements in the Bill Cosby Trial...... and no matter what the verdict for Bill Cosby, Civil Lawsuits of 60 Women will be filed, just like Goldman did to OJ and won $33 Million AND still collecting!:eek::mad:

Prosecutor Opening::oops:
"Celebrities, as a whole, we celebrate them. They become larger than life … we feel that we know them, who they are. And that’s especially true of figures like Bill Cosby, also known as Dr. Huxtable,” said Gibbons-Feden in the media-filled courtroom in Montgomery County. “That man, in that illusion, of all those roles he played on television, that illusion was shattered.”
Cosby kept his eyes glued on the prosecutor as she detailed to jurors how Constand was left “completely paralyzed” after Cosby gave her three blue pills at his home near Philadelphia in January 2004.
“’These three friends will help you relax.’ His words from his voice,” Gibbons-Feden said. “Trust, betrayal and an ability to consent — that’s what this case is about.”.....

VERSES:eek:
Meanwhile, in his opening remarks, Cosby’s lawyer Brian McMonagle said that “sexual assault is a terrible crime” but that “a false accusation of sexual assault is also a terrible crime.”
“What do you see? A brilliant comedian? A flawed husband whose infidelity has made him vulnerable to these actions?” McMonagle posed to jurors. “He might be like someone you know, who has achieved greatness yet has suffered an indescribable tragedy. What I hope you’ll see is just a man.”
McMonagle also told the panel that Cosby is blind.
“Unfortunately, when he looks back, he can’t see,” the lawyer said. “I am his eyes in the courtroom.”
The defense lawyer slammed Constand’s version of events, calling her story “inconsistent” and telling jurors that Cosby admitted they were having an affair in a call to her mother...............

LINK::confused:
http://pagesix.com/2017/06/05/harrowing-opening-statements-kick-off-cosby-trial/

Last edited:
Well for Schultz......I am thinking this guy.
quote-i-hear-nothing-i-see-nothing-i-know-nothing-john-banner-62-17-90.jpg

But he is dead I believe.
Its a shame he's gone, because he actually looks like PSU's Shultz, mustache and all. Levinson should use the Sargent Shultz clip in the movie previews; it would help drive ticket sales.

By the way, if they can't get Lynch to play Sandusky, I think Spanier should be asked, assuming he's out of prison when they're filming.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly

....and Jerry Mathers as The Beaver (stadium).

Its a shame he's gone, because he actually looks like PSU's Shultz, mustache and all. Levinson should use the Sargent Shultz clip in the movie previews; it would help drive ticket sales.

By the way, if they can't get Lynch to play Sandusky, I think Spanier should be asked, assuming he's out of prison when they're filming.
All they need to do is all Central castings should be done at CMU & PITT where Michael Keaton can pick and choose them and Billy price do the Musical Song and Scores! LOL! Point Park Professors can write the Screenplay!

"Revenge Of The Noise, post: 1912476, member: 50457"]Howard Stern's Beetlejuice as Franco Harris

images

OMG, this is unreal comedy!:D

I can see Kathy Griffin now playing McQueary and Bruce Jenner Spanier's Wife!

SNL is going to pick up on this if the Michigan Boys have anything to do in reading it!

Yes, in addition to having some scupples, he said he couldn't utter the "Let the healing begin" line with a straight face.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT