ADVERTISEMENT

It's time to install Duzz as Pope.

Dan1911

Sophomore
Jan 17, 2016
I think he's our Frank Beamer. Install him for life. Don't do a Jamie Dixon.

Don't try to get happier than happy. He makes us and this program happy.

Give him.more money for assistants. What we're saving in not buying out bad fb coaches (finally) should be invested in the program.

He's our guy. Accept his flaws and appreciate the great things he's done for our program.

For a guy that in 8 years has avg less than 8 wins and more than 4 losses. It’s Sad what expectations our fans have. It’s no wonder why we have the poorest fan base in the NCAA..
We have won 20 games in the last two seasons! Only five or six other teams have done that. Perhaps you should do a little research on the last 40 years and then think about your post!

He built this program from nothing. He was also learning being a head coach on the job. Last 2 years is a ten win average. The trend is your friend.

You wanna fire him? You learned nothing from the Jamie Dixon fiasco.
Let’s be realistic, everyone on this board knows that PN will never be fired by Pitt sans some type of off-field scandal.

And I think there’s enough of a track record out there to say he’ll give Pitt more than a fighting chance of being an above average team every year.

Pretty much only one question, does he have it in him to put that really really good season together, like a Cincy last year or TCU this year. His track record so far says no but let’s hope he can change that.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther

Give him.more money for assistants. What we're saving in not buying out bad fb coaches (finally) should be invested in the program.

He's our guy. Accept his flaws and appreciate the great things he's done for our program.
We need a Pope who does not allow a shotgun formation on 4th and 1 to win the game...

Sorely would like someone to ask him candidly about not lifting Slovis in the GT game. He seems PTSD by the season when he switched among Browne and Da Nooch multiple times, to the extent that he will not yank his starter now, no matter what bowel movement the guy is producing on the field, as Slovis did in that game. Someday really needs to pin him down on that.

But otherwise, heck yeah, we aren’t doing better.

Well if you wanted a guy like Leach, Holgorsen, Riley, Longo, Freeze, Meyer, etc their qb's rarely if ever go under center.
Not to mention Harbaughs calls at the goal line yesterday or Dykes calls at the goal line that he admitted were mistakes in the B12 championship game . Lots of great coaches seem to eschew the easy Qb sneak on fourth and short

Reactions: steelcurtain55.

The assistant part is a key, I mean we clearly lose an OC every 2 years, Bates is fantastic if we get consistency at OC as well, watch out

Reactions: FIVE4PITT
Let’s be realistic, everyone on this board knows that PN will never be fired by Pitt sans some type of off-field scandal.

And I think there’s enough of a track record out there to say he’ll give Pitt more than a fighting chance of being an above average team every year.

Pretty much only one question, does he have it in him to put that really really good season together, like a Cincy last year or TCU this year. His track record so far says no but let’s hope he can change that.
If he remains at Pitt long enough, I think he can take Pitt to the playoffs sometime down the road in the 12 team format. It would be nice to increase the NIL pot for the football program. The staff does a good job at finding and developing talent, but in the current climate, I think there are 3 other programs in the ACC that are consistently going to have a more talented roster. ...and who knows the future of the conference and how all that plays out in the next 5 to 10 years.

Sorely would like someone to ask him candidly about not lifting Slovis in the GT game. He seems PTSD by the season when he switched among Browne and Da Nooch multiple times, to the extent that he will not yank his starter now, no matter what bowel movement the guy is producing on the field, as Slovis did in that game. Someday really needs to pin him down on that.

But otherwise, heck yeah, we aren’t doing better.
He ‘ll respond by saying he just looks forward. But he did say in a pregame microphone that they left a few get away this past year. He’s gotta be gnawing away inside at what could have been.

He built this program from nothing. He was also learning being a head coach on the job. Last 2 years is a ten win average. The trend is your friend.

You wanna fire him? You learned nothing from Jamie Dixon fiasco.
Jamie Dixon is not a fair comparison. Like Wlat Harris, Jamie had given up on recruiting and had reached his expiration date.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT