ADVERTISEMENT

Izzy, Drexel, Junko

4upmc

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2017

Drexel- Nothing against him but I prefer Kradel (been good, not great) or the young guy Moore.

Junko- Glad he’s starting, is our best punter IMO.

Izzy- No idea if he plays but if healthy he should get the bulk of the touches. Why? Because he’s not only our best RB he is our top weapon and a strong case can be made no back in the nation has had a better year.

Before he sat last week he was 3rd in the nation in rushing. 1st in all purpose yards per game, 1st in rushing touchdowns, 1st in scoring, had 12 rushing TD’s of 10 plus yards (no other player had more than 6). In other words he is explosive and has a chance to take it to the house every time he touches the ball.

I know I was in the minority before the season when I said he was our best back. I’m a big fan of Rodney as he is a legit starting P5 back. He may have more natural instincts than Izzy (Izzy has improved in this area), gets consistent yards etc. But he doesn’t have that explosive home run gear like Izzy who legitimately can take it to the house any time he touches the ball. You can’t teach 4.37 speed.

Rodney will lead you on a 12-15 play drive where he eats you up with 4 and 5 yard tough runs. But in todays game that’s hard to maintain as one play can kill a drive. You need explosive plays. Izzy should get most of the touches and Rodney can get a few series as well. BTW was it me or did the ND kid look really fast last week?

I believe Rodney not only will go over 1000 yards next year he will be all ACC. So don’t get me wrong as I’m a big fan.

Drexel- Nothing against him but I prefer Kradel (been good, not great) or the young guy Moore.

Junko- Glad he’s starting, is our best punter IMO.

Izzy- No idea if he plays but if healthy he should get the bulk of the touches. Why? Because he’s not only our best RB he is our top weapon and a strong case can be made no back in the nation has had a better year.

Before he sat last week he was 3rd in the nation in rushing. 1st in all purpose yards per game, 1st in rushing touchdowns, 1st in scoring, had 12 rushing TD’s of 10 plus yards (no other player had more than 6). In other words he is explosive and has a chance to take it to the house every time he touches the ball.

I know I was in the minority before the season when I said he was our best back. I’m a big fan of Rodney as he is a legit starting P5 back. He may have more natural instincts than Izzy (Izzy has improved in this area), gets consistent yards etc. But he doesn’t have that explosive home run gear like Izzy who legitimately can take it to the house any time he touches the ball. You can’t teach 4.37 speed.

Rodney will lead you on a 12-15 play drive where he eats you up with 4 and 5 yard tough runs. But in todays game that’s hard to maintain as one play can kill a drive. You need explosive plays. Izzy should get most of the touches and Rodney can get a few series as well. BTW was it me or did the ND kid look really fast last week?

I believe Rodney not only will go over 1000 yards next year he will be all ACC. So don’t get me wrong as I’m a big fan.
Imagine how dangerous our RBs would be with an actual threatening pass game?

Imagine how dangerous our RBs would be with an actual threatening pass game?
Agree, it’s that much more impressive how we have run the ball when the D keys on it. Just an average passing game would make this O a ton better. Wonder what Slovis will do if teams get smart and start doubling Wayne all game?

I agree that izzy should get the bulk of the carries he's earned that and he's such a weapon on a team that doesn't have any ,and also Hammond is a good back to spell izzy at times ,2 different styles

Reactions: 4upmc
I was never a big fan of Drexel in the first place
Same here. Was solid in Pass Pro last year (Kenny’s feet helped as well). But he doesn’t get much push in the run game and bigger DT’s have their way with him.

ADVERTISEMENT