ADVERTISEMENT

J T Daniels “ Im out

That was a given before the season was even over. What QB in their right mind would want to play at the God forsaken place?

WVU benched him for the last 3 or 4 games. Don't agree at a thet he outplayed Slovis by the way. Fumbled a ton and was lucky to get those back. Threw for like 200 yards in the game v. Pitt.

Four schools over your college career seems ridiculous. Probably should move down a level to a G5 or FCS school. Or accept that maybe he doesn’t have a shot at the pros.

I mean yes and no. It is ridiculous that Mel Tucker after one decent season gets handed $95 million. Whether he sucks or not. Whether his teams win or not. Even if they fire him, they owe him.

It sucks that this system cannot allow schools to compensate the players for which these coaches make millions on......and have to have these shady, underhanded deals paid for by boosters and fans.

Four schools over your college career seems ridiculous. Probably should move down a level to a G5 or FCS school. Or accept that maybe he doesn’t have a shot at the pros.

But this free transfer rule is so great for players. 4 schools in 5 years (which will be very common) is so good for the kids.

But this free transfer rule is so great for players. 4 schools in 5 years (which will be very common) is so good for the kids.
Aren’t you the guy who has been contending that they are pro’s? If so, they should be able to play wherever they want, like the pro’s.

Reactions: pittdan77
They really put the STUDENT in the "student athlete". Let's stop this charade, make them employees, have a collective bargaining agreement and bring some semblance of sanity.
But students can transfer schools as much as they want without limitations, right ?!?

I don’t cry for these universities who are raking in tens of millions on sports because athletes have started learning their own value

They really put the STUDENT in the "student athlete". Let's stop this charade, make them employees, have a collective bargaining agreement and bring some semblance of sanity.
Collective bargaining agreement for coaches would be a great start. The Pitt, UCLA, Virginia, and Georgia Techs of the world can lead the charge. There are only about a dozen schools who like the current arrangement of poaching coaches at will by throwing cash.

The NCAA curdles at any semblance of a threatening lawsuit that would end up with schools having to directly pay salaries to players. For whatever reason, that seems to include possible challenges to immediate eligibility on multiple transfers. Wasn’t that supposed to only be permitted after the Covid year? In any event, it probably helps Pitt at least as much as it has hurt, so I’ve no gripe. We’re going to increasingly rely on the portal for the bulk of our starters, not merely to fill gaps. So, we are going to need any and all transfers to be immediately eligible.

However, where does the farce end? I think none of us will be surprised to see guys transferring midseason and playing for their new ‘schools’ the very next weekend. Alabamas or Georgia’s will get injuries to key players, and immediately go poach the best guy at another school playing at that position. They’ll dangle the lawsuit or threaten dropping if contested, and the NCAA will nod politely … then suspend the coach of TN-Chattanooga for buying a player a Big Mac.

Collective bargaining agreement for coaches would be a great start. The Pitt, UCLA, Virginia, and Georgia Techs of the world can lead the charge. There are only about a dozen schools who like the current arrangement of poaching coaches at will by throwing cash.
It’s funny how nobody blinks an eye at a head coach making $5mil a year for a non-profit - but are all bent out of shape because players also have freedom of movement and can earn on their NIL ?!?

It’s old people screaming at clouds

I agree, but the issue isn't necessarily his ability, it is the foolishness that is going on currently in college football. It is no longer amateurs playing a college sport, it is essentially a professional sports league. Wait until the NFL feels financially threatened enough by things like the NIL deals and the ability to transfer multiple times in college, a huge law suit ensue.

But students can transfer schools as much as they want without limitations, right ?!?

I don’t cry for these universities who are raking in tens of millions on sports because athletes have started learning their own value
Why limit the transfers to seasons? Why not have week to week, after all if Alabama has a big game against LSU, then they should be able to poach the players they need to get a victory.

At some point there needs a cap and rules on these free agents, just like in pro sports. And the only way to do this really is a contract. Of course, we are talking a business where contracts are meaningless when it comes to coaches.

Reactions: FireballZ
I agree, but the issue isn't necessarily his ability, it is the foolishness that is going on currently in college football. It is no longer amateurs playing a college sport, it is essentially a professional sports league. Wait until the NFL feels financially threatened enough by things like the NIL deals and the ability to transfer multiple times in college, a huge law suit ensue.

If this is truly going the way of the pros then hopefully some semblance of contracts aren’t too far off. The current model is unsustainable. Imagine if everyone in the NFL played on one year deals.

Reactions: PantherDDS
Why limit the transfers to seasons? Why not have week to week, after all if Alabama has a big game against LSU, then they should be able to poach the players they need to get a victory.

At some point there needs a cap and rules on these free agents, just like in pro sports. And the only way to do this really is a contract. Of course, we are talking a business where contracts are meaningless when it comes to coaches.
I have no problem with that either .
Again
Any student can transfer schools at any time right ?

ADVERTISEMENT