ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Browning

upj87

Head Coach
Nov 5, 2003
Looked liked the illegitimate offspring of Peyton Manning and Tom Brady last night while last week against the Steelers the career third stringer had all the skillset of JaMarcus Russell..He replaced a top three QB in the NFL and performed at or above his level...Odd, you give a QB some time with high level performers around him and often they shine...Give them a month with said guys and they may come around for you big time. Of course folks like Kirk Herbstreit "know better" because, uh, they know better. or something...

Happy for him! He was inconsistent in college where he’d follow a great game with a bad game. Hopefully he’s figured it out.

Only 1 TD, but 32-37 354 yards, wish Kenny could have JUST ONE, JUST ONE game out of 24 games where you could look at the stats and say WOW, JUST ONE.

Reactions: Burgh15
Only 1 TD, but 32-37 354 yards, wish Kenny could have JUST ONE, JUST ONE game out of 24 games where you could look at the stats and say WOW, JUST ONE.

Give KP his protection and the receiving group he has along with an actual competent offensive coordinator and you’d get as good or better results.

Reactions: 303vND
Give KP his protection and the receiving group he has along with an actual competent offensive coordinator and you’d get as good or better results.
I hope so, but how long do we have to wait. for Kenny's sake, you gotta hope Mitch doesn't have some great games right now.

I hope so, but how long do we have to wait. for Kenny's sake, you gotta hope Mitch doesn't have some great games right now.

You tell me? When will the Steelers get a legit OL and a wr corp as talented as the bengals. And when will the master of bullshit hire a legit OC?

And as far as Mitch goes. LOL.

Reactions: jctrack
He looked good but NFL defenses have a history of trying to stop what you do best so let's see how the season progresses.

Wonder if the return of Tee Higgins had anything to do with Brownings performance. Hmmm.

Let’s see drops vs tee Higgins
Pickens vs Chase
Robinson vs Boyd.

Reactions: jctrack
EXACTLY!! There are some very important variables that Steeler fans ignore regarding the offensive structure of the team.

Reactions: pierre93
If only we could ever get the opportunity to demonstrate that is true. Until then, 24 and counting is saying something

I see QBs on bad offensive teams having big games, young QBs, like Levis, you'd think in 24 games Kenny would have at least one giant stat line? Sam Howell had a 4 TD 397 yard game, is Washington that much more talented? If so, dumb ass Tomlin needs to cut the budget on the defensive side and pay for offensive skill.

A little concerning that Browning had this game in start #2 while we're still waiting on it from Pickett. That isn't to assign fault; I'm just saying it's concerning.

Also, thanks goodness Cincy kept the training wheels on this dude last week, or we'd undoubtedly be 6-6. But I'll take the next game against them out of the "probable wins" column. It's not 50/50 at best, and that assume Browning comes back down to Earth and isn't some unlikely stud, ha.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I see QBs on bad offensive teams having big games, young QBs, like Levis, you'd think in 24 games Kenny would have at least one giant stat line? Sam Howell had a 4 TD 397 yard game, is Washington that much more talented? If so, dumb ass Tomlin needs to cut the budget on the defensive side and pay for offensive skill.
lol. Those will Leviis stats. In far more attempts

A little concerning that Browning had this game in start #2 while we're still waiting on it from Pickett. That isn't to assign fault; I'm just saying it's concerning.

Also, thanks goodness Cincy kept the training wheels on this dude last week, or we'd undoubtedly be 6-6. But I'll take the next game against them out of the "probable wins" column. It's not 50/50 at best, and that assume Browning comes back down to Earth and isn't some unlikely stud, ha.
Did they take the training wheels off or did adding tee Higgins make a difference ?

What do you think Brock Purdy would have done in the Matt Canada Steeler offense?

What do you think Brock Purdy would have done in the Matt Canada Steeler offense?
Come on man. He’d have killed it. Canada is just as good as shamahan and the Steelers Wr RBs and Te Match up well with Debo Ayuk Kittle and MCCaffrey. Lolz

He helps, but he's not their only weapon; they were conservative despite his absence.
Done underestimate the value of having a second significant threat to pass to.

Also some credit has to be given to porter who did a hell of a job on on one against chase He also got a lot more pressure from the Steelers Dl than he did last night. Amazing how a clean pocket and more weapons helps a qb

Looked liked the illegitimate offspring of Peyton Manning and Tom Brady last night while last week against the Steelers the career third stringer had all the skillset of JaMarcus Russell..He replaced a top three QB in the NFL and performed at or above his level...Odd, you give a QB some time with high level performers around him and often they shine...Give them a month with said guys and they may come around for you big time. Of course folks like Kirk Herbstreit "know better" because, uh, they know better. or something...
apparently the point (not NFL related) I was trying to make here went way way over everybody's heads....

apparently the point (not NFL related) I was trying to make here went way way over everybody's heads....
Yeah. I got it. Just think people are burned out on it.
Of course Rodemaker with a month of first team reps and a game plan tailored to his strengths may yield different results than a 3rd stringer with a week to prepare for his first meaningful action.
NFL QBs are completely different animals though. The game prep for a backup in the NFL is a lot different than for CFB.

Aren't the Jags in the worst D in the NFL? I could throw for some yards and TDs against that D with Chase beating dudes like rented mules.

Reactions: USN_Panther
At this point, I think much better, and Kenny wouldn't have 23 TDs in the SF offense, at this point, I believe Purdy is a superior talent to Kenny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT