ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Forrester

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
is a highly ranked recruit. Media accounts indicate he might be a possibility a Pitt.

I have seen one high school game in which Jake participated (it was only one game). I thought Jake was invisible. I had observed the same thing watching one game (only one game) that D.Wilson and C.Manigault participated in. I hope Jake's one game was an aberration. I hope Jake turns out to be a fine player and that he plays at Pitt.

I saw Lamar play one game and immediately felt he was a player. I saw Mike Young play one game and felt he was talented but had no desire to play inside (offense or defense).

Sometimes one game tells you nothing, other times one game can tell you a lot.

It does seem to me that (at times) a player's ranking can be influenced by who he plays for and who he plays against plus high profile televised games.

Last edited:
Talented guys in high school who end up playing D1 ball should stick out like a sore thumb . Their quicker , they jump higher ,their far superior athletically , they have a pure stroke etc . But you never know could've been an off day or he was injured who knows , plus one game isn't enough unless it's one that they destroy everyone .

is a highly ranked recruit. Media accounts indicate he might be a possibility a Pitt.

I have seen one high school game in which Jake participated (it was only one game). I thought Jake was invisible. I had observed the same thing watching one game (only one game) that D.Wilson and C.Manigault participated in. I hope Jake's one game was an aberration. I hope Jake turns out to be a fine player and that he plays at Pitt.

I saw Lamar play one game and immediately felt he was a player. I saw Mike Young play one game and felt he was talented but had no desire to play inside (offense or defense).

Sometimes one game tells you nothing, other times one game can tell you a lot.

It does seem to me that (at times) a player's ranking can be influenced by who he plays for and who he plays against plus high profile televised games.
Dixon himself once told me that college coaches sometimes call recruiting services to have players rankings changed.

Another thing that matters is when you play well. You may remember that when Lamar was ranked top 75 when he committed to Pitt. Not long after, he had a weekend where he dominated against top competition and Rivals changed his ranking to 15. Not long after, he had a terrible couple of games and they moved him outside the top 100.

Reactions: rockypanther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT