ADVERTISEMENT

James Conner

Simply incredible. I know we are all Pitt fans, and most are Steeler fans too, and follow James... but to be #2 IN ALL OF THE NFL!!! That isnt just Pitt alumni buying jerseys.
It used to be the player/team splits 2/3rds of the profits and the players union gets the other 1/3. I know Kaperncik (sp?) donated a million dollars to charity from his jersey sales last year. So, there is a good chance James is getting some coin for this. Not sure how the new agreement goes, but at any rate, this is a nationwide story, and nationwide following. He is outselling Elliott, who plays for a team with a huge following and from Ohio State, who have 5 times the number of graduates as Pitt.
The kid has so much pressure on him, I think staying home will ground him and make him excel.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
He has a great story behind him and hopefully a better one ahead of him. Also hope he gets a cut of the $, not knowing contractual details.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
That's amazing. Guys, it really proves there is enormous fan potential for Pitt in this region if only we'd kick ass and become real winners.

Nobody is buying this merely because he's a Steelers player ... they'd buy other Steelers (such as Watt if they want a new guy, or Brown or Ben or Leveon etc). And Erie is sort of close to Pittsburgh but not really local. So its not that. Or merely because he had cancer. Sure, that is a nuance of it. But other Steelers have overcome afflictions, they don't become the #2 popular shirt in the whole NFL. What's putting it over the top is his Pitt affiliation ... there are many Steelers fans who are silent Pitt fans too. And they want to jump on our bandwagon. If only we give em a reason.

Can somebody just shake the leadership of the university by their expensive lapels and show them the windfall they're losing out on?

Last edited:
Reactions: President Stache
Did you talk to all the Steeler/Nit fans? A fringe group does not count.

I work with many.. I see the paturdo beer. We are because he was.. photos of paturdo...
And... the Steelers should have not drafted James or can't believe the Steelers took him so early.. he would have been available later..
My take, the don't want to root for anyone from PITT.

Don't ask me about tickets to PITT versus one of the other state schools at nitterville.

Because the nitter/Steeler fans mentioned they will struggle to root for James because he was a PANTHER..
Struggle to root for a kid who beat cancer, yet no problem supporting a coach who decided to keep his assistant's secret in house. Amazing how many people like that I run into and they're just dumbfounded as to why some people can't stand psu.

Sure they will. They aren't as steeped in hatred as Pitt fans are...just the way it is.
they are, however, the types to go around as 50 year olds wearing pro football game jerseys...

any Pitt fan (ie, the Hatred Steeped) here that is also a Steeler fan have anything against that Jesse James kid?.... I am assuming crickets will probably be the bug of the day on that one

they are, however, the types to go around as 50 year olds wearing pro football game jerseys...

any Pitt fan (ie, the Hatred Steeped) here that is also a Steeler fan have anything against that Jesse James kid?.... I am assuming crickets will probably be the bug of the day on that one
There are definitely more than a couple on here who hate James and deride him far beyond normal critique.

I think he isn't very good and they need a better one. The Nit thing just adds some arsenic to the shit sandwich.

In their defense they did have a good one but he was driven out by unfortunate concussions. But they should seek a new starter. This guy seems to have decent hands to a degree, but is meh otherwise. Too light, too gawky, not all that fast or effective blocking. The position is fairly valuable to them so they should have tried harder to upgrade. But who knows, perhaps the gap gives Orndoff an outside shot to impress and stick (unless he no longer is there with them since the mini camp, I really didn't pay attention).

Last edited:
Reactions: President Stache
I think he isn't very good and they need a better one. The Nit thing just adds some arsenic to the shit sandwich.

In their defense they did have a good one but he was driven out by unfortunate concussions. But they should seek a new starter. This guy seems to have decent hands to a degree, but is meh otherwise. Too light, too gawky, not all that fast or effective blocking. The position is fairly valuable to them so they should have tried harder to upgrade. But who knows, perhaps the gap gives Orndoff an outside shot to impress and stick (unless he no longer is there with them since the mini camp, I really didn't pay attention).
I stand corrected...so I'm guessing you ramble on with a string of obscenities and "Joe Knew"'s when he catches an 8 yarder for a first down, eh?

It's just the perfect storm of jersey sales, the most popular Pitt player probably since Fitzgerald, maybe even Marino, with a movie worthy story, drafted to play for the beloved, home town Steelers. If he had been drafted by the Lions or Texans, nobody is buying that jersey.

Struggle to root for a kid who beat cancer, yet no problem supporting a coach who decided to keep his assistant's secret in house. Amazing how many people like that I run into and they're just dumbfounded as to why some people can't stand psu.
Even a thread about James Conner's Steelers jersey has to become about Paterno and child rape! Give it a rest.

Reactions: Nashvillian

I'm 58, I have around 7-8 different Steelers jersey, wear different ones every Sunday during the season, my favorite is a Big Ben #7, 1967 throwback, "Batman" jersey.

As for Jesse James, he's been OK, a mediocre TE, I don't see him as a long turn solution, but when watching the Steelers, what college a player came from is irrelevant to me rooting for him, he's a Steeler now. If the Ravens had drafted James Conner I'd be rooting against him.

It's just the perfect storm of jersey sales, the most popular Pitt player probably since Fitzgerald, maybe even Marino, with a movie worthy story, drafted to play for the beloved, home town Steelers. If he had been drafted by the Lions or Texans, nobody is buying that jersey.

Totally agree... a film a few years out for sure, but that has hollywood written all over it.

Of course, happy valley also is getting a movie made of them, so it's all even really.

I'm 58, I have around 7-8 different Steelers jersey, wear different ones every Sunday during the season, my favorite is a Big Ben #7, 1967 throwback, "Batman" jersey.

As for Jesse James, he's been OK, a mediocre TE, I don't see him as a long turn solution, but when watching the Steelers, what college a player came from is irrelevant to me rooting for him, he's a Steeler now. If the Ravens had drafted James Conner I'd be rooting against him.
no kidding?..You walk around on days of games with player jerseys? never would have guessed. You? Got put the face paint on ala Puddy also eh,? Support the team!

when he played for nitter u, I'd never root for him(or anyone there), I root for the home always no one specifically unless he sported the BLUE and GOLD.

Indeed. First, who cares what people wear. If more Pitt fans bought and wore Pitt uniform shirts, yes perhaps we'd look like comical tools, but (1) who cares (2) what hetero dude even looks once at what other dudes are wearing and (3) the university would have a bunch more money that so many here moan that it desperately needs. Pony up and wear your Brian O'Neil jersey already.

Second, most fans, even the most radical like myself that called and still call for PS to get the death penalty, don't actually hold the rapes against individual PS players, especially ones that came along far after the offenses. I certainly wish them ill when playing there, but once gone, if they can help my Steelers, I rarely give a thought. But if they stink i certainly don't want em there. J James doesn't stink, he's adequate for what he is (a backup who had to take over when the starter went down) but they can and should find a much better one. If the much better one also happened to come from the Evil Empire, eh, what can you do.

Is it any different than a pitt and steeler fan not rooting for a nitter who was drafted by the steelers? This board trashes Franco, who at one point was the #5 all time leading rusher in NFL history.

I love the steelers but not only do I root against Jesse James, I actually want to see him injured. I hated Whitman too.

I did like that OL we had though, he seemed like a class act. Forget his name now but we picked him up later in his career, he was solid. Think he played for psu on those Kerry Collins teams.

Local Pittsburgh kid, now playing for the steelers. I have nothing at all against him. I mean if he played at Pitt I would be even more of a fan of him, but he's on the steelers now I don't care where he went to college.

Is it any different than a pitt and steeler fan not rooting for a nitter who was drafted by the steelers? This board trashes Franco, who at one point was the #5 all time leading rusher in NFL history.

I love the steelers but not only do I root against Jesse James, I actually want to see him injured. I hated Whitman too.

I did like that OL we had though, he seemed like a class act. Forget his name now but we picked him up later in his career, he was solid. Think he played for psu on those Kerry Collins teams.
You can respect Harris for things he accomplished as a Steeler. I definitely liked him when he was a player (though too young to really know or care about his college team).

You cannot in any measure admire him any longer due to his over the top toadying for Paterno and Sandusky after the rape exposure. Versus someone such as Jack Ham, who was wise and decent enough at least to mostly keep his mouth shut about it and absorb the disgrace with proper humility.

Get them autographed and hang them on your wall. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT