ADVERTISEMENT

Jasper!!!!!!

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

I previously posted that he was assigned to RSL's reserve squad but they had a change of heart. RSL signed him to a 1 year deal yesterday and he came on in the 93rd minute in their season-opening match at PNC Stadium (weird) vs Houston.

What a great story. He was playing in the German 4th Division while going to college and had graduated with a job offer from KPMG, which he was going to take until Jay Vidovich found him and sold him on going to grad school at Pitt and giving soccer one more go. Now, he is in MLS, probably with an MBA.

BTW, anyone know the NCAA's amateurism rules regarding soccer? Are they different because I cant imagine the German 4th Division pays $0. They dont make much, probably less than $10,000 per year but its something.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

I previously posted that he was assigned to RSL's reserve squad but they had a change of heart. RSL signed him to a 1 year deal yesterday and he came on in the 93rd minute in their season-opening match at PNC Stadium (weird) vs Houston.

What a great story. He was playing in the German 4th Division while going to college and had graduated with a job offer from KPMG, which he was going to take until Jay Vidovich found him and sold him on going to grad school at Pitt and giving soccer one more go. Now, he is in MLS, probably with an MBA.

BTW, anyone know the NCAA's amateurism rules regarding soccer? Are they different because I cant imagine the German 4th Division pays $0. They dont make much, probably less than $10,000 per year but its something.
Thanks for the post. But I have no idea about the NCAA amateurism rule. Ask the pgh soccer blogger. Lol.

Wow. I check the RSL score and lineup at halftime of Duke/VT and see Jasper is in the game but its in the 93rd minute. I turn it on and, I kid you not, 20 seconds later, RSL goes from a GK to midfield, 2 passes down the left side to Jasper, he lays it off to an RSL player......GOAL. RSL wins 3-2. Last kick of the game, assisted by the Pitt legend!

ADVERTISEMENT