ADVERTISEMENT

Jawara?

With presumably more depth but still not a ton of high-end talent next year, any chance we utilize extended pressing or some other type of unorthodox style of play to help mask any talent disparities? Seems like we've been relatively effective pressing under Capel in the short spurts we've done it.

Just saw Capel. Asked him about this dude. Obviously didn't get much out of jeff but said they're going n after him good because they need shooters.
He just kept saying we need shooters.
I asked him about the twins too, but same stuff

Just saw Capel. Asked him about this dude. Obviously didn't get much out of jeff but said they're going n after him good because they need shooters.
He just kept saying we need shooters.
I asked him about the twins too, but same stuff
Joey Baker is a shooter 👀

Seen a couple articles that mention Baker and Pitt as a reasonable destination. This would be a monumental get, quality playing time for him and quality basketball for us.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I know Baker didn’t necessarily play like a fringe five star guy at Duke and he just had a hip surgery, but adding Jawara and Baker would result in this being a pretty solid offseason, all things considered, and would result in the most talented, positionally-balanced roster from 1-13 that we’ve had in a while.

I’d have questions about the top-end talent (I think a best case scenario would put it in the middle of the pack in the ACC), but I’d be interested. And I think it’d be the first time in a while that we’d have 12-13 guys who you think can legitimately play in this league without (too much) wishful thinking.

I know Baker didn’t necessarily play like a fringe five star guy at Duke and he just had a hip surgery, but adding Jawara and Baker would result in this being a pretty solid offseason, all things considered, and would result in the most talented, positionally-balanced roster from 1-13 that we’ve had in a while.

I’d have questions about the top-end talent (I think a best case scenario would put it in the middle of the pack in the ACC), but I’d be interested. And I think it’d be the first time in a while that we’d have 12-13 guys who you think can legitimately play in this league without (too much) wishful thinking.

I like your optimism, I can't share it though. I can't come up with 12 players I think can legitimately play in the ACC. Fede? Twins (maybe down the road)? Santos? Jeffress?

Sure hope to read a post in 10 months telling me how wrong I was.

I like your optimism, I can't share it though. I can't come up with 12 players I think can legitimately play in the ACC. Fede? Twins (maybe down the road)? Santos? Jeffress?

Sure hope to read a post in 10 months telling me how wrong I was.
Fede is the only guy in that lineup that I have serious questions about whether they can be ACC players, to the same level that I have serious concerns about the player being on the same level of Amadasun, Payton, Oladapo, Drumgoole (who I thought would be good), Samson George, Kham Davis, Peace, etc.

There’s a chance that the twins flop, sure. And you can argue whether Jeffress or Santos will be above-average ACC players, or starter level players. But I think they’ve surpassed that admittedly low bar of “just cannot play at all at this level” - especially Jeffress.

Reactions: cabe23

I don’t know if we still have a chance with Rondel Walker or not. I would rather land Walker than Baker.

I don’t know if we still have a chance with Rondel Walker or not. I would rather land Walker than Baker.

What is it you like about him? I see a 30% three point shooter with a negative assist/to rate. Am I missing something?

There’s definitely some questions regarding Santos and Jeffress’ ability to contribute at the ACC level, but the upside is there and same with the twins. Fede on the other hand feels like a Capel addition from the previous offseasons. But top to bottom this is going to be the most talented team in the Capel era especially if they land Jawara and/or Baker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT