ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Capel is a flying machine

steel_curtain

All Conference
Nov 9, 2014
-3 Visits to Wahab in the last few weeks.

-2 visits to Walker in the last week, one before and after the Rhode Island visit, we are recruiting way harder then Rhode Island

-Now back in Virginia targeting Coleman, Timberlake, and Dickinson

-After leaving Connecticut for Akok and Langford

-Pitt stopped recruiting Gaffney who chose Uconn, Wong is going to Miami, and Cockburn cut his list to 8 which Pitt made

-Ajak visits unofficially early October and will visit Syracuse and VCU on officials. Ajak is our backup option as the Orange appear to be out for Wahab. The Orange are targeting Ajak.

-Pitt looks to be in the drivers seat for Wahab and Walker

-Not a lot of chatter on Morton who continues to visit Big Ten schools.

-Notre Dame is throwing the full court press on Ledlum. Pitt and Capel saw him a week ago.

-A lot of action going on opposed to Sleepy Stallings.

-Capel is a flying machine. And, I like the fact he recruits certain players hard and is relentless. Closers close while excuse makers make excuses. Capel is making things happen.

Akok Akok takes his last official visit to Pitt October 23rd. We made the Top 5, Capel just visited him

I also love the fact when I browse around everyone is worried about "Pitt" taking their recruits.

It also seems we are short on official visits and are being very selective as to who gets one.

Akok Akok takes his last official visit to Pitt October 23rd. We made the Top 5, Capel just visited him

I also love the fact when I browse around everyone is worried about "Pitt" taking their recruits.

It also seems we are short on official visits and are being very selective as to who gets one.
Capel will give us fans what we need !

What places are worried about Pitt taking their recruits? That’s always nice to hear

From what I’ve heard, the recruits and their coaches/parents/handlers/whatever really like Capel but that it’s a long shot to catch up on a lot of the 2019 kids were after because, for the most part, we got into the mix late. I’m very hopeful on Wahab, but after that it’s going to be tough.

From what I’ve heard, the recruits and their coaches/parents/handlers/whatever really like Capel but that it’s a long shot to catch up on a lot of the 2019 kids were after because, for the most part, we got into the mix late. I’m very hopeful on Wahab, but after that it’s going to be tough.
Walker and Wahab look like the priorities. Kofi and Akok more long shots but you at least have a chance if you get an official.
I’m hopeful they are still in play for Ledlum too. They weren’t late on him at least because they were his first P5 offer.

-Heard from whom? All of our major targets are still in play except Oscar who is getting paid by either WV or Kentucky and Igiehon who is likely headed to Louisville unless Oregon steals. If Igiehon goes to Ville they are probably done in 2019.

-Players like Gaffney and Wong were not at the top of our priority list. We need post players in this class, not guards.

-Its not hard to figure out who the priority is. Capel has seen Walker 4 times in the last 30 days, and he was on our campus twice. Capel also saw Wahab 4 times and he was also on our campus twice, once with Capel and once with the last staff. These 2 are priority along with Akok and Cockburn who said 3 months ago he would visit Pitt.

-Capel is putting out effort in the frontcourt and with Ledlum. The rest of the effort has gone to 2020 and 2021.

-The only other guy out there is Cole Anthony. And predictions with him is like throwing darts at a board.

Walker and Wahab look like the priorities. Kofi and Akok more long shots but you at least have a chance if you get an official.
I’m hopeful they are still in play for Ledlum too. They weren’t late on him at least because they were his first P5 offer.

-This is correct. Except no one knows where Cockburn and Akok are leaning, thats random message board garbage from fans and slanted media. A prediction made 6 months ago without a commit is a worthless prediction

Reactions: centerave
Walker quotes per the VCU board

What stuck out about your three trips?

Illinois: “It was sweet. Anthony Higgs went to my high school and he went to Illinois so it was good to catch back up with him. I got to see the coaching staff and actually got to play with the team in open gym so it was a fun experience for my first official.”

Pittsburgh: “Everything. They were consistent. Everything they told me over the phone, they reiterated to me in person and in my face. Being able to talk to the whole coaching staff, it was a good experience.”

Rhode Island: “They came out very strong on their official. They showed me a lot of things about the future if I decided to go that program. They showed what they would do with me. I got to watch the practices, meet the players and hangout with the players so it was fun.”

-2 visits to Walker in the last week, one before and after the Rhode Island visit, we are recruiting way harder then Rhode Island

-Pitt stopped recruiting Gaffney who chose Uconn, Wong is going to Miami, and Cockburn cut his list to 8 which Pitt made

-Ajak visits unofficially early October and will visit Syracuse and VCU on officials. Ajak is our backup option as the Orange appear to be out for Wahab. The Orange are targeting Ajak.

-Notre Dame is throwing the full court press on Ledlum. Pitt and Capel saw him a week ago.

-Capel is a flying machine. And, I like the fact he recruits certain players hard and is relentless. Closers close while excuse makers make excuses. Capel is making things happen.
We will see!!!!

Well if that's in stone.....bagman bring us the goods,asap brother!!!!!

Corey Evans

@coreyevans_10

·
21h

Pitt’s Jeff Capel was in today for top-50 junior Henry Coleman; he visited Maryland over the weekend
@PantherLair

Henry Coleman | Rivals.com

Walker quotes per the VCU board

What stuck out about your three trips?

Illinois: “It was sweet. Anthony Higgs went to my high school and he went to Illinois so it was good to catch back up with him. I got to see the coaching staff and actually got to play with the team in open gym so it was a fun experience for my first official.”

Pittsburgh: “Everything. They were consistent. Everything they told me over the phone, they reiterated to me in person and in my face. Being able to talk to the whole coaching staff, it was a good experience.”

Rhode Island: “They came out very strong on their official. They showed me a lot of things about the future if I decided to go that program. They showed what they would do with me. I got to watch the practices, meet the players and hangout with the players so it was fun.”

Hopefully, Capel tells him Rhody is in the A10. I am sorry but an ACC shouldn't lose a player to the A10. Dixon liked to do that but it cant continue

Reactions: Drew1208
Pitt makes Final 5 for Akok, Akok's coach on Capel and Pitt coming on hard

”I haven’t talked to him about the teams but obviously Pitt must’ve really impressed him because they came in pretty late,” said Espinosa. “Providence, Syracuse, Georgetown have been recruiting him for two years now and have been here a lot but Pitt has really come on late. Maryland, Virginia Tech and others were trying hard but Pitt made the list. I’m not sure sure of the connection but they’re obviously doing something right.”

-Im getting enjoyment out of the fact we have a Coach and staff recruiting their asses off and outworking other teams in a way better position then Pitt right now. And Pitt is closing hard

-I also cant wait because Capel had the players work their ass off this offseason, and this year is going to be night and day better then last year.

-I also love the fact every player we recruit is an athletic specimen. No more bullshit with players that cant touch the rim and smurf guards with no speed or athletic ability.

Reactions: Elsalvador
-Im getting enjoyment out of the fact we have a Coach and staff recruiting their asses off and outworking other teams in a way better position then Pitt right now. And Pitt is closing hard

-I also cant wait because Capel had the players work their ass off this offseason, and this year is going to be night and day better then last year.

-I also love the fact every player we recruit is an athletic specimen. No more bullshit with players that cant touch the rim and smurf guards with no speed or athletic ability.

Steel your posts sometimes get me fired up !!!

H2P !

-Heard from whom? All of our major targets are still in play except Oscar who is getting paid by either WV or Kentucky and Igiehon who is likely headed to Louisville unless Oregon steals. If Igiehon goes to Ville they are probably done in 2019.

-Players like Gaffney and Wong were not at the top of our priority list. We need post players in this class, not guards.

-Its not hard to figure out who the priority is. Capel has seen Walker 4 times in the last 30 days, and he was on our campus twice. Capel also saw Wahab 4 times and he was also on our campus twice, once with Capel and once with the last staff. These 2 are priority along with Akok and Cockburn who said 3 months ago he would visit Pitt.

-Capel is putting out effort in the frontcourt and with Ledlum. The rest of the effort has gone to 2020 and 2021.

-The only other guy out there is Cole Anthony. And predictions with him is like throwing darts at a board.
You are right Steel,Huggy cheats!

Whatever the reason, OT's recruitment in regards to Pitt was bizarre. The kid states how much he liked Capel then just drops them. I realize this is more to do with his handler but bizarre nonetheless.

You are right Steel,Huggy cheats!

-Anthony Walker gets another Crystal Ball to Pitt from rivals.com. We are by far the leader, time to close

-Pitt has watched Karim Coulibaly twice recently along with Uconn and will be meeting with him again. This kid is rising, ESPN bumped him to a 4 star. Strong player on defense with upside. This is about the 5th or 6th player Capel has recruited early before other programs started jumping in and the recruit started rising in the ranks. I find this impressive. The only player that has fallen in the rankings is Wahab who was a Top 50-60 player a year ago. Interesting on Wahab, he also has huge upside, with major offers all over the place.

Hopefully, Capel tells him Rhody is in the A10. I am sorry but an ACC shouldn't lose a player to the A10. Dixon liked to do that but it cant continue

Aren't you the one who constantly talks about how conferences don't matter and it's more about coaches and getting into the NBA?

Be consistent.

Yes I do. I was being sarcastic. It bothers me to no end that kids don't care about conferences. Rhody SHOULD NOT even be considered.

Yes I do. I was being sarcastic. It bothers me to no end that kids don't care about conferences. Rhody SHOULD NOT even be considered.

Why does it bother you? It's been shown time and time again that conference affiliation isn't a huge deal in terms of being noticed by NBA scouts.

-The only reason this is a discussion point is because Pitt won 8 games last year and was 0-19 in the ACC and Stallings and Barnes successfully wrecked our team.

-In 2 years this wont even be a discussion point. Smurfs like Rhode Island and VCU will be a joke in comparison to us. We have conference championships in power leagues and 1 seeds in the Ncaa Tournament.

-Every college in America is using negative recruiting against us because of last year.

-Winning 16+ games this year in year 1 and we would steamroll midmajor programs a year from now in recruiting and no one with a brain would even consider a school like Rhode Island or VCU in the future over Capel from Duke.

-Our class last year was dam good, it will show on the court in the future. If a player like Walker wants to play in a midmajor 3rd rate high school league like the A-10, thats on him. The A-10 is a joke.

Whatever the reason, OT's recruitment in regards to Pitt was bizarre. The kid states how much he liked Capel then just drops them. I realize this is more to do with his handler but bizarre nonetheless.
Oscar Tshiebwe is going to end up at Kentucky.I guess Huggy didn't offer enough?

I wasn't inferring one way or the other just commenting on his interest in Pitt.

He's a great player that would have looked great at the Pete.

Oscar Tshiebwe is going to end up at Kentucky.I guess Huggy didn't offer enough?

I wasn't inferring one way or the other just commenting on his interest in Pitt.

He's a great player that would have looked great at the Pete.
He would without a doubt ,but Pitt over Kentucky isn't going to happen .

Thanks for all the updates @steel_curtain

Hopefully Pitt gets some more positive news, maybe a commitment, in the coming months. Walker seems like the most plausible. Pitt is in many Final group lists. Capel and crew are late to the party, but are definitely making up a ton of ground.

Stinks to see how Chris Mack is doing at Louisville, but Louisville has been a top program for a while now, plus Mack was doing his thing at Xavier.

Thanks for all the updates @steel_curtain

Hopefully Pitt gets some more positive news, maybe a commitment, in the coming months. Walker seems like the most plausible. Pitt is in many Final group lists. Capel and crew are late to the party, but are definitely making up a ton of ground.

Stinks to see how Chris Mack is doing at Louisville, but Louisville has been a top program for a while now, plus Mack was doing his thing at Xavier.

-Walker will announce in the next few weeks I think. He isnt even visiting Kansas. Wahab most likely is early signing too.

-I would also keep a very close eye on this other 4 star Pitt and Uconn are looking at at power forward. This kid has game and is supposed to be a menace on defense and Capel likes him.

-Ive heard there is a decent chance Ledlum goes Harvard. Maybe even Yale. Im good with that because we are on wings in 2020. This Coulibaly kid is one hell of a backup option and Im not even sure he is a backup option. He's ranked higher then Walker and Wahab on ESPN. I like all 3 of them and would take all 3. Its our frontcourt that needs help the most.

Reactions: Drew1208
ADVERTISEMENT