ADVERTISEMENT

jerk, made a business decision

Who cares what Slovis does statistically at BYU? It has no relevance on Pitt.
If he struggles there under another OC, then he may very well have been the reason he did not do as well as expected at Pitt. If he goes to BYU and shines under a different OC, then that may help support those who believe that cignetti's offense was the issue.

If he struggles there under another OC, then he may very well have been the reason he did not do as well as expected at Pitt. If he goes to BYU and shines under a different OC, then that may help support those who believe that cignetti's offense was the issue.
If he’s sharp - it will hurt

But won’t Matter

BYU has been slinging the football all over the field for 40+ years. Didn't matter if their QB was good or bad, it's what they do.

Also, stats don't tell the entire story of your play. Lots of teams who lose games 50-40 put up good offensive stats.

I don't care what Slovis does at BYU. I care what happens at Pitt. That's what will dictate Cignetti's future.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
BYU has been slinging the football all over the field for 40+ years. Didn't matter if their QB was good or bad, it's what they do.

Also, stats don't tell the entire story of your play. Lots of teams who lose games 50-40 put up good offensive stats.

I don't care what Slovis does at BYU. I care what happens at Pitt. That's what will dictate Cignetti's future.
Exactly.. There are a bunch of guys putting up great #'s on .500 teams.

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga

Gunga...You are not alone when it comes to caring about what happens at Pitt. I care about the football program as well and that is why I am not thrilled with cignetii keeping his job. I think his offense took a decent QB like Slovis and made him look lost and unprepared. It also took one of th better young TE's in the country and made him look invisible for most of the season.
In today's college football, you need to put up points to win games, gain national recognition so that pollsters notice you. Don't see that happening with cignetti's offense.

Gunga...You are not alone when it comes to caring about what happens at Pitt. I care about the football program as well and that is why I am not thrilled with cignetii keeping his job. I think his offense took a decent QB like Slovis and made him look lost and unprepared. It also took one of th better young TE's in the country and made him look invisible for most of the season.
In today's college football, you need to put up points to win games, gain national recognition so that pollsters notice you. Don't see that happening with cignetti's offense.
Not to be a contrarian but Pitt won nine games and finished ranked. It wasn't always pretty but the results are pretty favorable.

I disagree. Slovis is/was a pretty average QB who was hurt, missed time, and they still scored 31 points a game.

I'd like to see them use Gavin more, but I'd also like to see Gavin catch the balls thrown to him. He shares blame in his lack of production.

if Jurkovic is good, im going to really like him and may even learn how to spell his name, if he's another Slovis or Max Browne, then im not really going to like him and may say some really awful things..

i am sure he will lose sleep over trying to win my affection too.

Absolutely. But now that he’s made it, he’s out of options. PJ has to make his mark for Pitt and shows he’s pro material THIS SEASON. If not that’s likely the end of the road for him. So he ought to have a LOT of incentive to produce.
and shows he’s pro material...uh, did you not watch this kid throw? His passes resembled angled punts. There is no mark to make.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT