ADVERTISEMENT

Jimmy Franks blames AD for being an inspiration to upcoming prep linemen

It sounds as if, instead of talking to his guys directly, he’s being passive aggressive, and going through the media.

At least that’s how it comes across to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: pittdan77
It sounds as if, instead of talking directly to his guys directly, he’s being passive aggressive, and going through the media.

At least that’s how it comes across to me.
I think you are probably on to something there. Funny how a kid he would like to flip is exactly what he was talking about.

I'm sorry but when I see him speak I'm reminded of "Fair deal Dan" .
The fast talking weasel car salesman that duped Herman on an episode of the Munsters ...

What was that comedian's name ? ...

Old timers, help me out ?

Reactions: ShipofFools
Ha ! Just read that also .
Yep . He used to play the Holiday House . An old night club in Monroeville, Pa. .. He was a great actor and one hell of an impressionist ...
I remember the Holiday House. I grew up near Wilkinsburg. Used to go to Monroeville Mall all the time.

When you think about it...duping Herman Munster didn't require much effort...LOL.

Reactions: mike 301
I remember the Holiday House. I grew up near Wilkinsburg. Used to go to Monroeville Mall all the time.

When you think about it...duping Herman Munster didn't require much effort...LOL.
Yeah. But if I remember correctly didn't they ultimately get that bad assed hearse out of the deal ? I loved the Munsters ...

Yeah. But if I remember correctly didn't they ultimately get that bad assed hearse out of the deal ? I loved the Munsters ...
We stream YouTube TV that also features Freevee TV. That stream has channels dedicated to old TV programs. One of them is the Munsters. I used to watch them growing up too. Might have to tune in a few episodes.

Loved the family transport too.

Reactions: mike 301
Narduzzi likes to complain about plenty of things, too, but Franklin seems to be whiniest of all of the FBS coaches. He just doesn't seem like someone I would like to be spending a lot of time with.

Guys - you make it sound like he called a press conference to announce this.

Here's the context - for many years, going back to 2019, Franklin hasn't been very happy with his DT play. He believes against good OL's his DT's get mauled at the point of attack and many of them have to be schemed to get pressure on the QB.

I'm assuming he's talking about his own guys thinking they're going to be better players if they try to start preparing for the NFL now by trying to be AD. He's right, most guys even dropping all the weight in the world can't do what AD does. Most would be better served playing like a traditional DT.

But, I agree - he is a douche.

Maybe he ought to blame himself for running off his Dline coach into the waiting arms of Urban Myer at Ohio State.
Franklin is the quintessential narcissistic coach. He probably blames farmers for the odor of human feces too..,he ought to know because he is a glaring POS!

Here's the context - for many years, going back to 2019, Franklin hasn't been very happy with his DT play. He believes against good OL's his DT's get mauled at the point of attack and many of them have to be schemed to get pressure on the QB.

I'm assuming he's talking about his own guys thinking they're going to be better players if they try to start preparing for the NFL now by trying to be AD. He's right, most guys even dropping all the weight in the world can't do what AD does. Most would be better served playing like a traditional DT.

If it has been going on that long, then he needs to look in the mirror. Either he needs to recruit different players, hire a different position coach, hire a different S&C coach, or stop being aloof and change his messaging so that he can connect with his players and staff. But if it's been going on for 4 years, then he has nobody to blame but himself and whining isn't going to fix it.

After reading the article, he wasn't taking a shot at AD as much as he's complaining about DT's wanting to be playmakers. I think, and I'm just guessing, he wants the DT's to absorb blocks and let the LB's make plays. The NFL likes athletic guys. They do lean towards size but it's not like Vita Vea can't move. Dude ran a 5.1 at 347 pounds.

I don't really know what to think of his comments. I mean, didn't he flip Kevin Givens a couple of days before NLI day? He's also pretty small and Givens just signed a $1.7 million contract.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT