Joe Biden‘s Energy Plan Would Eviscerate Wisconsin Sand Miners

SomewhereInTheMiddle

Scholarship
Jun 8, 2020
stein,

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’re not an paid poster. Do you know what sand mining is and what it truly adds to fracking and thus the energy industry?

gerrypitt

Scholarship
Jan 20, 2011
Sunny sles Fl
stein,

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’re not an paid poster. Do you know what sand mining is and what it truly adds to fracking and thus the energy industry?
Yes, when you frack you pump fluids along with sand that fills the crack you created during fracturing to allow it to remain open after you're done fracturing. This crack allows the oil and gas to flow to the well. If you don't use sand the fracture will close back up.

Reactions: Jim Z

pittbb80

Athletic Director
Oct 9, 2004
Yes, when you frack you pump fluids along with sand that fills the crack you created during fracturing to allow it to remain open after you're done fracturing. This crack allows the oil and gas to flow to the well. If you don't use sand the fracture will close back up.
True but I doubt banning fracking will kill the sand business. That’s a bit of an over statement

superstein61a

Senior
Mar 31, 2019
stein,

Sand is a vital component of fracking. You have to pump sand in with the fluids to prop open the cracks to ease the extraction of natural gas

I used to invest in a number of energy companies in my portfolio, including one company that provides sand for fracking, so I am well versed in what is involved. That said, I have been out of many of those investments for years as I switched my focus as I was within 10 years of retirement

pittmeister

All Conference
May 26, 2010
The problem is that Joe isn't going to ban fracking. Let's make a bet.
You still don’t understand...

Stop the mantra about Joe not banning fracking. Joe ain’t running things. Joe is just a figurehead. If Joe wins it won’t be long there after when Pelosi will invoke the 25th amendment...No, Joe might not end fracking, but Kamala will.

The Harris Administration will stop fracking, don’t doubt it for one second...

Reactions: superstein61a

HailtoPitt

Chancellor
Jun 18, 2001
You still don’t understand...

Stop the mantra about Joe not banning fracking. Joe ain’t running things. Joe is just a figurehead. If Joe wins it won’t be long there after when Pelosi will invoke the 25th amendment...No, Joe might not end fracking, but Kamala will.

The Harris Administration will stop fracking, don’t doubt it for one second...
Kamala won't either. I promise.

Latest posts