ADVERTISEMENT

Johnny Majors Classic

I enjoyed the hell out of it, but it also happened to coincide with our best 2-year run in like 40 years, so it probably wouldn't take very long before the returns started to feel diminished. Between that and the fact that we're already in a conference revenue and NIL hole, no way in hell would it make sense to play this every year when West Virginia is already on the schedule.

I'd of enjoyed playing this game much better than playing wvcc. We'll get better H2P

In an ideal world, things like that Tennessee series are what makes college football amazing. Believe me - I'd love to have a lot more of those types of series.

It just sucks that there is very little incentive to do that anymore, so schools are scheduling Eastern Mid-Atlantic Butthole State University for the Blind and Deaf, instead.

just about to post it about the fact we had a Pickett Heisman type year when we beat them there and a nine win team which shouldhave been a 11 win team when we lost to them at home. We cant afford a losing record in tge four ooc games or even a split. We need to win at least three . The West Va. game is enough since every few years or so weplay ND who we have given out over 100 points to inthe last two games. One power team is enough especially scheduling a good SEC ream in this new era of pay to play. Our history of these type of series Is not good. And to play Wisconsin twice wihout a home game is absurd. I am sure Luke Fickell will have them in the top fifteen or better by then.

just about to post it about the fact we had a Pickett Heisman type year when we beat them there and a nine win team which shouldhave been a 11 win team when we lost to them at home. We cant afford a losing record in tge four ooc games or even a split. We need to win at least three . The West Va. game is enough since every few years or so weplay ND who we have given out over 100 points to inthe last two games. One power team is enough especially scheduling a good SEC ream in this new era of pay to play. Our history of these type of series Is not good. And to play Wisconsin twice wihout a home game is absurd. I am sure Luke Fickell will have them in the top fifteen or better by then.
The Wisky game makes no sense. When scheduling a non conference game the following checklist should be used.
1) Does the game increase ticket sales?
2) Is there a good chance we win?
3) Does playing them on road help recruiting in any way?
4) If the answer is “no” to all of the above, then schedule someone else.

Reactions: jctrack
The Wisky game makes no sense. When scheduling a non conference game the following checklist should be used.
Yeah I hated that we scheduled wisky which doesn't benefit us at all without a home game.

If Heather leaves for greener pastures by then, I am hoping the new AD buys out of this series. This is the worst series we've ever scheduled. 2 guaranteed losses without even getting a home game. I'd rather go down to Bama or over to Ohio State for a one-off "buy game" than playing 2 road games vs Wisconsin. And Dublin will be 80% Wisconsin fans. A road game.

will we call the Wisky game “The Paul Christ Classic?”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT