ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Mayer - Butthurt…

pittmeister

Heisman Winner
May 26, 2010
Coach [Charlie] Partridge reached out the other day but I’m not interested. It was kind of a slap in the face that they never showed interest in me before.”

Coach [Charlie] Partridge reached out the other day but I’m not interested. It was kind of a slap in the face that they never showed interest in me before.”

Then by that criteria he will only choose from the schools that already offered. Otherwise, the kid is a hypocrite.

Have him complete the LBRF right away!

60103b3c940c2.jpeg

Last edited:
Then by that criteria he will only choose from the schools that already offered. Otherwise, the kid is a hypocrite.
You’re correct…..I wonder if he felt insulted when WVU or PSU didn’t show interest in him until recently?

I don’t think Cruce Brookins feels the same way…

He is a product of what a lot of gym teachers and local media think of Pitt.

Plus didn't this clown pull a "respect my decision" and decommit from Boston College when he got offered by Wisconsin?

Reactions: singregardless
I was reading an article a few months ago on him and it sounded like he grew up a Hoopie fan and had a relative(s) that went to that garbage school.

I thought the narrative was that we like him at tight end and he wants to play defense.

But whatever. He can go be the next Tyler Sear elsewhere, I guess.

Speaking of Mayer, I thought he looked better at TE then DE tbh. He's a good prospect for sure but I thought he kind of got handled by Belle Vernon last year.

He did pretty well for a Ringold kid though :)

Watched him play just once this year and he wasnt even noticeable. Had zero impact on the game.

I am sure there are plenty of recruits arrogant enough to think stuff like this, but you have to be a little stupid to express that thought out loud to Mike Vukovcan.

Reactions: 303vND

LOL, out of the six schools he said he's hear from, only one had offered in the past. However, Pitt is the one who slapped him in the face. He belongs in Morgantown with those losers.

This is what I hate about these local kids, their coaches and their parents. They think Pitt is supposed to offer their kids. And they will tell Pitt, thanks, and if no one better comes along that we like, we may grace you with our commitment.

But PSU or even WVU doesn't offer at first then comes in after a more evaluation (or now room) and they don't hold a grudge. But Pitt they do.

Screw you WPIAL heroes.

This is what I hate about these local kids, their coaches and their parents. They think Pitt is supposed to offer their kids. And they will tell Pitt, thanks, and if no one better comes along that we like, we may grace you with our commitment.

But PSU or even WVU doesn't offer at first then comes in after a more evaluation (or now room) and they don't hold a grudge. But Pitt they do.

Screw you WPIAL heroes.
Agree - and most of these WPIAL heroes are way overrated.

Screw you WPIAL heroes.
Devil's Advocate time..

What if you grew up loving PITT and sent countless tape, went to every combine, and you produced as a player enough to find love elsewhere? Do you think you should take it from behind just because the girl you once loved struck out and now is interested in you?

Devil's Advocate time..

What if you grew up loving PITT and sent countless tape, went to every combine, and you produced as a player enough to find love elsewhere? Do you think you should take it from behind just because the girl you once loved struck out and now is interested in you?
As Narduzzi said, he has to be more sure locally because pulling or slow playing a local has deeper ramifications. It is a tight walk. Let's be honest, 25 years ago, none of these kids actually really committed anywhere until after their senior seasons.

It used to be that Senior seasons actually meant something. Now, you need to have your class finalized before fall practice. How many kids get really upgraded based on how they played their Sr year? Not only recruiting wise, but even star ranking wise.

Reactions: pittmeister
Devil's Advocate time..

Good point.

But there’s a flip side. There was a girl that really loved him (BC). But instead of embracing her, when something better came along (Wisconsin), he threw her in the back of the closet like an old shoe…..

It works both ways. He shouldn’t get all bent because he didn’t get the attention he wanted from the girl next door (Pitt).

I’ve always told my son to keep part of yourself to yourself. The wise move is to say nothing negative about any school. All that matters is who you end up with and are happy…

Since we're using relationship metaphors in recruiting and transferring, look at players who transferred to schools where their girlfriends were. That is Slovis and Jurkovic. Slovis' girl transferred away, and Jurkovic just hit the portal.
QBs don't need girlfriends. They are a distraction. Metaphorically speaking, you don't want them throwing the ball to the same receiver every play. You have to share the love.
They should spread their seed far and wide, it benefits the team (but not the way the BB team did it a few years ago). In this setting, proper pass protection is advised.

Devil's Advocate time..

If I was a 3 star high school recruit and loved Pitt, I would absolutely be happy if they called me in November. Especially if they have shown to be pretty good at recruiting and developing defensive linemen.

He's acting more like a 5 star guy. Seems like the entitled Pittsburgher who expects to get the job because Uncle Steve works there in management.

ADVERTISEMENT