ADVERTISEMENT

Juelz Goff vs. Jaheim White, anybody know why Goff has no stars and White is a 5.7 three star?

Jakhny

Scholarship
Jul 8, 2016
Fair question considering their similar stated size and the close proximity of their respective high schools (72 miles). Their stats are different but tough to say one's is better than the other's.

One of the best things this staff does is look at recruits and project what they will be like down the road…

How many times has this staff gotten a commitment from a player that had only a few offers, had a big senior season and then had to fight off other schools until LOI day?

How impressive were Bartholomew’s offers? Dennis? Pinnock? How about some of their lineman?

Like I said on a previous post, I have seen many videos of 4 Star players that were less impressive than Goff…

I hear you and agree the staff has an excellent record of finding diamonds in the rough. But the question remains unanswered. Goff's stats alone merit him minimally being a 3 star. If Goff didn't have great junior year stats, I may not have asked the question. But he did. He rushed for 1611 yards and 24 touchdowns and caught 24 pass for 355 yards and 5 touchdowns. And he had 2 kickoff returns for touchdowns. That's over 2000 all purpose yards and 31 touchdowns. How does that not get a kid at least 3 stars?

Jaheim White had 1 power 5 offer in WVU that was committable.

White is very small. Maybe 5'7, 5'8 in height. He's stocky. Average straight line speed.

Goff is faster and the better overall player. His film late in the season where they're running basically single wing stood out to me.

Stats mean virtually nothing in recruiting. Ethan Knox from Oil City is literally rewriting the stat book and has zero stars.

Reactions: singregardless
Fair question considering their similar stated size and the close proximity of their respective high schools (72 miles). Their stats are different but tough to say one's is better than the other's.

Rivals ranking staff are lazy hacks?

As Werewolf said... he hasn't been rated yet. For whatever reason. Hard to believe White was rated so high considering he only was offered by WV, Bowling Green, and Louisville. Goff already has more and better offers and will continue to grow the list.

Reactions: pittmeister
SCC, thank you for the answer. Took awhile but I knew someone would come through.

If you're getting ranked as a 10th grader or younger it's usually due to 1 or 2 things -

#1. You attended a Rivals sponsored event. Every kid who does will get an automatic profile and often you'll get an evaluation.

#2. You're a 1%er with a bunch of P5 offers early on.

The rest usually have to wait.

SCC said "a lot of that class (2024) hasn't been ranked yet". He didn't say it hasn't been ranked. For me the important point is that White is in the class of 2023 and Goff is in the class of 2024. I didn't know that.

One of the best things this staff does is look at recruits and project what they will be like down the road…

How many times has this staff gotten a commitment from a player that had only a few offers, had a big senior season and then had to fight off other schools until LOI day?

How impressive were Bartholomew’s offers? Dennis? Pinnock? How about some of their lineman?

Like I said on a previous post, I have seen many videos of 4 Star players that were less impressive than Goff…

Actually Duzz sucks at recruiting overall and lazy and doesn’t try hard, so he goes after the next level, see 45 to 55 ranked classes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT