ADVERTISEMENT

Jurkovec to Pitt

Whatever, just win.
I just don't like the constant changing.
Need 2 WR's, a RB, what else am I missing ?

Whatever, just win.
I just don't like the constant changing.
Need 2 WR's, a RB, what else am I missing ?

A tight end after Bartholomew leaves and probably at least one or two offensive linemen to be in the mix and prepare for future seasons (assuming we're just limiting it to offense). Plus another QB (assuming Yarnell stays and we land a high school recruit).

Whether it was in 2018, or 2020, or 2022, Jurkovec says…
sk9nb6lgccq31.gif

I'd overpay multiple above average WRs and OLs with NIL money, because we aren't getting top guys but a good QB can get it done with some talent to protect him and throw to.

I'm not going to complain about a 6th year senior QB who knows the offense. We needed to do something for at least next year (sorry, I'm a skeptic that that 3rd stringer Yarnell is secretly the future.)

Sigh....another hyped up transfer QB. I was gonna say that I hope we at least get a decent backup for him, but they probably won't bench him if he sucks.

Sigh....another hyped up transfer QB. I was gonna say that I hope we at least get a decent backup for him, but they probably won't bench him if he sucks.
Probably already was promised he's the starter just like Slovis was told. It just doesn't stop

Reactions: ShipofFools
This is a guy that people were saying was going to replace Big Ben. So…willing to give him a shot to find it again at Pitt

(Some old threads of people praising him should be fun to dig up. Probably the same folks poo pooing it now)

Well, it’s sink or swim for Cig now. He has no more excuses. I have nothing to say on this move until next season starts…but frankly it better be clicking immediately from snap number one.

Really, the backup story is what’s interesting now. Yarnell is smart to stay because hardly any QB makes it through a season unscathed. Jurkovec isn’t likely to change that. As for Patti … I’d say the same, but it depends if he wants to go somewhere he can finally know he’s The Guy from the beginning, to see if he can lead a team full time. It would have to be a lower G5 or FCS that would want/need a one year crutch. Otherwise if he’s happy as Clipboard Cliff with us, hey, there are worse things in life.

Welcome Aboard!
If he’s healthy, then he will do well next year. He can extend and make plays with his legs which provides another dimension to the offense that Slovis the Statue never did. Confidence is the key for some players and Jurkovec plays with confidence under Cignetti.

I'm not going to complain about a 6th year senior QB who knows the offense. We needed to do something for at least next year (sorry, I'm a skeptic that that 3rd stringer Yarnell is secretly the future.)

Mentioned this in another thread, but what would make this more palatable would be if we bring in another transfer with some upside. I just want to know that if Phil starts throwing Hueys, Deweys, and Louies we're not just going to ride it out with him.

Why would he not? He never got in this year unless the first two guys weren't able to play.
Yarbell has played 3 or 4 games since soph in HS. He’s not starting anywhere especially with all of the QBs transferring. We see him on practice when he is not hurt. We know what we have with him. If that staff was thinking he could start then he would start

Reactions: ThePanthers
Jurkovec is a gamer. He has a lot of Pickett in him. He certainly isn’t afraid to run and he’s very good at it. His arm strength is as good as Pickett’s. If you believe otherwise then I suggest you look at highlights from last season and compare.

Not saying he’s the next Pickett, what I am saying is he is an upgrade…

Probably the best we were going to do in the portal. A physically gifted QB that knows the offense.

I’m not like overly excited about getting the band back together though.
BC’s offensive F+ ranking actually dropped with FCJ and PJ compared to the sh*tty Anthony Brown led offense BC had the previous year pre-FCJ..

So it’s not like we’re all hoping they can recapture the magic. That offense didn’t have much magic to begin with.

Last edited:
The negativity some of you have as we bring home a 6th year QB who knows the offense and have the possibility to win our 20th game in a two year period is pretty wild. Pitt is not going to be Alabama; Tony Dorsett is not walking through that door, Bill Fralic is not walking through that door.
Give alot of credit to our defense for the 8 wins this year. If u thought this offense was so spectacular in the losses to GT, Louisville, and UNC then more power to you. There is a reason why offense recruits bailed out on us.

Reactions: DanMarinoFan1970
A quote from PSN:

Jurkovec isn’t the pure passer that even Slovis is, but he’s a gritty, strong-armed quarterback with the ability to extend plays using his legs

Probably the best we were going to do in the portal. A physically gifted QB that knows the offense.

I’m not like overly excited about getting the band back together though.
BC’s offensive F+ ranking actually dropped with FCJ and PJ compared to the sh*tty Anthony Brown led offense BC had the previous year.

So it’s not like we’re all hoping they can recapture the magic. That offense didn’t have much magic to begin with.

That's my main issue with the whole Cignetti thing. System-wise, you can get away with a lot more in college than you can in the NFL. You don't have to run a complex, pro-style offense.

The only appeal I could see to doing so would be to attract high-end QB talent (guys who have pro aspirations, basically).

We're clearly not attracting said talent. Minchey bailed out, and the guy we just got from the transfer portal comes with more question marks than the Riddler.

So, in conjunction with the fact that it's obviously confusing the hell out of our players, what exactly are the advantages to this offensive scheme?

Reactions: SteelCityChamps
This is a guy that people were saying was going to replace Big Ben. So…willing to give him a shot to find it again at Pitt

(Some old threads of people praising him should be fun to dig up. Probably the same folks poo pooing it now)
Those people are idiots

That's my main issue with the whole Cignetti thing. System-wise, you can get away with a lot more in college than you can in the NFL. You don't have to run a complex, pro-style offense.

The only appeal I could see to doing so would be to attract high-end QB talent (guys who have pro aspirations, basically).

We're clearly not attracting said talent. Minchey bailed out, and the guy we just got from the transfer portal comes with more question marks than the Riddler.

So, in conjunction with the fact that it's obviously confusing the hell out of our players, what exactly are the advantages to this offensive scheme?
You know your not supposed to question but to answer I think Cignetti is even confused about his scheme. I'm just making light out of this BS. All this is so typical and found out that this was going to happen on Friday evening.

if jurkovec does come to pitt, look for yarnell to transfer

Why? There is no one else to compete with other than Jurkovec who will be gone in a year anyways. Has he earned something up until this point?

All of these players who hit the portal at the slightest whiff of competition or adversity rub me the wrong way. Maybe that’s just me being old.

The negativity some of you have as we bring home a 6th year QB who knows the offense and have the possibility to win our 20th game in a two year period is pretty wild. Pitt is not going to be Alabama; Tony Dorsett is not walking through that door, Bill Fralic is not walking through that door.
Lots of posters are saying, “I want this QB” “I want that QB” “I want this guy over Jurkovec”

It’s a two way street. Most top QB’s aren’t coming to Pitt regardless of whether they like Cignetti’s offense. You have a guy that knows the offense and is willing to come to Pitt and play.

He’s not going to be a savior. But I think he will do a good job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT