ADVERTISEMENT

Jurkovec

Has Narduzzi taken anyone back who has spurned him (or even entertained that idea)? I think Petrishen committed to Penn State before he even got here. But he seemed to want nothing to do with the idea of Wade coming here last year (probably worked out best for all parties), and it appears as if that might be the deal with Raines. He just doesn't strike me as the type to let go of old grudges.

Also, I believe there is a very real chance that Jurkovec isn't a very good college quarterback. They're not easy to project. Yeah, Notre Dame is a great program, but they're not exactly spitting out high-round picks at QB left and right (a few, yes... but not on the regular). If he ends up third on the depth chart there, I can't imagine he is very good.

Given those two items (admittedly, they're just my assumptions), I would paint this scenario as being unlikely.

Reactions: h2p_5150 and Tanat
i thought him and his family were in love with notre dame? If im in love with a school and a team, and im on that team, being second string wouldn't be the thing that makes me burn the bridge..

stay at nd, get a good education that's free and put on the obligatory backwards baseball cap on the sidelines and make dumb hand signals.. there are worse ways to spend 4 years in your late teens..

Hire Bob Debessee and sign Jurkovec and we win the coastal for the remainder of his eligibility.

You love those triple option guys man. I do wonder if Pitt could use some elements of that though. Especially to open it up in the redzone. Pickett might not be as fast as Jurkovec, but he has decent wheels and it tough.

Reactions: cpc247
i thought him and his family were in love with notre dame? If im in love with a school and a team, and im on that team, being second string wouldn't be the thing that makes me burn the bridge..

stay at nd, get a good education that's free and put on the obligatory backwards baseball cap on the sidelines and make dumb hand signals.. there are worse ways to spend 4 years in your late teens..
That's what he should do but he is a "can't miss superstar". His ego would never allow that.

The thing that surprised me is that Brian Kelly was noted for pitting QB's against each other and taking out the starter at the slightest transgression. He hasn't done that at all with Book/Jurkovec. He looked like the real deal when I saw him play at PR and several high school coaches I know thought the same thing. It was only mop up duty but the game I saw him in he didn't seem like he had a lot of zing on the ball. Had a cringe worthy fumble but also a decent TD drive/pass.

I would love for us to land him again but maybe he is another Joe Felitsky?

Claim a hardship and start next year. He didn't have nice things to say about Narduzzi so I would kind of doubt it.

Narduzzi recruited him hard. He saw it as negative recruiting. Maybe Narduzzi was just being honest. It’s starting to look like Narduzzi was right. Too many coaches tell these kids what they want them to hear to just get them through the door. Sometimes good local kids benefit staying home because they are less likely to lose position to injury or being recruited over.

That's what he should do but he is a "can't miss superstar". His ego would never allow that.

Yeah... folks who are not super motivated never seem to grasp the ego of folks like high level athletes, executives or... college football coaches. It’s off the charts.

Hire Bob Debessee and sign Jurkovec and we win the coastal for the remainder of his eligibility.

I always enjoy your input. If he wants to come to PITT do we take him? We have Beville on the roster and possibly Barden from that area. We are building a pipeline in Georgia. If we take Jurkovec, can this disrupt the Georgia folks? On the flip side, does taking Jurkovec make it easier to get other top Richland players? I figure you shouldn’t turn down highly regarded local kids unless they have baggage

The whole negative recruiting comment was a duck and cover maneuver by ND. They told the kid to say it after multiple people began revealing that ND, or most likely, a non-affiliate, began sending press packets to white, male recruits of articles and journal submissions from anti-white racists and anti-male sexists on competitor's campuses.

The whole negative recruiting comment was a duck and cover maneuver by ND. They told the kid to say it after multiple people began revealing that ND, or most likely, a non-affiliate, began sending press packets to white, male recruits of articles and journal submissions from anti-white racists and anti-male sexists on competitor's campuses.

what the f are you talking about?

I always enjoy your input. If he wants to come to PITT do we take him? We have Beville on the roster and possibly Barden from that area. We are building a pipeline in Georgia. If we take Jurkovec, can this disrupt the Georgia folks? On the flip side, does taking Jurkovec make it easier to get other top Richland players? I figure you shouldn’t turn down highly regarded local kids unless they have baggage

If he wants to come you take him. We have nothing at QB that should be rewarded with not taking a potential difference maker no matter if they were a local kid coming home or from far away. It is as simple as this, Pickette may not be the biggest problem this team has, but he is still a problem. Patti and Beville could not bet out Pickette so that tells me all I need to know about them. Worst case sceniro is Jurkovec comes here and is beaten out by Pickette again, at least he provided competition for Pickette.

I'm guessing if the kid transfers out, the last place he would end up is at Pitt. We were an afterthought during his recruiting and there's no evidence he is homesick or has family issues.

More importantly, say Narduzzi brings him in. What does Beville do?

I cant imagine Beville stays.

Is it worth it?

Reactions: bubba31

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

Interesting about Narduzzi and the negative recruiting. Can't say I'm surprised haha about it. Of course Pitt gets the dread of this, while PSU, WVU, ND and others don't. Par for the course. If he does transfer, I bet Jurkovec won't be interested in Pitt anyways.
Pittsburgh Media - "Pitt HAS to take him back..hometown kid, great player, family, etc. Shut up Pittsburgh writers and fan boys.

Gee, shocking. Rumors same time last year too. He'd have to sit a year and who knows if whoever recruited him would even still be there? Could do DII. Should just eat it and graduate then transfer. Does he know Whipple? I'd guess <1% he'd ever take a snap here.

I'm guessing the kid transfers out, the last place he would end up is at Pitt. We were an afterthought during his recruiting and there's no evidence he is homesick or has family issues.

I cant imagine he stays.

Is it worth it?

If Beville leaves do to competition then good riddance (not saying that to him because you are just suggesting it not him). It is one thing to leave because there is an established starter for most of your time in front of you, like Book is for Jurkovec. It is another thing to leave just because someone is coming in threatening that time. Like Tate did at Ohio St when Field's came in. Tate may have the ego but not the heart to compete at the P5 level.

Gee, shocking. Rumors same time last year too. He'd have to sit a year and who knows if whoever recruited him would even still be there? Could do DII. Should just eat it and graduate then transfer. Does he know Whipple? I'd guess <1% he'd ever take a snap here.

Isn't DiNucci out of eligibility at JMU?

I'm guessing if the kid transfers out, the last place he would end up is at Pitt. We were an afterthought during his recruiting and there's no evidence he is homesick or has family issues.

I cant imagine Beville stays.

Is it worth it?

He went to basketball games at the Pete, not an afterthought just a huge ND fan. Still surprised if he actually does transfer as he seemed the most enamored by them of all the WPIAL recruits.

Actually, the Illuminati orchestrated that plan, fully intending it to come to light and shame the Catholic Church. Of course they are too smart to do it directly, so they had the lizard people handle the actual mailing of the packets.

Actually, the Illuminati orchestrated that plan, fully intending it to come to light and shame the Catholic Church. Of course they are too smart to do it directly, so they had the lizard people handle the actual mailing of the packets.
Freakin lizard people. I’ve recently heard about these ancient lizard people. My kids now come home from school and ask me about the lizard people. My kids are asking me if I work for the lizard people.

whe da hell are the lizard people? Is this some sort of Illuminati meets ancient aliens that started life on earth theory? Cause if so, I’m sold.

Reactions: Jakey_John
Has Narduzzi taken anyone back who has spurned him (or even entertained that idea)? I think Petrishen committed to Penn State before he even got here. But he seemed to want nothing to do with the idea of Wade coming here last year (probably worked out best for all parties), and it appears as if that might be the deal with Raines. He just doesn't strike me as the type to let go of old grudges.

Also, I believe there is a very real chance that Jurkovec isn't a very good college quarterback. They're not easy to project. Yeah, Notre Dame is a great program, but they're not exactly spitting out high-round picks at QB left and right (a few, yes... but not on the regular). If he ends up third on the depth chart there, I can't imagine he is very good.

Given those two items (admittedly, they're just my assumptions), I would paint this scenario as being unlikely.

Jurkovec is very good. Saw him play in mop up duty a few weeks back and a couple throws he made were nfl level throws. He will be in the NFL if he never starts a game at ND. But I’m sure he will get atleast one full year as the starter

Jurkovec is very good. Saw him play in mop up duty a few weeks back and a couple throws he made were nfl level throws. He will be in the NFL if he never starts a game at ND. But I’m sure he will get atleast one full year as the starter

Let's think about this for a second:

Book will most likely never play in the NFL, but I'm supposed to believe the guy two strings behind him is an NFL-caliber quarterback because he made a couple good throws in mop-up duty? Max Browne made some NFL-level throws, too...

Reactions: boseman7

huh? I saw that game too. Some of the throws were okay & accurate, but hardly laser beams. I thought Rod Rutheford here had a better arm and he barely sniffed the league.

Let's think about this for a second:

Book will most likely never play in the NFL, but I'm supposed to believe the guy two strings behind him is an NFL-caliber quarterback because he made a couple good throws in mop-up duty? Max Browne made some NFL-level throws, too...

Precisely. If he was near that good there’s not a chance he’d be riding the pine.

Precisely. If he was near that good there’s not a chance he’d be riding the pine.

I said earlier....very rare is the season that Kelly doesn't jerk around his starting QB and put in the backup for significant reps. He hasn't messed with Book at all. I think Book is good, but not even close to the best Kelly has ever coached.

Is this a serious post? First many schools are rated at or above ND. Second he was a 5 star QB. He is really in college to go to the NFL and earn 10-20 times a year more than most of us will out of school.

Really it is the opposite, go anywhere he can play now and get the Pickett type experience of starting in so many P5 games. More time playing the slower the game gets for you.

It comes down to: Do you think at this moment if Jurkovic had 2 years starting for Pitt, would he be ahead of where Pickett is now?
I don’t know the answer, but I would think yes? Picketts last game against BC not included, he has had I would say a mediocre year

Reactions: boseman7
ADVERTISEMENT