ADVERTISEMENT

Jurkovec

Looks like pretty good evidence if a notre dame writer mentions there is “a lot of speculation” that he will transfer.

I doubt he will go to Pitt even if he does so I don’t care either way, but this clearly isn’t just a random thought.
Well, more precisely, the ND writer stated that people are speculating he could enter the portal, if Book returns, and then the ND writer explains why such a move wouldn’t make much sense for him to pursue for the remainder of the article.

Well, more precisely, the ND writer stated that people are speculating he could enter the portal, if Book returns, and then the ND writer explains why such a move wouldn’t make much sense for him to pursue for the remainder of the article.

Yes, same thing. You can’t transfer unless you enter the transfer portal.

And yes, the ND writer explains why it wouldn’t make sense.... so? If the kid doesn’t like the system or thinks another QB is higher in favor of the coaches, he will and should want out. No one can fault a DiNicci or MacVittie for transferring when an underclassman beats them out right? Go play somewhere and get experience

Reactions: JokePa
What about wvu? Not sure what their qb situation is but that’s be a decent option.

The fascination with WPIAL players transferring to Pitt, continues!

Foster to Pitt!
Wade to Pitt!
Raines to Pitt!
Jurkovec to Pitt!

Who cares?! Once they leave the area, On a personal level, I wish them the best. As far as football is concerned, they’re dead to me...

Foster to Pitt!
Wade to Pitt!
Raines to Pitt!
Jurkovec to Pitt!

Who cares?! Once they leave the area, On a personal level, I wish them the best. As far as football is concerned, they’re dead to me...
Would be tough on the ego too, spurning the hometown team in high school for bigger spotlight then coming back home to pitt with your tail between your legs because you couldn’t break in the depth chart elsewhere.

I could imagine not a lot of college footbsll players would want to do that.

Reactions: JS School
Would be tough on the ego too, spurning the hometown team in high school for bigger spotlight then coming back home to pitt with your tail between your legs because you couldn’t break in the depth chart elsewhere.

There's also this assumption that the door is open for any kid that wants to come back. Right or wrong, I'm not sure Pitt has made any attempts to get these guys back.

How would it be his tail between his legs when he is the heir apparent? He will start at ND but wants a different system.

Honestly if Whipple was here before I would think Jurkovic gives us a good look. We were running the ball before, now we pass 40 times a game. Any QB would love this system.

How would it be his tail between his legs when he is the heir apparent? He will start at ND but wants a different system.

Honestly if Whipple was here before I would think Jurkovic gives us a good look. We were running the ball before, now we pass 40 times a game. Any QB would love this system.
He’s the heir apparent at a school he and his family love but he’s still entering the portal??

what sense does this make?

Let's think about this for a second:

Book will most likely never play in the NFL, but I'm supposed to believe the guy two strings behind him is an NFL-caliber quarterback because he made a couple good throws in mop-up duty? Max Browne made some NFL-level throws, too...

Jurkovec is the back up.

Book will most likely never play in the NFL, but I'm supposed to believe the guy two strings behind him is an NFL-caliber quarterback because he made a couple good throws in mop-up duty? Max Browne made some NFL-level throws, too...

Palko vs Flacco anyone?

Not saying the Jurkovec is an NFL in waiting QB but it has happened in the pass. The NFL and college are 2 different games that require different skills from the QB posiiton. Again not saying that is the case here but it could happen.

Reactions: PharMorNightStocker
Palko vs Flacco anyone?

Not saying the Jurkovec is an NFL in waiting QB but it has happened in the pass. The NFL and college are 2 different games that require different skills from the QB posiiton. Again not saying that is the case here but it could happen.

No doubt it's a possibility. I just feel like it's a little different story when you're talking about a recruit of his stature. I'm sure he's gotten a much more thorough evaluation than a guy like Flacco. Of course, that's just a guess.

I'm guessing if the kid transfers out, the last place he would end up is at Pitt. We were an afterthought during his recruiting and there's no evidence he is homesick or has family issues.

More importantly, say Narduzzi brings him in. What does Beville do?

I cant imagine Beville stays.

Is it worth it?
I would think Beville wouldn’t shy from the competition. In fact maybe Jurkovic would shy away from Pitt because of Beville.

Reactions: Pittguy93
The kid was very talented in HS, and a great prospect. Not sure what happened at ND, but the kid has a lot of potential.

I would think Beville wouldn’t shy from the competition. In fact maybe Jurkovic would shy away from Pitt because of Beville.

Any reason for this assumption, other than to paint the Pitt guy in a positive light and the non-Pitt guy in a negative light? I'm not defending Jurkovec (or anyone else who spurns Pitt, for that matter). I'm just wondering if you have any inside insight.

Jurkovec is very good. Saw him play in mop up duty a few weeks back and a couple throws he made were nfl level throws. He will be in the NFL if he never starts a game at ND. But I’m sure he will get atleast one full year as the starter

He's thrown 3 passes the last three games. In their game against BC, he threw 1 pass - a 5 yard slant. When he's been in the games, he looks like a backup. He could get better this off season, but Book will be the starter next season because he's much better right now.

Seems to have a big windup . Not a quick release and supposed struggled at ND spring game. He won’t play much at ND next year without an injury to Book.

He does have a long slow windup and while it worked just fine in HS it will not work at the major college game. I took a look at the spring game and the time it takes to get the ball out of his hands allows for blitzing him often. JMHO

Seems to have a big windup . Not a quick release and supposed struggled at ND spring game. He won’t play much at ND next year without an injury to Book.

Any reason for this assumption, other than to paint the Pitt guy in a positive light and the non-Pitt guy in a negative light? I'm not defending Jurkovec (or anyone else who spurns Pitt, for that matter). I'm just wondering if you have any inside insight.
I said maybe. No inside info but I think Beville will be the main guy, possibly as soon as next year.

Narduzzi recruited him hard. He saw it as negative recruiting. Maybe Narduzzi was just being honest. It’s starting to look like Narduzzi was right. Too many coaches tell these kids what they want them to hear to just get them through the door. Sometimes good local kids benefit staying home because they are less likely to lose position to injury or being recruited over.
Maybe Narduzzi had the audacity to tell the young lad that he'd struggle to start at Notre Dame???

Why then, would he want to transfer? If he loves ND so much? Is it lack of p t? Did he expect to start as soon as he got there? If not then why?

what the f are you talking about?
About the time that Josh Lugg committed to ND, someone posted on Scout that they were close to the Luggs and shared a story about a mailing that he received that had article clippings about Pitt professors and various happenings on campus. The gist was that the culture around campus was toxic for white males. It could've been BS of course but Folks at Michigan were making similar claims on their board at the time.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof

Foster to Pitt!
Wade to Pitt!
Raines to Pitt!
Jurkovec to Pitt!

Nah... everyone loves a hometown hero -- no matter what part of the country you are from. Some folks just have some hometown pride -- there's really nothing wrong with that, actually it's admirable imo.

I said maybe. No inside info but I think Beville will be the main guy, possibly as soon as next year.

I don’t understand what this is based on, we haven’t seen him play and he had a poor offer sheet for a P5 QB. Why would you think he’s any better than Patti who had very similar offers and at least we’ve got to see him play?

I hope one of those guys emerge, but at this point there’s no reason to think Beville is as good as Patti, or that either of them is as good as Pickett.

You guys are funny. Big windup, not accurate, scared of Beville. I have no idea if he wants to transfer, and highly doubt there is anything to the rumor.

However, if Duzz would want to take him, he'd be the best QB on the roster the day he walked on campus. Quit being ridiculous.

The scared of Beville thing makes no sense at all. One guy was highly recruited and the other guy had mostly Ivy League type offers. It’s bizarre.

Let's not forget ND gets a very good high school QB every recruiting year. He will have competition for the backup position next year.

You guys are funny. Big windup, not accurate, scared of Beville. I have no idea if he wants to transfer, and highly doubt there is anything to the rumor.

However, if Duzz would want to take him, he'd be the best QB on the roster the day he walked on campus. Quit being ridiculous.

He has had struggled with his mechanics at Notre Dame to the extent their local press wrote a story or two about it.

That said, even a broken throwing motion he would probably be better than Pickett because of his size, athleticism and ability to read a defense.

Comparisons to pickett are irrelevant. Even if this highly unlikely scenario played out, he’d have to sit a year and would be competing with Patti and Neville in ‘21.

Comparisons to pickett are irrelevant. Even if this highly unlikely scenario played out, he’d have to sit a year and would be competing with Patti and Neville in ‘21.

I know that is what the rules state. Yet, Fields can leave his home state school and be eligible at Ohio State right away. Martell Tate can transfer from Ohio State to Miami because of Fields, and be eligible right away. Why can't an argument be made that someone wants to come back home?

I know that is what the rules state. Yet, Fields can leave his home state school and be eligible at Ohio State right away. Martell Tate can transfer from Ohio State to Miami because of Fields, and be eligible right away. Why can't an argument be made that someone wants to come back home?
Didn’t one or both of those guys play the race victim card? Think that’d work for him? He heard a bad word on campus and needed to come home?

Worth a try I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT