ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Fields is BACK and going to lead the Steelers to the promised land!

I don't know about that. I have been Tomlin supporter but as mentioned above its been a long time since the Steelers have actually been competitive with the 1-3 seeds in the AFC. The only thing that has me interested is the transformation that Fields is trying to make or so it appears to me. He is trying to become a winning QB in the league by doing what makes the offense effective, but what about Smith's offense (that is without Derrick Henry) caught Tomlin's eye I have no clue.

P.S. Pickett has nothing to do with any of the above.
tomlin hires bad coordinators, especially on offense. no one will debate that.

Reactions: Parkview57
we dont have the players to "open up the offense."
Which is why I don't understand the optimism. Hey, we got a great OL-man in the first round. Let's play him out of position and scratch our heads over why he's not performing. Let's draft a TE and then overpay the guy we tried to replace. Let's draft a guard and play him at center in front of our HOF QB. Let's put a QB room together that makes less than the QB we didn't sign. It's mind boggling.

This is pro football. You have to be aggressive or even mediocre defenses are going to hold you under 300 yards. You've been kind of lucky the first few weeks and your defense is fine until the injuries catch up with them, like they always do (Heyward is already missing practices for umm, rest). The second half of this schedule is brutal even if the division sucks because those games are rarely easy. Let Fields run. Throw a few balls over the middle.

Which is why I don't understand the optimism. Hey, we got a great OL-man in the first round. Let's play him out of position and scratch our heads over why he's not performing. Let's draft a TE and then overpay the guy we tried to replace. Let's draft a guard and play him at center in front of our HOF QB. Let's put a QB room together that makes less than the QB we didn't sign. It's mind boggling.

This is pro football. You have to be aggressive or even mediocre defenses are going to hold you under 300 yards. You've been kind of lucky the first few weeks and your defense is fine until the injuries catch up with them, like they always do (Heyward is already missing practices for umm, rest). The second half of this schedule is brutal even if the division sucks because those games are rarely easy. Let Fields run. Throw a few balls over the middle.
ha ha. i have no disagreements with any of this. you bringing up kendrick green though, i said immediately that this was a horrendous pick, but that's in the past.

not sure about Jones, they are moving him back and forth but alot of that is due to necessity. Fautanu missing camp and now out for season. In a perfect world, he'd be playing LT but with Moore doing ok, and us not having anyone else to play RT, someone has to play the position.

muth is beyond mediocre, we've all agreed on that extension being dumb. so yeah, agreed on everything. my optimism again, stems from me lowering the bar big time on this franchise. this is not your father's steelers anymore, the standard is not the standard of old, thats for sure..

ha ha. i have no disagreements with any of this. you bringing up kendrick green though, i said immediately that this was a horrendous pick, but that's in the past.

not sure about Jones, they are moving him back and forth but alot of that is due to necessity. Fautanu missing camp and now out for season. In a perfect world, he'd be playing LT but with Moore doing ok, and us not having anyone else to play RT, someone has to play the position.

muth is beyond mediocre, we've all agreed on that extension being dumb. so yeah, agreed on everything. my optimism again, stems from me lowering the bar big time on this franchise. this is not your father's steelers anymore, the standard is not the standard of old, thats for sure..
Even with Watt, they tried to make him a strong side DE and he couldn't do it. That's fine.

If you're lowering the bar, that's fair. I can't get there because it feels like the bar will just go lower and lower until things get sideways and that's worrisome. Takes a long time to dig out of a hole like that.

Even with Watt, they tried to make him a strong side DE and he couldn't do it. That's fine.

If you're lowering the bar, that's fair. I can't get there because it feels like the bar will just go lower and lower until things get sideways and that's worrisome. Takes a long time to dig out of a hole like that.
i dont know man, the older i get, the more i realize that championship or bust is a silly expectation from my sports teams. im in my late 40s and if it was world series or bust for pirates, i'd have never witnessed a good season (Too young for "we are family" team). and even though the pirates failed mightily, there were still some very great memories of me being a pirates fan.

same with pitt, never would have witnessed a successful season, wasnt born yet in 76.

Pitt hoops? Lol, dont even want to go there..

you got to lower the bar or everything in life is a failure.

• Haha
Reactions: Parkview57
i dont know man, the older i get, the more i realize that championship or bust is a silly expectation from my sports teams. im in my late 40s and if it was world series or bust for pirates, i'd have never witnessed a good season (Too young for "we are family" team). and even though the pirates failed mightily, there were still some very great memories of me being a pirates fan.

same with pitt, never would have witnessed a successful season, wasnt born yet in 76.

Pitt hoops? Lol, dont even want to go there..

you got to lower the bar or everything in life is a failure.
I'd be happy with the Steelers winning a playoff game at this point so the bar is lower.

Pittsburgh pro sports are pretty much ass right now. There aren't any realistic championship hopes in the near future anywhere you look.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT