ADVERTISEMENT

Kade Bell video

PITT 76

Scholarship
Apr 9, 2022

This video of Kade Bell was offered on Pittsburgh Sports Now. I found it quite enlightening, so I decided to share it.

I think Bell's personality and knowledge could lead to good things for our offense. I have been having anxiety and excitement about the new offense for a while now. Will the smaller guys be able to handle the physicality of the ACC without injury? Will this offense translate to a bigger stage? Can we really score 40 or so points a game?

I like the way he's handling the QBs. I think we finally got a coach who knows how to deal with and teach QBs. That's something we've been missing.

The use of more than one QB in the opener doesn't bother me at all. That's why it's advantageous to schedule a group of 5 team out of the gate. Actually, I've always felt QBs were granted too much leeway about staying in a game. I much rather prefer to approach it with a starting pitcher philosophy. If the pitcher is struggling, sometimes a fresher pitcher needs to come in.

Saturday should be exciting. We get to see 2 of our QBs in action working our new offense. Can't wait.

How long until Narduzzi gets mad at him for scoring too much and runs him out of town?

I've liked Bell since day 1. This video reinforces that feeling.

How long until Narduzzi gets mad at him for scoring too much and runs him out of town?
Nothing against being excited about the hire, or hearing an offensive guy bubble about his offense that he knows inside and out.....but the fact is "It's the Jimmie's and Joe's not the X's and O's" which holds true. At this point it is more likely that the fans get disgruntled with the offense before Pitt scores so much Narduzzi can't take it. This is not rocket science, forms of this offense are all over the place. I too hope the whole thing becomes as good as advertised, but it will be due to some players out performing their perceived ceilings (i,e. Pickett et.al 2021) more than how well the OC can talk about it. IMO

Nothing against being excited about the hire, or hearing an offensive guy bubble about his offense that he knows inside and out.....but the fact is "It's the Jimmie's and Joe's not the X's and O's" which holds true. At this point it is more likely that the fans get disgruntled with the offense before Pitt scores so much Narduzzi can't take it. This is not rocket science, forms of this offense are all over the place. I too hope the whole thing becomes as good as advertised, but it will be due to some players out performing their perceived ceilings (i,e. Pickett et.al 2021) more than how well the OC can talk about it. IMO
Your perceived ceilings, not mine. We have the horses to run this offense. And we have the OC to do it.

Reactions: Celtsfan
Your perceived ceilings, not mine.
I really have no expectations on ceilings, the perceived ceilings are those who rank players with stars as they are recruited. Year after year teams like Georgia, Alabama, Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame and the like have boatloads of 4 star recruits, and some 5 stars....my perception has nothing to do with it....and a majority of those teams are not really running this offense as a total package.

I really have no expectations on ceilings, the perceived ceilings are those who rank players with stars as they are recruited. Year after year teams like Georgia, Alabama, Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame and the like have boatloads of 4 star recruits, and some 5 stars....my perception has nothing to do with it....and a majority of those teams are not really running this offense as a total package.
So you have no perception of their ceilings?

Your post would seem to refute that.

Would point out that if we're talking an average of 40 points a game, that's super unlikely... but let's start by saying a touchdown more per game. 27 points or so on average. Anything more than that is gravy. Defense improves if you score an extra touchdown, too, so you can win some games with that output.

At least there is a real QB competition, unlike the previous two seasons where it was a farce. Kind of like the Steelers, actually.

The problem with Bell is that any good success will likely result in him being offered an OC job at a higher profile program.

At least there is a real QB competition, unlike the previous two seasons where it was a farce. Kind of like the Steelers, actually.

The problem with Bell is that any good success will likely result in him being offered an OC job at a higher profile program.
If they give me offensive success he can go wherever he wants

Reactions: Wanstash21

The good thing is that his offense is still viewed as a gimmick to some extent and many schools won't want to that way.

So you have no perception of their ceilings?

Your post would seem to refute that.
The perceptions I have are only second hand from star ratings and in the case of transfers , reports of prior achievement/lack of achievement. Add to the fact that having never coached at the D1 level, my perceptions would feel somewhat dubious at best as far as potential, etc. But one has to be smart or humble enough "to know what they don't know" , but like all Pitt fans I do have hope that Pitt continues to find/develop the guys who exceed the experts perception.....

The perceptions I have are only second hand from star ratings and in the case of transfers , reports of prior achievement/lack of achievement. Add to the fact that having never coached at the D1 level, my perceptions would feel somewhat dubious at best as far as potential, etc. But one has to be smart or humble enough "to know what they don't know" , but like all Pitt fans I do have hope that Pitt continues to find/develop the guys who exceed the experts perception.....
I just find it amusing that fans put any value on "experts perception" when Pitt's performance on the field and getting players into the NFL generally exceed the "experts perception" of where those things should be.

Coach Duzz is gonna be pissed he gave away a bunch of injury stuff lol. Probably be the last time he has an interview.

• Haha
Reactions: Upg bobcat

How so?
We are starting a transfer qb for the 3rd year in a row .
Eli will be our 6th starting qb since Pickett in 3 seasons
If you think that’s completion ,not sure what to tell you

Let me put it this way - if we don’t score at least 40+ against a really bad Kent state team - it’s going to another ugly year offensively

Really seems to love the game and brings a lot energy and positivity to the table. Looking forward to seeing how well we can execute the offense at Kade Bell's pace.

Reactions: PITT 76
You're missing 1/2 of the discussion point. What were the perceptions for those years, especially '21 and '22?
No, I really do get your point. 2 out of the last six years Pitt has risen above the perception of a 7.5 win program. That is what we (Pitt fans) hope to be able to do regularly, it would be nice to stay way from below 6-6 forever....but the landscape has really changed for the worse for 8 win type teams with the portal and NIL...

Reactions: PittPharm2002
No, I really do get your point. 2 out of the last six years Pitt has risen above the perception of a 7.5 win program. That is what we (Pitt fans) hope to be able to do regularly, it would be nice to stay way from below 6-6 forever....but the landscape has really changed for the worse for 8 win type teams with the portal and NIL...
We not Yuck!

Reactions: Parkview57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT