ADVERTISEMENT

Kade Bell

Sep 9, 2024
Regarding positive comments on another forum, I know that Kade Bell is the real deal. His mentor/father Kerwin Bell is a legend as player and coach; he should be a FBS coach. Interestingly, Heather Lyke is the reason Kade is here. She was personally involved and instrumental in his hiring. Coach Narduzzi prefers heavy run game with play action but was willing to take a chance on Kade. During white board sessions, Kade drew offensive pass plays up without pass pro. Hopefully, we can keep him around for a while.

Regarding positive comments on another forum, I know that Kade Bell is the real deal. His mentor/father Kerwin Bell is a legend as player and coach; he should be a FBS coach. Interestingly, Heather Lyke is the reason Kade is here. She was personally involved and instrumental in his hiring. Coach Narduzzi prefers heavy run game with play action but was willing to take a chance on Kade. During white board sessions, Kade drew offensive pass plays up without pass pro. Hopefully, we can keep him around for a while.
Kade Bell was hired because he's essentially a clone of a young Pat Narduzzi. If he didn't want to make a change, he wouldn't have.

Heather Lyke had no stroke with Narduzzi as he's unfirable. Notice who is gone and who is still here.

Cool first post.

Bell's offense has been fun to watch so far. Not an easy transition from what Pitt ran the past few years. Credit Narduzzi for completely embracing a change with the offense as well.

Kade Bell was hired because he's essentially a clone of a young Pat Narduzzi. If he didn't want to make a change, he wouldn't have.

Heather Lyke had no stroke with Narduzzi as he's unfirable. Notice who is gone and who is still here.
Yeah, Bell is a like Nards in some ways, and I really get the sense that Nards looks at him a bit like a son.

• Wow
Reactions: FireballZ
Whoever becomes the new AD is, their first task should be to spend some big money and lock him into keeping Kade Bell at Pitt. The man has brought a new offensive philosophy to a football program that was struggling to survive. Not knocking Narduzzi because I like the guy, but his offensive style was old and stale. With Kade Bell and the new pickups through the transfer portal, the Pitt offense has finally entered into the 21st century. If the new AD doesn't act quickly, Bell will be courted by and then taken from Pitt by a school like Alabama.

I prefer going back to Cignetti where there are 5 players making an error on a single play. Everyone knows thinking too much while running fast is the way to score points.

• Haha
Reactions: Parkview57
Whoever becomes the new AD is, their first task should be to spend some big money and lock him into keeping Kade Bell at Pitt. The man has brought a new offensive philosophy to a football program that was struggling to survive. Not knocking Narduzzi because I like the guy, but his offensive style was old and stale. With Kade Bell and the new pickups through the transfer portal, the Pitt offense has finally entered into the 21st century. If the new AD doesn't act quickly, Bell will be courted by and then taken from Pitt by a school like Alabama.

If Bell is successful at Pitt, there's probably not a lot Pitt can do to lock him down long term. He's probably going to look to make a move.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Can we wait until his offense plays a defense that will finish in the top 110 FBS defenses before we crown him the next Lincoln Riley?

I agree with you. I’d like to see Kade Bell be the “Pitt Head-Coach-in-Waiting” - without the wait being too long…

And I say crap on the notion of wait and see on Bell. It’s the approach, passion, ability to relate to players, commitment to creativity, and his future ability to attract offensive players that has me sold.

Pitt needs to use Bell to the max until the NFL (hopefully the Steelers) comes calling.

Go Pitt.

I agree with you. I’d like to see Kade Bell be the “Pitt Head-Coach-in-Waiting” - without the wait being too long…

And I say crap on the notion of wait and see on Bell. It’s the approach, passion, ability to relate to players, commitment to creativity, and his future ability to attract offensive players that has me sold.

Pitt needs to use Bell to the max until the NFL (hopefully the Steelers) comes calling.

Go Pitt.
Those "head coach in waiting" arrangements almost never work out as planned.

Yeah, Bell is a like Nards in some ways, and I really get the sense that Nards looks at him a bit like a son.

one way is on the podium...they both can spout the "ya knows" with way too much frequency.

Joking aside, I know it is only 2 games, but I'm still impressed how quickly the new offense fell into place. Almost like Canada after the first 2 games, and nothing like Graham who tried to implement his version of speed speed speed. The thing that concerns me most is depth at RB, Reid is a great talent and needs to be healthy all year.

one way is on the podium...they both can spout the "ya knows" with way too much frequency.

Joking aside, I know it is only 2 games, but I'm still impressed how quickly the new offense fell into place. Almost like Canada after the first 2 games, and nothing like Graham who tried to implement his version of speed speed speed. The thing that concerns me most is depth at RB, Reid is a great talent and needs to be healthy all year.
They both seem to have tons of enthusiasm for the game, ya know. Play fast, talk faster, ya know.

If Bell is successful at Pitt, there's probably not a lot Pitt can do to lock him down long term. He's probably going to look to make a move.
Short of making him the HC you are correct. The big boys will be able to spend more than pitt. And even if they made him the HC if he had success he wouldn't likely stay. Best thing they could do if this season goes well is give him as big of a contract as possible and hope to keep him maybe 2 more seasons. Find a smart young wr or RB coach to become a apprentice to bell.

Reactions: MajorMajors
I personally don't care how he speaks as long as he communicates effectively with the offense and gets them to perform better than they did. This game is huge for the trajectory of the team.

Can we wait until his offense plays a defense that will finish in the top 110 FBS defenses before we crown him the next Lincoln Riley?
II don't want Kade Bell to be the next Lincoln Riley. I want him to be the first Kade Bell. The OC who brought the 2024 Pitt offense in to the 21st century. Pitt needs to play this way on offense because their defense is going to give up points. That is not an insult to the defense, that is just the reality of the situation. Show the man that his hard work is appreciated before a school with deeper pockets comes in and tries to take him away.

I personally don't care how he speaks as long as he communicates effectively with the offense and gets them to perform better than they did. This game is huge for the trajectory of the team.
I wouldn't have cared if he stepped in front of the microphone and could only speak in grunts if he could have put together a significantly better performance than Towson was able to against a terrible Cincinnati defense.
If Towson can put up 440 yards and 20 points you damn sure should do better than 498 and 28 points.
You should not be held to 6 points for the first 44 minutes of the game.
You should not be held to under 10 yards on half of your drives through three quarters.
You start the 2nd half with a huge kick return and get the ball at the 50, you have to get a first down.

I see so many people on here praising the guy and I feel like I'm either going crazy or I watched a different game.

Reactions: Parkview57
I wouldn't have cared if he stepped in front of the microphone and could only speak in grunts if he could have put together a significantly better performance than Towson was able to against a terrible Cincinnati defense.
If Towson can put up 440 yards and 20 points you damn sure should do better than 498 and 28 points.
You should not be held to under 10 yards on half of your drives through three quarters.
You start the 2nd half with a huge kick return and get the ball at the 50, you have to get a first down.

I see so many people on here praising the guy and I feel like I'm either going crazy or I watched a different game.
Seriously?

Bell's offense has been fun to watch so far. Not an easy transition from what Pitt ran the past few years. Credit Narduzzi for completely embracing a change with the offense as well.
Narduzzi might shit talk his OC like he did whipple but like a good leader he lets his OC lead the offense for better (whipple and others) or worse (Jurassic cignetti).

It’s amazing that 500 yards is found lacking. The entire first half wasn’t on the OC. It was poor execution by Holstein.

Just Like NC Panther said the plays were there to have 14 to 21 points in the first half. For whatever reason Holstein was inaccurate in the first half. What is amazing is he was able to get them to score 21 in basically one quarter. That is what he is capable of. We haven't seen the ability to score like that in a while.

Let’s go!!!!!!! Hail to Pitt. This type of offense makes coming back from deficits with little time a real possibility. Gotta love Holstein’s passion.

Im bought in!

Agree with your comments

Let's not forget that the Cinn. game was Eli's 2nd collegiate appearance: against the 3 high safety d; which is rarely seen.
Also, Don Corleone is a "game wrecker" of a NT!

Reactions: PittInMissouri
Canada parlayed his time here into a big payday at LSU.

Bell will be on the new staff at Florida next year.

Why? I don’t see Bell Scheme’ing up a ton so far?

Like look at the Kansas QB. He was everybody’s darlin last year. This year he sucks. Why? Because the OC last year left. And that OC schemed open everything, which made it easy for the QB. Without that, the QB can’t do anything.

I don’t see a bunch of plays where Bell is scheming open WRs. A lot of the offense is Holstein Superman’ing to make the play work.

That’s the definition of self loathing yinzer. This season is 1/4 of the way in, and this fool is already giving up on next season.

SLY troll.😘
I was actually going to post that Florida should hire Duzz and Bell. Should duzz win 10 again this year, has any P5 head coach done more with less. Give Duzz gator level recruits. Just saying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT