ADVERTISEMENT

Kedon Slovis

Yeah . If he has a good season in a year from now he'll be hitting the bricks for the highest bidder ... Screw that .
Don't get me wrong . H2P but at this point in time ? The NCCA is a cesspool .

Yeah . If he has a good season in a year from now he'll be hitting the bricks for the highest bidder ... Screw that .
Why would him going to the NFL be a bad thing?

Hope i'm wrong but he ain't no Kenny ...
In reality, he may be even better then Kenny Pickett. I don't know why (maybe because he has a different first name) but I paid attention to what the guy did at usc and he is a very good QB. If addison would have honored his commitment, Pitt would have little drop in it's offensive performance from last year with Slovis at QB.

Reactions: BurghGuy68
In reality, he may be even better then Kenny Pickett. I don't know why (maybe because he has a different first name) but I paid attention to what the guy did at usc and he is a very good QB. If addison would have honored his commitment, Pitt would have little drop in it's offensive performance from last year with Slovis at QB.
With all that he had coming vack, HCPN pushed all his chips to get Slovis and Mumfield (thank god) to double top.

Seems the players are on the same page, too.

Put two BIG seasons back to back and you start to change the program's perception.

Yeah. His first name is pronounced KEEE-Dawn.

And having Kenny down the hall and field at practice every day will pay dividends. KP is willing and able to help his successor!

H2P/KP
well kenny might have other things to prioritize as a rookie QB trying to win a starting job and learn a new offense at the toughest position in football. but yeah, if he has a free minute or two, sure, go help slovis.

If he's a 1st Rounder. If he has a really good season but isnt a 1st Rounder, he could make more in college
Yeah I wonder how JuJu feels making less than college kids really a lot of NFL players....it's so weird right now. Basically you can choose wherever you want to play, stay in college, and make more money as opposed to being drafted by a team and city you don't want to be in.

this could be one of the most blindly optimistic threads i've read on here in a long time. hey, i love it, i love the confidence but man oh man are you guys getting way ahead of yourselves here..

If he's a 1st Rounder. If he has a really good season but isnt a 1st Rounder, he could make more in college

Not true. The guaranteed money plus 1 year salary equal to what Addison got is around pick 51. Kenny will make almost 10 million next year.

You're better off in the NFL.

this could be one of the most blindly optimistic threads i've read on here in a long time. hey, i love it, i love the confidence but man oh man are you guys getting way ahead of yourselves here..
He looked to me like a guy that was going to need very good protection. I guess the good news is they have a veteran OL who was pretty solid in pass protection last year.

I'm still not convinced he gives Pitt more that Patti, and still think there's an open competition in camp. Not a knock on Slovis, but more some love for Patti. They're different QBs. It depends on what the coaches want.

He looked to me like a guy that was going to need very good protection. I guess the good news is they have a veteran OL who was pretty solid in pass protection last year.

I'm still not convinced he gives Pitt more that Patti, and still think there's an open competition in camp. Not a knock on Slovis, but more some love for Patti. They're different QBs. It depends on what the coaches want.
we have a very experienced OL that has more than enough work history on pass protection. that is one thing im not too worried about.

I know Pickett really improved with his pocket awareness so he helped the OL look good at times BUT also, a lot of our pass plays last year were longer developing and also opposing defenses knew we were passing and im sure threw a ton of blitzes at our OL.

Think about it. If you were a D coordinator last year playing pitt, are you even worried for one second about our run game or are you focused 99.9% on how do i put pressure on pickett?

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
It is but if he has a good year he will be in the nfl

Unless the running game is going to become dominate, he has to be willing to throw the ball beyond 10 yards.

This year's defense will get people's attention, in the CFB media; after 3 or 4 games. It is loaded!

Huh? Why wouldn't he just enter the NFL draft in that case? Heck, if the rule was 2 years rather than 3, Addison would've entered the draft too. I'm not following.

Hope i'm wrong but he ain't no Kenny ...
That's OK. The way Nick looked in the Peach Bowl, we were gonna be pretty good w/o Kenny. Slovis can get us pretty close, and Nick is a fine backup.

I’m not so sure Nick won’t win the pre season QB battle.

It will be interesting to watch.
the sick side of me would kind of root for that just to see the absolute melt down on this board if that happened lol.

We have multiple threads from posters about how he is going pro after this season. If he lost out, i think this board would be as entertaining as it's ever been..

the sick side of me would kind of root for that just to see the absolute melt down on this board if that happened lol.

We have multiple threads from posters about how he is going pro after this season. If he lost out, i think this board would be as entertaining as it's ever been..
He, as in Slovis?

Speaking of board meltdowns, word is that Duzz is so pissed at Lincoln Riley that after Pitt wins the National Championship this season, Duzz wants the UCLA job next season.

Keep that under your hat...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT