CAN play, and I mean
PLAY. I don't follow pro
pro womens Bball so I
haven't seen her before.
If you get a chance, I
suggest watching her.
She has a total game.

Reactions: HOF Coach
I watched two of their games so far. It is an interesting sport, but I can't fathom how it possibly made the Olympic schedule.

Having said that, once it is on the list, how in the F does the USA not even qualify a team? It is bad enough that our 5-on-5 team is losing to France, but we can't even make the field in 3x3? They couldn't find 4 NBA schlubs that want a novelty gold medal? Props to the women for at least caring that much.

I basically agree with
your points and also
was wondering how
this is an Olympic sport,
but what do I know?....
skateboarding? LOL

However, Kelsey Plum,
this lady CAN play. Watch
her.

I think 3 x 3 was previously discussed on this board and specifically with Sheldon Jeter being involved I think.

I watched two of their games so far. It is an interesting sport, but I can't fathom how it possibly made the Olympic schedule.

Having said that, once it is on the list, how in the F does the USA not even qualify a team? It is bad enough that our 5-on-5 team is losing to France, but we can't even make the field in 3x3? They couldn't find 4 NBA schlubs that want a novelty gold medal? Props to the women for at least caring that much.
It's a demonstration sport, not guaranteed (or likely? Idk) to appear in future Olympics.

Idk why USA Basketball didn't try to put together a team with pros through. Weird.

The Olympics jumped the shark long ago.

Well when she graduated from Washington she was the leading scorer in NCAA women's basketball history. both career and single season. She averaged over 25 ppg for her career and almost 32 ppg as a senior. So yeah, she can play.

Yeah you're right. I
googled her and saw
her track record. As
you know, some of us
do follow Pitt women's
Bball.

Other than Candace
Parker, Lisa Leslie, Delle
Donne, Catchings and
a few others, I don't
really know what's
out there. This Kelsey
Plum IMO is the real
deal and worth watching.

Sheldon Jeter was on the USA team that won Gold in some tournament in a few years ago. I think the larger question is aren't there any better 3x3 players in the US other than Sheldon Jeter?

If it were me, I would have asked lower-level NBA dudes or even higher-level college players.

I basically agree with
your points and also
was wondering how
this is an Olympic sport,
but what do I know?....
skateboarding? LOL

However, Kelsey Plum,
this lady CAN play. Watch
her.
I watched a couple minutes of this "sport" and moved on. What's next? Why not Olympic H-O-R-S-E. Probably more entertaining.

i started to watch it and laugh about how ridiculous it was then i kept watching and it was actually quite entertaining.. olympics has a ton of ridiculous events and this is yet another one but you look past that, it's really entertaining to watch..

The original point of
the thread was the
overall Bball talent
of Kelsey Plum.

However, I admit that !
also am wondering how
3 on 3 has become an
olympic event (even if
it's on trial). Maybe I'm
out of touch, but come
on.....skateboarding??
H-O-R-S-E....too funny!

The original point of
the thread was the
overall Bball talent
of Kelsey Plum.

However, I admit that !
also am wondering how
3 on 3 has become an
olympic event (even if
it's on trial). Maybe I'm
out of touch, but come
on.....skateboarding??
H-O-R-S-E....too funny!
To play devil's advocate, beach volleyball might have seemed equally goofy at inception, but is wildly popular as an Olympic event now and with the AVP professional tour.

This is basically a cash grab from FIBA, the NBA, and their partners.

To play devil's advocate, beach volleyball might have seemed equally goofy at inception, but is wildly popular as an Olympic event now and with the AVP professional tour.

This is basically a cash grab from FIBA, the NBA, and their partners.
Good point. BTW I did
say I just might "be out
of touch".....examples
being "skateboarding
and H-O-R-S-E." So
these kinda events
just might be the
future, if so, I'll be
sure to admit being
"out of touch." 😀

ADVERTISEMENT