ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Ollie takes the fall for Miller and Pitino

Easy to slap that on Ollie--he's not coaching anywhere.
The NCAA is one of the most deplorable institutions of our time. They have no interest in affecting any university that makes them money. What a cowardly act to hit Ollie with a show cause now that he is no longer coaching. The NCAA is pure garbage, the ultimate hypocrites, they would never harm the goose that lays the golden eggs!

The NCAA is one of the most deplorable institutions of our time. They have no interest in affecting any university that makes them money. What a cowardly act to hit Ollie with a show cause now that he is no longer coaching. The NCAA is pure garbage, the ultimate hypocrites, they would never harm the goose that lays the golden eggs!

I mean, they may as well slap show causes on John Wooden and Adolph Rupp. That will be a REAL deterrent.

Only Kevin Ollie cheated at UConn. It started with him. 100% clean program until he arrived. Thank God that the NCAA are evenly applying justice to this hardened criminal who is clearly an outlier in an otherwise clean ecosystem!

I would like to see Sean Miller get the death penalty. Kick him out for life. Cheater
I agree. He is the poster child for what is wrong with college hoops. However, Arizona and Miller represent the golden goose that I was talking about in my other post. There are many other schools that also lay the golden eggs. That said, Miller is the ring leader when it comes to cheating, yet the NCAA will turn a blind eye despite the evidence.

I agree. He is the poster child for what is wrong with college hoops. However, Arizona and Miller represent the golden goose that I was talking about in my other post. There are many other schools that also lay the golden eggs. That said, Miller is the ring leader when it comes to cheating, yet the NCAA will turn a blind eye despite the evidence.

For me, the poster child is John Wooden. The most legendary coach in NCAA history was a cheating scumbag who shrugged his shoulders, said "aw shucks" and let Sam Gilbert do whatever he wanted. I'm sure there's a connection between the NCAA's soft stance on cheating and their deification of that piece of trash.

The NCAA is a joke. I’ve said this whole time, nothing substantial will happen. The NCAA won’t jeopardize its money.

Reactions: BPKY
For me, the poster child is John Wooden. The most legendary coach in NCAA history was a cheating scumbag who shrugged his shoulders, said "aw shucks" and let Sam Gilbert do whatever he wanted. I'm sure there's a connection between the NCAA's soft stance on cheating and their deification of that piece of trash.
Bingo!!!!

I look forward to the moment, and rest assured it is 100 percent happening, when Sean Miller gets his show cause and is fired from Arizona. I hope western Psych has a bed ready for you.

Unless you live under a rock or don’t actually follow college b-ball, the investigation into UConn has absolutely nothing to do with the FBI investigations. The declarative statements about pitino and Miller are premature and incorrect, per usual. Miller is 100 percent going to be the example they use to set this as well as Will Wade. And the hammer will be coming soon.

Reactions: HOF Coach
I look forward to the moment, and rest assured it is 100 percent happening, when Sean Miller gets his show cause and is fired from Arizona. I hope western Psych has a bed ready for you.

Unless you live under a rock or don’t actually follow college b-ball, the investigation into UConn has absolutely nothing to do with the FBI investigations. The declarative statements about pitino and Miller are premature and incorrect, per usual. Miller is 100 percent going to be the example they use to set this as well as Will Wade. And the hammer will be coming soon.

Miller may get fired from Arizona after they get their 1 year NCAAT ban but neither he nor Wade will get a show cause.

What would’ve been interesting is if UConn hadn’t fired Ollie and stood behind their coach , how would the NCAA have punished UConn then ?

Can’t imagine the NCAA banning a prominent HC from a major institution for 3 yrs . Banning an assistant or a guy whose like Ollie whose out of work is easy !

Anyone thinking the firing had anything to do with NCAA violations and not their record .....!

What would’ve been interesting is if UConn hadn’t fired Ollie and stood behind their coach , how would the NCAA have punished UConn then ?

Can’t imagine the NCAA banning a prominent HC from a major institution for 3 yrs . Banning an assistant or a guy whose like Ollie whose out of work is easy !

Anyone thinking the firing had anything to do with NCAA violations and not their record .....!
The punishment would have been having Kevin Ollie as their basketball coach

Wow, they hit UConn hard. It is like punishing a kid by not allowing him to have ice cream for dessert. For one night.

Until they truly hit these programs, I mean these coaches aren't cheating on their own, there is an infrastructure at these institutions, there is always another coach to take the reigns. Until they hit Louisville or Arizona, and not just "vacate wins" but ban then from the NCAA tourney for 2-3, reduce schollies significantly for a period......nothing will ever change.

He most certainly does! Credit to SMF for his consistency.
I've said it once and I'll say it again. SMF is no different with his blind loyalty to the real Sean Miler than ups'rs are to their crooked, criminal idol joepa.

Still hoping Arizona and Sean Miller get some sort of penalty..a loss scholarship for 1-3 years. It could help us for 2019 easily. If a blue blood doesn't, then probably Toledo will get hit with sanctions ahaha.

Wow, they hit UConn hard. It is like punishing a kid by not allowing him to have ice cream for dessert. For one night.

Until they truly hit these programs, I mean these coaches aren't cheating on their own, there is an infrastructure at these institutions, there is always another coach to take the reigns. Until they hit Louisville or Arizona, and not just "vacate wins" but ban then from the NCAA tourney for 2-3, reduce schollies significantly for a period......nothing will ever change.

And they never will, because they’d lose too much money.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. SMF is no different with his blind loyalty to the real Sean Miler than ups'rs are to their crooked, criminal idol joepa.

Except I have said Sean Miller deserves to be fired for employing Book Richardson. I would not fire him because I don't think what Book did is a big deal. You have to do that to compete.

To be fair, the issue here wasn’t the violations that Ollie committed, but that he lied or mislead the NCAA. To equate this with what Louisville/Arizona/LSU are up to is a bit of a stretch.

My line of thinking is, even if they hammered a renegade program like Louisville, does it even matter? They’re constantly in the news for one thing or another, but there’s still a line of stud prospects waiting to commit. NCAA violations are an art form in the SEC, but that isn’t stopping them from elevating dormant programs like Bama, LSU, Auburn, etc. A ban would be an annoyance, but they’d be right back at it as soon as the ban was lifted, if not before.

And they never will, because they’d lose too much money.
Really??? See I think this is wrong. This isn't like college football, where there are only a few games each year and the marquee teams make the ratings, and same with bowl games.

You take out an Arizona or Louisville from the NCAA tourney for 2-3 years, is it really going to cost money? Arizona would definitely hurt the Pac 12 tourney, but even a program as big as Louisville, their vacancy from the ACC tourney would not be missed.

He won a National championship...didn’t he !

They should’ve lost to St Joes in R1, but lucked out when their best player fouled out. He walked into a dream scenario with Napier and a lot of nice supporting pieces, but really didn’t add much. Even their fans didn’t think much of his coaching.

They should’ve lost to St Joes in R1, but lucked out when their best player fouled out. He walked into a dream scenario with Napier and a lot of nice supporting pieces, but really didn’t add much. Even their fans didn’t think much of his coaching.
But he still was the coach of a national championship team . Not many guys can say that .

But he still was the coach of a national championship team . Not many guys can say that .
His recruiting wasn't up to snuff, plus he had a lot of turnover with the players he did land. When that happens, it won't matter how good of a coach you are.

His recruiting wasn't up to snuff, plus he had a lot of turnover with the players he did land. When that happens, it won't matter how good of a coach you are.
I’m not saying he was a great coach , but he still won a national championship [ wish a coach at Pitt
(bb or Fb ) could say that in the near future ] . My point and what I’m really saying is that he got canned for not winning not for any NCAA violations . UConn is trying to spin it that they fired him do to the violations to void his contract . Moral is cheating is ok at UConn if you win !

I’m not saying he was a great coach , but he still won a national championship [ wish a coach at Pitt
(bb or Fb ) could say that in the near future ] . My point and what I’m really saying is that he got canned for not winning not for any NCAA violations . UConn is trying to spin it that they fired him do to the violations to void his contract . Moral is cheating is ok at UConn if you win !
He agrees with you...
920x920.jpg

Reactions: Fsgolfdr
Really??? See I think this is wrong. This isn't like college football, where there are only a few games each year and the marquee teams make the ratings, and same with bowl games.

You take out an Arizona or Louisville from the NCAA tourney for 2-3 years, is it really going to cost money? Arizona would definitely hurt the Pac 12 tourney, but even a program as big as Louisville, their vacancy from the ACC tourney would not be missed.

Sure. But if you take down an Arizona or Louisville, does that set a precedent for how you treat other teams? I don’t think the NCAA will want to risk that.

Sure. But if you take down an Arizona or Louisville, does that set a precedent for how you treat other teams? I don’t think the NCAA will want to risk that.

Maybe if you take down an Arizona or a Louisville it will make other programs think twice about cheating as blatantly as those two do.

Ok, ok, stop laughing now. It was just a joke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT