ADVERTISEMENT

Kind of OT and SIAP: Brian O'Neill sleep number commercial

PittInMissouri

All American
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2002
Sorry, the link I posted is a download and I don't want people to end up doing that. But has anyone else seen this commercial? You don't see OL getting endorsements like this usually, do you?

Sleep Number is HQ in Minneapolis, but that is pretty cool for Brian.

3M is also a Minnesota-based company, so maybe he can become a spokesman for Thinsulate gloves too.

Reactions: JSSTartan
I know this is not the intent of your post but it must be stated. The Sleep Number is the worst bed out there. I hated that bed from day one but the wife loved it, at least initially. She even ended up hating it after a year or so. It was only good for her pregnancy. After 6 years I finally convinced her to get rid of the damn thing. Before that we had a Tempur-Pedic the original foam mattress. That was a good bed, but it breaks down too quick, where you body leaves an indication. We now have a traditional 2 sided coil mattress from the Original Mattress Factory and couldn't be happier. Literally the best bed i ever had at 1/2 the price of the Sleep Number or the Tempur-Pedic.

Last edited:
I know this is not the intent of your post but it must be stated. The Sleep Number is the worst bed out there. I hated that bed from day one but the wife loved it at least initially because she even hated it after a year or so. It was only good for her pregnancy. After 6 years I finally convinced her to get rid of the damn thing. Before that we had a Tempur-Pedic the original foam mattress. That was a good bed but it breaks down too quick where you body leaves an indication. We now have a traditional 2 sided coil mattress from the Original Mattress Factory and couldn't be happier. Literally the best bed i ever had at 1/2 the price of the Sleep Number or the Tempur-Pedic.
I don't know if all Radisson hotels had Sleep Number beds, or just the one that I stayed at quite often about 10 years ago, but I could never get a good night's sleep on those things. So I have to agree with your review.

I know this is not the intent of your post but it must be stated. The Sleep Number is the worst bed out there. I hated that bed from day one but the wife loved it, at least initially. She even ended up hating it after a year or so. It was only good for her pregnancy. After 6 years I finally convinced her to get rid of the damn thing. Before that we had a Tempur-Pedic the original foam mattress. That was a good bed, but it breaks down too quick, where you body leaves an indication. We now have a traditional 2 sided coil mattress from the Original Mattress Factory and couldn't be happier. Literally the best bed i ever had at 1/2 the price of the Sleep Number or the Tempur-Pedic.

I've always wondered about those. My neck is so screwed up, I have a heck of a time getting a mattress that works. The couch has been my go-to for the last five years.

I've always wondered about those. My neck is so screwed up, I have a heck of a time getting a mattress that works. The couch has been my go-to for the last five years.

Sorry to hear about your neck. I was always leaving the Sleep Number bed for the couch also. Basically the Sleep Number did not give me the support I needed. That whole changing firmness was garbage, as it was just air pressure, there was no support. The first night we got the Original Mattress (which was 1/2 the price of the sleep number) no joke the 1st night in over 5 years where I made it a full night in bed. I have not visited the couch since I got the Original Mattress. Just a side note, I do not work for Original Mattress Company, I am just a happy customer.

Sorry to hear about your neck. I was always leaving the Sleep Number bed for the couch also. Basically the Sleep Number did not give me the support I needed. That whole changing firmness was garbage, as it was just air pressure, there was no support. The first night we got the Original Mattress (which was 1/2 the price of the sleep number) no joke the 1st night in over 5 years where I made it a full night in bed. I have not visited the couch since I got the Original Mattress. Just a side note, I do not work for Original Mattress Company, I am just a happy customer.

I think I'm comfortable on the couch because it's not as firm. I sleep pretty well in my bunk at my camp but I also think the alcohol and the company has something to do with that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT