ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kirstie Alley to the transfer portal…

Yes..... she was very pretty when she was younger. She had an alcohol addiction that she fought in adulthood. Maybe she was also Jewish?
Lmao what the **** are you goin on about here????

Thetan levels are big in the Church if Scientology

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Cheers was a great show.
Mostly…The secondary characters made it, but it incredibly unrealistic in assuming a Sox hero like Sam would not only fall for one dour hound like Shelly Long but then also for another like Kirstie (no offense intended). Neither one was even likable to compensate for their general ugliness. In mean, I realize that was the show’s hook, the irony, that the shallow pig transcends into a splendid human (which in Hollywood is defined by falling for someone physically beneath you ) etc etc … and as I said, the show was well written and could be extremely funny…but come on, no way. Especially 19 year old me watching at the time. I loved the bar guys, Carla, Woody (not so much Coach), even Frazier and Lilith. But I was NOT buying that a stud like Mayday Malone was gonna be hot for those two in the slightest!

She was good in the Star Trek movie, and the first movie with Travolta about the talking babies was ok (I mean, I wasn’t seeing it out, but it was not the worst date movie I was ever forced to go to … )

Last edited:
Reactions: steelcurtain55.
What some on here are really saying/thinking is since she is perceived as being a kook, crazy, or Scientologist or conservative, her death is less meaningful or minimizing her value as a human.
Let me just clarify I was doing none of those in my post; I was minimizing her due to her looks.

In justification, I feel ok doing this, having the burden of subpar looks myself. If I started working in a bar with Lindsay Vonn as my lead bartender, she is not going to fall for me no matter how intellectually vexing. I’m comfortable if not happy with this situation.

What some on here are really saying/thinking is since she is perceived as being a kook, crazy, or Scientologist or conservative, her death is less meaningful or minimizing her value as a human.
Man it was a different time and without sounding like a get off my lawn guy, it was a better time. You had hard core libs like Ted Danson and Woody Harrelson and hard core cons like Kelsey Grammar and Kirstie Allie who generally got along and cared for each other when the cameras were off. Now a woman dies and terrible people are celebrating online because they don’t like her politics. (No one here—but the usual suspects haven’t chimed in yet).

Man it was a different time and without sounding like a get off my lawn guy, it was a better time. You had hard core libs like Ted Danson and Woody Harrelson and hard core cons like Kelsey Grammar and Kirstie Allie who generally got along and cared for each other when the cameras were off. Now a woman dies and terrible people are celebrating online because they don’t like her politics. (No one here—but the usual suspects haven’t chimed in yet).
This is so true. I cannot believe how people are identified by their politics. In this country, the divide between Dems and Cons are like Catholics and Protestants in Ireland or Sunnis and Shi'ites in the Mid East.

It is over the top stupid and ridiculous.

Cheers was a great show.
no bigger fan of Cheers than me and it's probably not the right time to bring it up but i think the show took a drastic decline when Diane Chambers left and they replaced it with Rebecca..

I dont want to say that was the "jumping the shark" moment cause they had some good episodes with her but man the last few years were cringe-worthy..

no bigger fan of Cheers than me and it's probably not the right time to bring it up but i think the show took a drastic decline when Diane Chambers left and they replaced it with Rebecca..

I dont want to say that was the "jumping the shark" moment cause they had some good episodes with her but man the last few years were cringe-worthy..
Absolutely.

I 100% agree. There just wasn't the chemistry and Ally's role came across as a bit of a bitch and it killed the potential chemistry with Sam.

She was hot in that movie with Tom Selleck where they are trying to kill the villain who was in the band Kiss.

lol, it was actually a good movie. She was decent in Summer School and even a decent lookng vulcan

Last edited:
This is so true. I cannot believe how people are identified by their politics. In this country, the divide between Dems and Cons are like Catholics and Protestants in Ireland or Sunnis and Shi'ites in the Mid East.

It is over the top stupid and ridiculous.

It's the sportification of politics (ok I made up that word). I'm on one team you are on another. I'm a huge fan and only see my team as right and want to win regardless of actual positions on issues and candidates. Add social media to the mix to amplify this, and that's where we are at now.

Most TV shows have a five year shelf life. Diane left after season five.

Most TV shows have a five year shelf life. Diane left after season five.
the more i think about cheers post-diane chambers, the more i remember how truly bad it was. years of Rebecca trying to get Viper, AKA Tom Skerritt then he left and it was seasons of her trying to get that goofy english guy..

Then after him, didnt her and Sam try to have a baby together? Then i remember Rebecca trying to get her new boss to like her, a really really short guy?

Man, what a terrible character. I mean RIP and all but jesus did she ruin cheers or what..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT