ADVERTISEMENT

Kizza?

Kizzy is not on the roster on the official site. He likely would not be removed from that even if he had a season ending injury.

“Edward Kizza is no longer with the University of Pittsburgh men’s soccer program. No further statement will be given at this time.”

That blows.

Something very strange must have happened:

- serious violation of "team rules" (but if its very serious, it would have shown up in a police report)

- academics issue?

- Visa issue?

I dont think he just decided he didn't want to play after lighting up Louisville a few days prior.

Reactions: pitt90seven
Something very strange must have happened:

- serious violation of "team rules" (but if its very serious, it would have shown up in a police report)

- academics issue?

- Visa issue?

I dont think he just decided he didn't want to play after lighting up Louisville a few days prior.

wouldn't be academic. and not visa.

maybe he hired an agent? that doesn't make a ton of sense either.

team rules seems an odd one for him but i can't think of any other reasons.

wouldn't be academic. and not visa.

maybe he hired an agent? that doesn't make a ton of sense either.

team rules seems an odd one for him but i can't think of any other reasons.

Louisville kicked off some players for partying so in these times, I guess that's a possibility.

Louisville kicked off some players for partying so in these times, I guess that's a possibility.

perhaps but i highly doubt it. he's i line to get a professional contract. have a hard time believing he'd be that stupid.

i don't have much confidence in this but if i had to bet, i'd say it was illegal contact with an agent.

Not an NCAA issue. He’s no longer allowed to be a student at Pitt unfortunately so when that happens you can’t play a sport.

Reactions: singregardless
Not an NCAA issue. He’s no longer allowed to be a student at Pitt unfortunately so when that happens you can’t play a sport.
Smells like a visa issue. Without getting into politics, is Uganda on the president’s naughty list?

If he was a football player and the University made its statement, would anyone be thinking visa?

Smells like a visa issue. Without getting into politics, is Uganda on the president’s naughty list?

my opinion is a visa issue is very very low chance. visa issues don't just sneak up on you one day. and it's a student visa, not work. they don't just yank those w/ no notice.

he probably screwed up.

If he was a football player and the University made its statement, would anyone be thinking visa?
Do we have any football players who are on student visas? Maybe Baldonado?

Edit: forgot Kirk (Australia) and Wayne (Canada) in addition to Baldonado (Italy)

Do we have any football players who are on student visas? Maybe Baldonado?

Edit: forgot Kirk (Australia) and Wayne (Canada) in addition to Baldonado (Italy)
I think his absence likely has nothing to do with a visa, an agent or academics.

My guess is that he is gone because of something he did.

If he did something so bad to get kicked out school, it would have to show up in a police report unless its like an academic fraud issue. Of course, its Pitt so it could also be a failed drug test.

Presumed sexual assault. Was yanked off the roster the day of the ND game
F #metoo! DUE PROCESS FOR ALL MALES! Force women to FACE THE ACCUSED and PROVE IT!

DON'T believe all women! DEMAND EVIDENCE! DUE PROCESS!

Is this satire? Good lord.
MEN MATTER AS MUCH AS WOMEN -He said / she said.

Until something is PROVEN with EVIDENCE -NOBODY should be suspended, expelled or impacted in any way! Due Process, the right to cross examine and face the accuser in court with representation.

Until something is PROVEN with EVIDENCE -NOBODY should be suspended, expelled or impacted in any way! Due Process, the right to cross examine and face the accuser in court with representation.
Interesting - I’d be willing to bet you’d be singing a different tune if your daughter or granddaughter came to you and told you they were raped.

Reactions: Pittnerski
Interesting - I’d be willing to bet you’d be singing a different tune if your daughter or granddaughter came to you and told you they were raped.

And you the same, if it was your son or grandson accused of rape being expelled with no due process and was adamant he didn't do it.

Reactions: persp

how do you know due process didn't happen?

I'm familiar with the inside workings as to what goes on at Pitt. I'm not joking when I say I have several connections, inside the athletic committee and among professors.

well we're talking about this specific situation. how do you know? you think they're kicking an AA out with no evidence?

well we're talking about this specific situation. how do you know? you think they're kicking an AA out with no evidence?
I think so, males have been removed from campus, guilty without even a chance to be proven innocent.
I don't know for sure, but I know the climate on campus. But 2nd hand knowledge to be sure. but it's just my educated opinion that if accused he'd have no chance to defend himself or deny it. But yeah, I don't know for sure? Am I allowed to have an opinion? Or will this post be removed due to woke PC considerations?

And you the same, if it was your son or grandson accused of rape being expelled with no due process and was adamant he didn't do it.
Can't answer huh? Special Sauce where are you Answer this.

How do you know? The Title IX sexual assault process is littered with cases of expulsion harsh suspensions without due process protections. Furthermore, the university is not beholden to legal standards of guilt to levy said harsh punishments.

Now, could this sexual assault actually happened? Of course. But, because these investigative proceedings are often kept under tight secrecy, the true nature of the transgression is often never brought to light. The entire process is truly an affront to constitutional due process rights.

As to your last question, the university would absolutely toss an AA on an accusation. Its far less dangerous for them to boot an AA than face cancellation from the SJW/#metoo mob.

Can't answer huh? Special Sauce where are you Answer this.

I'll answer. Yes, if you were a male and were accused of that and expelled, it would suck. However, if there was truly no evidence, he wouldn't be found guilty of any crime. The "penalty" would be being kicked out school and a team. And yes, I realize the majority of these aren't forcible rapes and rather 2 drunk college kids going at it and when the girl says "no," the male keeps going and the girl doesn't really resist any further. Is that sexual assault? Yes.

I'll answer. Yes, if you were a male and were accused of that and expelled, it would suck. However, if there was truly no evidence, he wouldn't be found guilty of any crime. The "penalty" would be being kicked out school and a team. And yes, I realize the majority of these aren't forcible rapes and rather 2 drunk college kids going at it and when the girl says "no," the male keeps going and the girl doesn't really resist any further. Is that sexual assault? Yes.
Was he charged with a crime? Also, there are also cases where a girl says yes in her drunken state then regrets it the next day and changes her story and then there is no evidence that she ever said yes.

Another scenario exists where the girl wanted the guy for a relationship but the guy just wanted a one night stand and called it good after that one nighter. The girl feel jilted and get revenge by claiming sexual assault. These cases have happened.

Now, Im not saying that any of these scenarios did indeed happen in the Kizza case like these here. But, the possibility certainly exists. So of he was expelled and dropped from the team on an accusation without evidential merit, then I do have an issue with that. As I said before though, the university T9 investigative process is so secretive that it is nearly impossible for the general public to discover what is the actual truth.

No answer to this Special Sauce?
I don’t sit on a message board all day bud. Here’s my answer - they aren’t going to just kick out an All-American for no reason. With that said, does anybody even know for sure why he isn’t on the team or are people just making assumptions?

Reactions: joeydavid
They’re just not going to kick out an athlete unless they have to. That’s true for Pitt and most other D1 schools. Could there be some reforms to make the T9 process better? For sure. But I don’t think it’s any more or less opaque than any other kind of disciplinary proceeding that the university has for students. T9 IMO gets singled out because it’s a method by which people (often men) actually experience consequences for credible reports of sexual misconduct when the criminal justice system doesn’t. Some view that disparity as an indictment against T9; others view it as an indictment against the criminal justice system.

Anecdotally, I’ve heard that the Bridge on Forbes apartment building that primarily houses student-athletes has been an absolute nightmare from a T9 perspective.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT